Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs and Brian Mitsoda - coming March

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by vortex, Feb 11, 2019.

1. normie Learned Zionist Agent

normie
    eurgh, goobers

in neoliberal progressive speak, being Islamic is synonymous with being authentic, a shortcut to portray having philosophical depth, and trying to look further into it is more effort than whoever conceptualised an open islamohomo put into it

adherency doesn't even enter the frame - playing around with the workings of that bag of identity grievances just ruins the facade and reveals the author's lack of understanding

• Brofist x 4
    • hopw roewur ne x 3
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 3
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    He's a gay black Muslim feminist (who probably vapes and was vegan when he was human). It comes off as a parody of the clamor for diversity. Such people probably exist irl, but as with all cognitive dissonance-inducing states, it comes with either "creative interpretations" (to the point of hyperinterprations) or a lot of mental anguish. But that's besides the point, the context of his introduction is not the best one and it should've been obvious that people would either cringe or riot. Also, gay, black, Muslim and feminist aren't character traits, yet writers use these things as if they are. It's the worst part of identity politics, when labels become identity and reduce the complexities of human personality to a handful of qualifiers.

• Brofist x 11
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Isn't the penitent religious vampire an ancient trope at this point.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. vota DC Learned

vota DC
    It would epic a Jehovah Witness vampire.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Wesp5 Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Wesp5
    Goral is right. Most of the actual histories were made by Troika, they were just disabled in the original game! Probably because some were not finished, some were outright broken, some didn't work with other bonuses and most were distributed all over the place regarding to the clans. So I fixed all of this and made it that each clan got 7 histories in the end...

• Salute x 6
    • Thanks! x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • No x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    That is what I said. Did we even figure out what Malkavian history with luck was supposed to give?

• No No x 2
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Technomancer Novice

Technomancer
    Pretty sure wesp5 modified them a bid because not all of them were working properly and fully complete. Like there was a tremere history that supposed to buff your blood magic but there was also an artifact that did the same and they did not stack making it pointless so he changed it. So not all of them 100% vanilla or even finished originally.

^ Top  
  8. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    Of course the neutrals would. Setites? They'd love your corruption obviously. Assamites? Diablerists themselves. Giovanni? They just want more souls. Ravnos? The few remaining are also diablerists. Of the Camarilla, I can easily see Nosferatu, Tremere and Ventrue entering into shady deals of all kinds, if it suits them.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. normie Learned Zionist Agent

normie
    diablerie isn't an issue if you have affirmative consent :^)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    And like I said, Autarki is another option.

^ Top  
  11. Ismaul Arcane Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    You're missing the gender: woman / trans.

• NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Ismaul Arcane Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Now that I think of it, Rudi makes perfect sense. I mean sure he comes off as a parody but don't all SJWs?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Herald of Durance Educated

Herald of Durance
    Funny thing that sexual orientation, race, or gender should be called character trait.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. gerey Cipher

gerey
    [​IMG]
    You tell me.

• Funny x 9
    • Absolutely Haram x 5
    • incline x 3
    • it is a mystery x 2
    • decline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Dux Savant

Dux
    Story packs. Weapon skins. Outfits. Pre-order bonuses. The whole nine yards. It's yours for only $100 or whatever the ultra mega edition amounts to.

Goddamn I'm disillusioned. Not sure what I was expecting in this day and age but I guess I'll never get used to it. I can't even imagine how badly this game's been chopped up already.

Pft, fucking story packs, people. That has to be the gayest thing yet.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Nonsense. The system on Bloodlines is simple when compared to others at their time but it does it job to force hard choices on character progression, the major reason we call a game popamole is when it has pretending mechanics, when the game goes out of its way to make its own mechanics irrelevant.

Skyrim for example, offer alot of options on skill trees but none of those choices are hard choices and eventually you will be the Badass master of everything with ease and grand master of all factions, this was made by design from Bethesda and this decision is one of the major reasons why Skyrim sucks. This doesn't happen on Bloodlines. Skyrim doesn't have attibutes too and you don't apply attribute points on the start of the game, meaning that the game doesn't force you to make a character with hard strengths and weaknesses. Sure you can larp as much as you want on Skyrim but it isn't a RPG, it is as RPG as Assassins Creed Odyssey is an RPG.

Nonsense. You have 12 skills to choose and 9 attributes not counting the disciplines, and yeah, they offer mostly passive bonus... like every RPG ever.
    The reason it is because on character creation, a Toreador has a lower pool of physical attributes, for example, yeah, you can make a Toreador brawler but that will be harder than to make a Brujah brawler and you will waste more precious points at it. Depending of the clan choice, you will have a easier time with social interaction or combat. It is convoluted if you are of the Todd Howard Wizard School of Popamole.

Please name me an RPG that doesn't have underutilized skills and hacking is pretty important, unless you have meta knowledge from a walkthrough.

Yeah... I remember raping everything with an overpowered cypher build I made on Pillows of Eternity... I guess game developers talking alot about balance magically makes games actually balanced... Sure, even after alot of patches, there are obvious better choices on Pillows of Eternity, that same is truth on all RPGs made to this day, especially on games where the developer gone bankrupt right afterwards and it was a miracle it delivered it half finished.

Practically required if you are min maxing, if you are just enjoying the game and aren't OCD about it, it is hardly required. This is valid to Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Baldurs Gate and the list goes on and on...

The disciplines are clan exclusive, so you cant do this, if you don't read a guide with the location of every single free skill point and what skills can be ignored, you can't do it either, Bloodlines flaws were design flaws and you had to go out of your way to exploit them while Skyrim was retarded since the very intro. If Bloodlines were like Skyrim, you would be able to align with all the clans and don't being forced to choose a clan but being able to use all the cool powers... wait... this sounds suspiciously familiar to what I heard about Bloodlines 2.

This is an argument from people that have nothing to say, it is just fucking empty rhetoric and shit social media psychology, you might feel an smart ass saying this but it is just an illusion, don't be a tard.
    This is the only point I agree with you, the ending could be better but I enjoyed the rest of the game... so...

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Wesp5 Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Wesp5
    I think Troika didn't know themselves, the comment there is just "Luck modifier?"

• Funny x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Salute x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Kyl Von Kull, you've been eye-rolling me a lot under all my SJW and Cara posts in this thread, I want to know why.

• Funny x 6
    • rolleyes x 2
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    It has the Bloodlines name, but this game will be nothing like Bloodlines when it comes to its DNA, its code.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    I'd guess the the person who created the character is likely a white man and felt that adding either one of those traits would make the character too much of a fetish thing.

(Or: the creator is a woman and this guy is her fetish [Or: the creator is a gay man and you get the gist]).

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Orma Arcane Patron

Orma
    Torment: Tides of Numenera

• Informative x 2
    • [citation needed] x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Egosphere Erudite

Egosphere
    the fuck is his avatar? Get your shit together Brian ffs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Wesp5 Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Wesp5
    The ending of Bloodlines was great! Instead of getting another final boss out of the box something happened that made me laugh out loud. And it was all orchestrated by the guy who was the first vampire you met which is supposed to be typical for VtM where everybody is always using everybody else. If you mean the endless fighting before that, that sucked indeed though.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Utgard-Loki Arcane

Utgard-Loki
    so only people that don't play videogames get access to actual gameplay footage? thanks, i guess.

• Yes x 5
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. conan_edw Learned

conan_edw

Well looks like we gonna see the gameplay next year

• WTF am I reading x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • No x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)