Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

kinzadza

Scholar
Always drama with vampires

a cut of domestic sheep prime

128 pages already ?! Without even reading it i can guess there must be something sex or sjw related as hardsuit labs " we are making great" games but show none on our portfolio is hardly going to convince anyone nor generate hype. Then it must be like beamdog all over again ... Could be worse, Mitsoda isn't so bad, but i am amongst the 5 codexers who really enjoyed dead state.
My bet is that it will be decent despite some SJW content.

the actual quotes from the PR people aren't so worrying. It's mainly who is working on it in senior positions - ie, an SJW journo or two. oh and somethin about a gay muslim

Mortmal

Arcane
Seriously, it's not like there are no homosexual Muslims, so depicting them in a game is not an issue.

Or is it that he's backing "progressive" norms? He's a gay Muslim, what do you expect him to do? Establish Sharia law? :lol:
Gay black Muslim feminist is the ultimate checklist of character traits for any progressive.
Aaaah ! Did not take long to find it. Now with such uproar they HAVE to include this pnp character in.

Mortmal

Arcane
128 pages already ?! Without even reading it i can guess there must be something sex or sjw related as hardsuit labs " we are making great" games but show none on our portfolio is hardly going to convince anyone nor generate hype. Then it must be like beamdog all over again ... Could be worse, Mitsoda isn't so bad, but i am amongst the 5 codexers who really enjoyed dead state.

the actual quotes from the PR people aren't so worrying. It's mainly who is working on it in senior positions - ie, an SJW journo or two. oh and somethin about a gay muslim
yes it will be probably be enjoyable if not big budget.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gay black Muslim feminist is the ultimate checklist of character traits for any progressive.

Hey Kyl Von Kull name a flaw this guy has. He bashes the fash, he fights for minorities, he respects women and humans alike, he's devoutly religious, where are the crippling personality flaws? All the (clan stereotype) characters in Bloodlines had them.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
what journal

D2PBDC0U8AMOprE.jpg

Damn, 129 pages in the thread already...

Hard to have an opinion yet, without seeing any actual gameplay, and obviously, I don't trust the game journos too much. Bloodlines was to a large degree about the atmosphere and the ton of different approaches, but the latter was also tied very stronly to character development. Remains to be seen if Hardsuit Labs can replicate that, given how different they are from Troika. If i was a betting man, I would put my money on them focusing more on combat and world interaction ala Dishonored, and not so much on dynamic story/character development, like the original, but who knows.

Regardless, one thing I hope they do is make the world more continuous. I really hated the way Bloodlines had a loading screen every 2 steps.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I have grave misgivings about the quality of the writing considering both the source material and the writers in charge of the game are working against any chance it won't be oozing pozz from every orifice. The gay Muslim is from the source material and is indicative of the quality of most other stuff featured in the NuWoD.

That aside, I'm even more concerned with the quality of the gameplay, considering the studio making the game seems to be the poster child for shovelware producing hacks without a shred of talent among them. Making an immersive sim is a challenge even for the most talented and experienced of developers in the industry, let alone these clowns.

Oh, and we can't forget Paradox and their nickel-and-diming. The game has just been announced and they're already chopping bits off of it to sell you back at exorbitant prices.

This whole project is a trainwreck in the making. Any of these factors alone could doom the project, but all of them combined? Yeah, I've already written this one off.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
btw that Rudi is in the Core Manual and the Anarch Manual... who says he'll be in Bloodlines2?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Because it is a really cheap fanfic. Crass too.

White liberals love to do things like this and pat themselves in the back because they see it as a good thing to do, it is basically depositing social credit points to use with other white liberals.

It could be. But that screenshot of what you call "journal" is directly taken for the VTM 5th edition core manual. Not the game.

Also, he is in Copenhagen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom