Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire Bloodlines mods/fixes

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Konjad said:
IMO Bloodlines graphic is outdated and this little modification changes it to modern graphic.

Because I started to be GFX whore two weeks ago, I ripped and converted some images.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
A standard installation, patch 6.8, resolution 1280x1024, all settings maxed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Lockkaliber said:
No poking around the Nvidia control panel for AA and such?
After I started to rip these images, I tried AA 4x. The first seven images are with settings I use for every game. Note AA 4x hurts certain text.

Standard NVidia settings for all programs are trilinear optimalization off, high quality for images, LOD bias clamp, 0 prerendered frames.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ghostdog said:
Let's see.

Without enb :

enb with Konjads settings :

It's like those people who "gothed" up the early Diablo 3 screenshots.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Clockwork Knight said:
Konjad said:
Plus patch is much better because it adds what there should be in the first place. It just restores things (and rebalances) from game files that were not included in the final version.

Except for that katana + crossbow you get from the chinese vampire a little into the game.

And you have a single bolt for the crossbow until the weapon merchant in Downtown opens up to sell you more.

And the katana isn't a real, it's a replica one, meaning that the tire iron and the sledgehammer are better melee weapons.

So it doesn't fuck up balance or anything.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I never played Bloodlines (yeah I know...) but after seeing all the enb screenshots I feel compelled to say:
Omg those screens look horrible
The original ones look much better.

Murk

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
And you have a single bolt for the crossbow until the weapon merchant in Downtown opens up to sell you more.

And the katana isn't a real, it's a replica one, meaning that the tire iron and the sledgehammer are better melee weapons.

So it doesn't fuck up balance or anything.

you're right about the crossbow part (and even then, it is still a lame ranged weapon compared to the firearms available at that point), but the shin-gu-to or replica katana is stronger than a tire iron, but weaker than the fire-axe I believe.

however, even having said that, the game's combat is so goddamn easy even without those items that they don't friggin' matter. if a person has some philosophical hangup on the placement of them then... fine, be a whiny bitch about it but to say it ruins the game is idiotic.

Deacdo

Liturgist
I don't see the hate for Konjad's screens. It is darker, sure, but also more detailed/less blury.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I believe the "before" pictures are without anisotropic filtering, hence the blurriness.

Here are some random screenshots of my copy with all the graphics settings on default, except for cranking up antialiasing and AF in the nvidia control panel:

(hueg warning)

vtmb1.jpg

vtmb2.jpg

vtmb3.jpg

There are defects since the jpeg quality isn't great, but you get the idea.

Bloodlines has fuckin' amazing graphics.

Xor

Arcane
racofer said:
Xor said:
I believe the "before" pictures are without anisotropic filtering, hence the blurriness.

And what the fuck have I said on my post?

Something about liking hell.

Clockwork Knight said:
You're assuming xor hasn't put you on ignore

Racofer is too bro to ignore.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Xor said:

What the... HOW DID U GET THAT APARTMENT?

BTW does AA/Anisotropic filtering works fine with ATI too? Never tried it and didn't know these things may really improve ur graphic, so I may try it.

Still, I think ENB is better than original one, but whatever.

Murk

Arcane
Yeh, Trem and Nos get unique apartments - rest get santa monica dump and possible upgrade to downtown place depending on how much ass you kiss

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Deacdo said:
I don't see the hate for Konjad's screens. It is darker, sure, but also more detailed/less blury.

If you think enb looks more detailed and less blurry, you should get a new screen.

In fact I believe crappy screens are the only possible explanation for this.

I mean who would want to do this to such a great looking game:

vmb_enb_comparison.jpg

Acleacius

Novice
ENB might have worked if they had only done Ground textures.

The only explanation I can think why people can't see how blurry ENB is due to the Darkening.

I am using Wesp Plus, which I am betting ENB would ruin all the subtle texture fixes like ZylonBane Rain fixes. While his improved Rain Drops might work, I doubt the his new Splash texture would look correct and much better, as it does now. Additionally don't think MooCHa2's graphic fixes would be correct. I.e after seeing that pic of Jeanette blurriness around the eyes MooCHa2 Becket eye and glasses fix would probably turn to crap, too.

Xor

Arcane
The worst part about these threads is they always make me want to play Bloodlines AGAIN.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:necro:

So, I fired up bloodlines again to try the Clan Quest Mod and I started messing with graphics. Forcing 8xAA and 16AF really makes a difference. I'm also using Sweet FX. I find it much better than ENBseries. I'm only using it for added vibrance, darker shadows and sharper textures.

Original:

SweetFX:

Other things that might be of help :

- If you get the echo bug where sounds are repeating themselves put hardware acceleration at 3/4 and stop using quicksaves.

- If your sound sounds hollow, with reverb, and voices muffled then put the following in the autoexec.cfg. On second thought put this in your autoexec whatever the case. It fixes surround sound, and it makes sound better whether you're using surround or not :
Code:
// [Sound Patch]
snd_mixahead 0.35
snd_surround 1
snd_gain 2.2
snd_gain_max 1.58
dsp_on 1
dsp_spatial 73
dsp_stereo 1
dsp_dist_max 9999
hisound 1
footstep_pc_vol 0.91

- Stuff that might fix microstuttering :
Code:
mat_forcehardwaresync "0"
fps_max "60"

- Don't use SwetFX's/ENB's AA, it will probably introduce stutter. Instead, force it from your GFX card.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The online compression of the images sucked out a lot of detail, it's better in actual view.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
You don't mention any texture mods, so I think I see bump maps auto-generated out of the regular, diffuse maps (dark=recessed). Some textures look ok-ish that way, some are abominations. Makes it look "next-gen" at the cost of art direction.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That there was no weidu for bloodlines is a fucking tragedy.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
That there was no weidu for bloodlines is a fucking tragedy.
Yeah, they could at least use weidu for packaging and installing. With weidu you can do proper installs/uninstalls of mods and their separate components. The Clan Quest Mod installer is really shitty.

You don't mention any texture mods, so I think I see bump maps auto-generated out of the regular, diffuse maps (dark=recessed). Some textures look ok-ish that way, some are abominations. Makes it look "next-gen" at the cost of art direction.
Disregard previous pics. Jpeg and online compression fucked them up. Look at the new pics. As I said sweetfx is used only for vibrance, texture sharpness (Lumasharpen) and contrast (curves). It's much less intrusive than enb and doesn't change art-direction (like enb's HDR does). Anyway, it's pretty easy to check it out in-game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom