Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Fairfax

Arcane
The trailer made me realize how fucking great Source engine is for facial animation. Holy shit. How come not a single one could get above that level?
Valve created the best facial animation tool ever because facial animations were really important for the kinds of cinematic shooters they wanted to make. Everyone else just uses FaceFX middleware, which gets the job done, but a ton of not-worth-it-usually additional effort has to be made to get them on par (e.g. the difference between Deus Ex Human Revolution's usual dialogues and the extra special dialogue battles).

I believe Troika actually improved the already good system that Valve had for HL2, because as the latter would mainly be used in scripted scenes, Troika made theirs available using simple commands during dialogues or scripted scenes or cutscenes to reflect these dispositions and more: Neutral [1] Anger [1,2,3] Joy [1,2,3] Sad [1,2,3] Fear [1,2] Disgust [1] Apathy [1] Flirtatious [1] Confused [1] The command inside a dialogue file would look like this: npc.SetDisposition("Flirt",1)
These are just Expressions created with Faceposer. Troika made their own set and used that command to trigger the appropriate expression during scenes. The interface looks like this:

Faceposer_staticexpressionexample.jpg
S9Xl8MS.png

Yosharian

Arcane
Obfuscate doesn't work against cameras or other technological methods, it's jedi mind trick and not actual invisibility (or changing shape or the sort, it's all just a telepathic override on the senses of observers).

Honestly I think Nosferatu would just kill fledglings who use Obfuscate instead of learning to ninja shit properly.
Can we pay the Nosferatu to deal with the people responsible for this sequel?

(LEGAL DISCLAIMER: JUST A JOKE NOT AN ACTUAL CALL TO VIOLENCE DON'T SUE ME)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
These are just Expressions created with Faceposer. Troika made their own set and used that command to trigger the appropriate expression during scenes. The interface looks like this:
Lol, I wish we could import these as Codex avatars. The game is looking pretty positive, although I haven't watched the latest videos.

BTW, I also never played the original, my PC was too weak to handle Source at the time. And I have the game on GoG.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's the same video sullynathan
Chicks going "what is happening?" while being smacked in the head by a steel-pipe :)
The gameplay looks rough as hell.
The combat barks are really bad, not to mention the sound design. It sounds like an actor is standing in a booth reading off a sheet of paper. I really want these devs to play Condemned ... audio like that is what they need for this kind of combat. Well, pre-alpha and all that.

I also did hate the dialogue from the quest giver. "I am going to give you a quest. During this quest you will have an objective. I will now tell you what that objective is." Jesus christ.

How many different characters did Mitsoda voice? I counted at least 5 :)

Vibalist

Arcane
I also did hate the dialogue from the quest giver. "I am going to give you a quest. During this quest you will have an objective. I will now tell you what that objective is." Jesus christ.

Yeah. Contrast with Bloodlines 1: "I'm going to send you to Santa Monica, now go fuck yourself". :incline:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's so bad, I don't even want to make a list or talk about it. I just want to forget it ever happened.

Wesp5

Arcane
I believe Troika actually improved the already good system that Valve had for HL2, because as the latter would mainly be used in scripted scenes, Troika made theirs available using simple commands during dialogues or scripted scenes or cutscenes to reflect these dispositions and more: Neutral [1] Anger [1,2,3] Joy [1,2,3] Sad [1,2,3] Fear [1,2] Disgust [1] Apathy [1] Flirtatious [1] Confused [1] The command inside a dialogue file would look like this: npc.SetDisposition("Flirt",1)
These are just Expressions created with Faceposer. Troika made their own set and used that command to trigger the appropriate expression during scenes.

Yes, but the great thing is, everybody can add these expressions during dialogues without knowing anything about Faceposer or details (like I added several myself in the UP) :)!

Yosharian

Arcane
These are just Expressions created with Faceposer. Troika made their own set and used that command to trigger the appropriate expression during scenes.

Yes, but the great thing is, everybody can add these expressions during dialogues without knowing anything about Faceposer or details (like I added several myself in the UP) :)!
What's your opinion on the latest videos/trailers of Bloodlines 2? I'm curious.

Vibalist

Arcane
The voice actor for the Nosferatu behind the gate (not the one you chase down) sounds a bit like Sebastian LaCroix, doesn't he?
I wonder when they'll start revealing the voice actors.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't understand what is the point of that flip animation that keeps playing during that gameplay video. All it does is confuse the player as it changes your facing lol

Combat itself seemed slower and less exciting than Bloodlines 1. Good job "fixing" combat Mitsoda LOL

Paul_cz

Arcane
Lol, I wish we could import these as Codex avatars. The game is looking pretty positive, although I haven't watched the latest videos.

BTW, I also never played the original, my PC was too weak to handle Source at the time. And I have the game on GoG.

I have the original on STEAM, Should I play it or hold off on something else?

You guys have to be fucking kidding me. Stop embarassing yourselves and go play it. Finished Bloodlines should be a prerequisite to posting on codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom