Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Probably because Bloodlines was rushed. Most people expect them not to pull the same shit this time but looking at the release schedule it looks like a repeat of last time. Paradox are retarded.

But they cut clans and disciplines, much to the annoyance of people who want feature parity with its predecessor :M

Prime Junta

Yeah shame about the facial animations, it was a huge factor in the charm of the original. VO sounds wooden compared to the likes of Jack, Jeanette, Bertram, or VV too.

Wesp5

Arcane
VO sounds wooden compared to the likes of Jack, Jeanette, Bertram, or VV too.

I would really like to know if these VOs are already final. I mean they are pre-alpha and I would imagine VOs are done when everything is finished! You can recognize Mitsoda doing some VO in the trailer, maybe the others are improvised by team members too?

Wesp5

Arcane
But they cut clans and disciplines, much to the annoyance of people who want feature parity with its predecessor :M

They already promised the missing Gangrel and Nosferatu clans as free DLC, and I can't fight the feeling that third person view has something to do with this. Like how would Protean or Obfuscate look from first person view? Not like very much :)!

vota DC

Augur
Lacroix saying "A bomb" with the same voice and tone of JC Denton would be funny.

They already promised the missing Gangrel and Nosferatu clans as free DLC, and I can't fight the feeling that third person view has something to do with this. Like how would Protean or Obfuscate look from first person view? Not like very much :)!

With only 2 disciplines instead of 3 for clan they can have the original Clans with more chance to have unique powers. They would be lazy and coward if they don't try. Seriously.
Malkavian dementation
Ventrue dominate
Bruja potence
Nosferatu obfuscate
Toreador presence
Tremere thaumaturgy
Gangrel protean

Then toreador and bruja share celerity, tremere and malkavian auspex, nosferatu and gangrel animalism.

Xeon

Augur
I think someone said there are a lot more clans that weren't present in Bloodline or something. If true I hope they add some of the clans that are missing from Bloodlines 1, I don't mean just as a character race, even if not playable, kinda want to see their hierarchies or something.

Vibalist

Arcane
Anyway, looks shitty. The triumph of its predecessor was in creating a low-key, cool atmosphere that you wanted to immerse yourself into, and having the freedom to do that in a variety of ways. Whereas this one just screams 'You can be a fucking cool vampire man, you can do parkour shit and blow people up with your hands and anything you like! Buy our game and we'll call you Ebony Nightshade in real life, for real dawg! It's EPIC'.

Maybe Knox Harrington is secretly lead writer?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another game where no one is talking about the evident C&C. That extended trailer shows a mission to capture a guy and bring him back with at least four possible outcomes, three of which must have a dramatic effect on the story. (Killing the guy and letting him leave the city may not be too different.) Maybe this is the only case where the player has huge agency in directing the story but I doubt it. Already rethinking my original assumption I'd only play this once.

Vibalist

Arcane
Eh. Plenty of games offer these choices with no consequences to follow. Hell, the first game had a similar situation in a side quest and was pretty much a self contained event that didn't mean anything in the bigger picture (the incident with Julius, the stuttering thin blood at the pier).

Most RPG designers are experts at creating scenarios that give the illusion of agency without actually offering it. Think of Deus Ex.:troll:

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lacroix saying "A bomb" with the same voice and tone of JC Denton would be funny.

With only 2 disciplines instead of 3 for clan they can have the original Clans with more chance to have unique powers. They would be lazy and coward if they don't try. Seriously.
Malkavian dementation
Ventrue dominate
Bruja potence
Nosferatu obfuscate
Toreador presence
Tremere thaumaturgy
Gangrel protean

Then toreador and bruja share celerity, tremere and malkavian auspex, nosferatu and gangrel animalism.
I personally would prefer Nightmare from Requiem for Nosferatu, Obfuscate is not a good discipline for vidya (I don't particularly like Obfuscate in general, it tends to engender uncreativity in players).

Vincente

Arbiter
Ok, what's up with Mitsoda's fingerless gloves? lol

maxresdefault.jpg

So he can do his cosplay, what else?

I'm really liking the verticality. One of the things I enjoy most in this type of game is climbing into high places. I hope there's plenty of exploration to be done that way.
Shit, apparently you can even fly. Wonder how well they'll pull that off

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah shame about the facial animations, it was a huge factor in the charm of the original. VO sounds wooden compared to the likes of Jack, Jeanette, Bertram, or VV too.

In the latest interview, Mitsoda says the voice actors are "the perfect cast," and "people are gonna be so psyched when they see the list of voice actors." Apparently, they have the same voice director as the original Bloodlines (somebody Tang?).

If you watch the extended gameplay footage, I think the few sequences where you see an NPC talking sound better than the voice over does in isolation. Like the sexy vampire lady who tells you to find Slug: her face is totally expressionless (hope this is a placeholder!), but the voice actress is doing a great job. Same for the Nosferatu in the sewers who tells you where to find Slug--his face is more expressive, too (though that's not saying much).

At first I found the voice of the guy who gives you your vampire orientation pretty off-putting, but then you see the character and it fits. He's a huge dork, so his lines are meant to be irritating. Shit like "welcome to the first day of the rest of your death" makes me want to punch that guy in the face and I think that's the point.

Even though there's a lot of jank in this footage, they're getting the atmosphere right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom