Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well looking like that means i could run it on my gtx580,it does look worst than witcher 3 and i didn't had any problems. Same goes for outer worlds. So in the end it is a good thing,rpgs don't need great graphics,only fun levelling system,good writing and interesting exploration.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't fucking wait to be right as always and see your eternal butthurt when this game comes out as big of a dumpster fire as I expect it to 9 months from now.

Nine months is a lot of time, and it could get delayed too. I don't know, I feel like some people aren't mentally factoring in that this is a 2020 game. They're putting it in the same mental category as The Outer Worlds which is coming out this year became both games have shown gameplay.

Ironically, the same reason this game was initially dismissed - that the people making it are former F2P shooter devs with no RPG experience - is now the reason you should perhaps have more faith that they can polish up the combat. They're supposed to be good at that stuff.

Prime Junta

TBH I don't give much of a shit about the combat. I'm hoping for atmosphere, deeply nerdy understanding of WoD, and a cool story with vivid, well-written, well-acted, well-animated, memorable characters.

From what we've seen so far, I'll give them atmosphere and likely deep nerd WoD lore. The rest I'm not so sanguine about.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Brian seems to have Nosferatu social skills in every interview. Augment your personality with spine, dude...

Petite annoying blond vampire journalist can interview my weredong after E3. Wanna hear her pronounce looong vowels with british vamp tongue

And what were we here for? Ah, yeah game! Will be gud, just keep on with bitching&moaning tactics until devs make it as P&P as possible. What's silver for werewolves is bitchin & moanin for Paradox. Works every time just do it outside of Codex, cause to them this is place where Slugg would hide first and you saw from extended gameplay what they think about him

ArchAngel

Arcane
What a cancerous looking claustofuck of hud is that, it looks if was made with console/controller players in mind :argh:.
Elif looks like quality waifu material, not near Therese Voerman levels but decent. Club track looks gay but that is Seattle after all. Animation looks odd, even the fist game looked more fluid from what i remember, locking picking/puzzle is also lacking with a hold button for x amount of time "normie casual" approach to it.
:bunkertime:
Lockpicking worked the same in Bloodlines 1...

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I really hope someone will make a mod to remove the switch to 3rd person view everytime you do that wall climb or that stupid breakdance karate bullshit. It annoyed me in Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided and it annoys me now just looking at it.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Mitsoda.jpg

Guys, looks like Brian has been demoted for his lack of charisma while doing PR.

Okagron

Prophet
Yea the combat looks shitty, but it did in bloodlines 1, too, no excuse though.
Isn't the point of a sequel to improve things? The combat being bad in the original is not an excuse for the combat being bad in the sequel that comes out 15 years later.

When some people criticize something, they do it because they want the game to improve and not because they want the game to fail. It's not out of ill will, it's to want the game to be better.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Nine months is a lot of time, and it could get delayed too. I don't know, I feel like some people aren't mentally factoring in that this is a 2020 game. They're putting it in the same mental category as The Outer Worlds which is coming out this year became both games have shown gameplay.

Ironically, the same reason this game was initially dismissed - that the people making it are former F2P shooter devs with no RPG experience - is now the reason you should perhaps have more faith that they can polish up the combat. They're supposed to be good at that stuff.
A lot of smaller studios use contractor work to finish up those games and then all that talent leaves. I doubt most of the people who actually made the combat in Blacklight feel and look good still remain at the studio.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yea the combat looks shitty, but it did in bloodlines 1, too, no excuse though.
Isn't the point of a sequel to improve things? The combat being bad in the original is not an excuse for the combat being bad in the sequel that comes out 15 years later.

When some people criticize something, they do it because they want the game to improve and not because they want the game to fail. It's not out of ill will, it's to want the game to be better.

Yeah, you're absolutely right, it should. It's just, often times it doesn't. So I've come to not expect it to for some franchises.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
A big soy yikes from me on the writing. It's not as SJW as I feared but it just doesn't have the same edge Bloodlines did. It doesn't seem as clever or as atmospheric. Also, none of the vampires look that much different from normal people. In Bloodlines, the vampires all looked distinct and had identity. No one stood out to me in this demo.
One thing that sticks out is that we can kill so many women here. Masked or not, there are already more characters of stupider sex we can exterminate than in whole Bloodlines (where there was that chink-slug, bitch with plague and crazy women in Grout's mansion). Feminists have triumphed this time :D. :clap: :clap:

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Hmm, watched the gameplaytrailer. Yeah, the combat is very clunky and I don't like the encounter, but the atmosphere feels already right. This is Bloodlines ... so let's hope that they get that combat system right.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I love it, it's quaint, like racially diverse criminal gangs in 80s movies
yeah, I hate it as it's dumb, but I agree that it's similar.

this is what you get when a clueless, sjws are designing your game.

whatever, I'm really going to enjoy beating women to death in this game. Thanks, Hardsuit Labs! :bounce:

Nines_Anarch

Learned
A big soy yikes from me on the writing. It's not as SJW as I feared but it just doesn't have the same edge Bloodlines did. It doesn't seem as clever or as atmospheric. Also, none of the vampires look that much different from normal people. In Bloodlines, the vampires all looked distinct and had identity. No one stood out to me in this demo.
One thing that sticks out is that we can kill so many women here. Masked or not, there are already more characters of stupider sex we can exterminate than in whole Bloodlines (where there was that chink-slug, bitch with plague and crazy women in Grout's mansion). Feminists have triumphed this time :D. :clap: :clap:

Some of those "women" had male voices. It's a trap.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I thought Cara Ellison was supposed to be there to work on some side quests. When did she become lead narrative designer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom