Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vagrus - The Riven Realms Prologue demo available until June 15th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Lost Pilgrims Studio; Vagrus - The Riven Realms

Recently, free game demos seem to have been making a resurgence. Often they're released on a temporary basis as part of promotional "digital showfloors", a trend that has been accelerated by the coronavirus pandemic. As part of this year's summer sale, GOG have released seven demos of upcoming titles. One of them is for Vagrus - The Riven Realms, the interesting-looking post-apocalyptic fantasy caravan management strategy RPG crowdfunded on Fig last year. Those who backed Vagrus have had access to alpha builds since the beginning, including an open world chapter released last month, but now the general public can check it out.

The Vagrus Prologue is available on GOG for free until June 15th, and will also be available on Steam starting from June 9th as part of the upcoming Steam Game Festival.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bladderfish

Augur
Cool game. Like the atmosphere and introduction. Sets up the game nicely. Also the prose is well put together, not overly verbose and effective, with plenty of options for different paths through the dialogue.

For anyone who likes Choose Your Own Adventure type games, it seems like a winner.

The description of the Emperor doesn't have half reek of the Master of Mankind from 40k, though. One has to wonder if that was on purpose.

oscar

Arcane
The art style is great and fresh at the very least. I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Damn I'd forgotten what a pos GOG is to use if you don't want to use their stupid Galaxy client

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Post apo caravan? Anyone remember Caravaneer 1 and 2?
47714.png

zaper

Yes.
Developer
Post apo caravan? Anyone remember Caravaneer 1 and 2?
47714.png

Loved it, wish there was something like it for mobile.

As for Vagrus, I've been excited about it since it was first mentioned here. Looks dope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom