Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Generic-Giant-Spider

The recent obsession with "da dark web" is the gayest thing ever. I've been on "da dark web" and all I found was a bunch of red rooms and human doll makers. No big deal.

They've entered the second Escape Room, by the way. The game's still on.

https://www.twitch.tv/tender_sec02

Don't know if they'll announce anything else after that.

Tender plans to organized a controlled test group on the 23rd. These are 4-hour sessions where they will monitor your biometric data while using Tender, and, based on the result, their algorithm will assemble you into two groups that have to tackle and escape the room.

Space Nugget

They better not make the actual game reveal and information "timed exclusive" to those 300 Tender users. :argh:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The more pictures they reveal the more I get afraid that this will be a remake not a new sequel... Which would be lazy as hell.. It is either this or another sequel set in the same places as the original bloodlines? also screams lack of creativity and laziness... We will see...

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
This is probably optimistic, but its 70 people and (Almost certainly given their job openings and past work) Unreal Engine 4, even with some throwbacks to Bloodlines they hopefully can have more scope/locations then Troika's 40-ish and a half-finished Source.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

theLorry

Educated
Came out of lurker mode for this. Just to manage my expectations scope-wise: what kind of cash would Paradox have lying around to throw at a project like this, and how much would a medium-sized AA(+) game (like, say, VtM:B or The Other Worlds) cost to make?

Some 40 developers over 3 years plus all the other crap you need (licensing, marketing, etc) in a Western country would land the development costs around, what, $15-20 million? That would mean an annual outlay of $5-7 mil. Or is 40 full-time developers not enough for a game these days?

In 2018 Paradox had a revenue of $120 mil, and three years ago a bit more than half of that. Their profit margin is healthy. So, to me it seems they would have no problems funding a game of the same scope as Bloodlines (and this even without relying on their ubiquitous DLC diarrhea).

They have the money. All they need is make the game good.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems quite possible that the game is not fully funded by Paradox. Hardsuit Labs, if they are indeed the devs, probably made some money with their F2P shooter.

Deleted Member 16721

To the person talking about budgets - for the amount of effort that's gone into this already, IMO they have to be doing it big. I think they expect a yuuge turnout when the game releases being it's A) a new VtM(B?) game, and B) it's also vampires, and C) it's also a vampire RPG. I think this game is going to sell big time.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
T5Ydely.jpg

Is this the Santa Monica pier?
Santa Monica would not have city lights on the horizon.

Space Nugget

Whatever Hardsuit Labs are developing for Paradox (which I believe is a new Masquerade game, for all the reasons discussed in this thread), they must have made a pretty good impression.

It is their first project built from the ground up (they inherited Blacklight: Retribuition from Zombie Studios), many of the studio staffers were hired in the past two years, they've mostly worked in a supporting capacity (the lastest game they helped ship was State of Decay 2 -- Hardsuit received Additional Programming credits). And yet, Paradox bought in, and are trusting them with their most popular/heavyweight setting in the World of Darkness IP. In every opportunity of the way, Paradox higher-ups mention how they are willing to sack underwhelming and unpromising projects as early as possible.

So, all things considered: Hardsuit Labs are getting shit done. That must be worth something.

P.S.: And all stars are aligned for Brian Mitsoda to be involved; his influence shall/would be crucial to the game's success and quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
To be fair, Paradox gave Werewolf to Cyanide, so the bar set by Paradox doesn't seem to be that high.

Still, cautiously optimistic about this. Can't wait for more detail in March.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom