Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Urban Strife - turn-based zombie survival RPG

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think I've said it lately - every new idea going into this game makes me excited. It all seems like stuff my friends and I would be like "wouldn't it be cool if". Looking better all the time.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
looks better with each update, but i would like to see a real gameplay trailer/teaser.

Yep us too :)

Actually last week we got the first sneak preview of the trailer (it's been worked on as we speak). And it was pretty cool stuff what we saw. On one hand we're biting our fingers waiting for it, on the other hand you cannot rush art and epicness. Seriously now, it is a top priority since it's the main feature of the Steam page and the spearhead of any true promotional campaign. But that's why it's done by friends who know their stuff when it comes to trailers and not by us. We're good enough to show you these small vids, but serious video production is another beast in itself.

That being said, I promise I will printscreen this and make it into a poster for the trailer team. Just as a energy boost.

lightbane

Arcane
A playable demo will do wonders indeed.
Just please try to resist the urge to suddenly join Epic's ranks, if suddenly a Chinese shows up carrying loads of money.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Just please try to resist the urge to suddenly join Epic's ranks, if suddenly a Chinese shows up carrying loads of money.

We don't expect people to join the Alpha just on our word, we want to game itself to make them do it. So yep, a free demo is a must and in the works.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

We don't expect people to join the Alpha just on our word, we want to game itself to make them do it. So yep, a free demo is a must and in the works.

Nice dodge there on the topic of Epic ;)

D1p for me on GoG, would buy it on Steam just to support you guys.
D1shiver me timber if on Epic game store :)

Codex Year of the Donut

epic exclusive confirmed

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Didn't dodge the Epic stuff, more like CBA to go over it again. I if you look a couple posts behind I stated clearly our position towards exclusivity. On Epic Store or elsewhere.

So our plan is to sell-out exclusively to our future players. Good plan, bad plan, it's what we have.

On the other hand, I am not sure one can resist a Chinese man if he offers you a deal you can't refuse. I mean a free Relox watch if you buy two is a free Relox watch.

Last edited:

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Didn't dodge the Epic stuff, more like CBA to go over it again. I if you look a couple posts behind I stated clearly our position towards exclusivity. On Epic Store or elsewhere.

On the other hand, I am not sure one can resist a Chinese man if he offers you a deal you can't refuse. I mean a free Relox watch if you buy two is a free Relox watch.

Ah my apologies my good man.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a bit baffled by how you managed to make a game with zombies sound interesting to me.

Really don't think there is a more overused trope than zombie apocalypse, and the mere mention of such a setting by now just makes me move on immediately.
Yet here I am, being interested in a game with zombies...

What did you put in my drink?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Hey guys, new vi...d... eo... Hmm... Wait...What's that?

Hehe! Thanks for the quick update, was omw here to post about the new Combat Improvements vid but Taka-Haradin beat me to it. There are a lot of tidbits there, we altered/added a lot of stuff. For example the cover indicator on the reticle is now available for snap shots too. It also shows weak cover in yellow (we said it does, but never showed it). We talked a lot about ballistics but we were due some in-game videos about that. Hitting multiple targets, bouncing off or going through cover... you got it. And please do give our artist a thumbs up for the new hud graphics (rucksack and everything there).

Enjoy.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Hey guys, new vi...d... eo... Hmm... Wait...What's that?

Hehe! Thanks for the quick update, was omw here to post about the new Combat Improvements vid but Taka-Haradin beat me to it. There are a lot of tidbits there, we altered/added a lot of stuff. For example the cover indicator on the reticle is now available for snap shots too. It also shows weak cover in yellow (we said it does, but never showed it). We talked a lot about ballistics but we were due some in-game videos about that. Hitting multiple targets, bouncing off or going through cover... you got it. And please do give our artist a thumbs up for the new hud graphics (rucksack and everything there).

Enjoy.
Video and that description of systems looks nicely Jagged Alliance-ish.

Does game have JA style aiming system, where player can expend AP for better change-to-hit?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Does game have JA style aiming system, where player can expend AP for better change-to-hit?

It's true ballistics vs dice roll so can't really use the JA system. But you will have to spend more AP for aimed shots, yes, while the quick draw/snap shot will be easier to aim and cost less AP. Also, do note that the snap shot will also aimed at the center mass (torso). So if the target is wearing body armor you can tell your damage so long, goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Last edited:

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer

Here we go, the last update of the week, a small sneak peak of how knock-knock jokes work in Urban Strife. Also please do note that we actually have ingame sounds (not the final pass, they're up for being reworked by Cosmin Mirza). But somehow we forgot to setup OBS properly to record them until today. Live and learn... live and learn...

PS: There will be other (more quiet) ways to insert your precious self inside buildings. But quiet entry is much less fun than breaking the door with a sledgehammer, right?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Very news-worthy day today, it seems. We just got word Turn Based Lovers added us to their database of upcoming turn-based games, all with a nice overview article. Not that it was a surprise (cause they asked us for pics and details so we kinda knew it is coming), but for a tiny indie dev studio this kind of exposure is golden so allow us to pop open a cold beer today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom