Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Space Nugget

To be fair, Paradox gave Werewolf to Cyanide, so the bar set by Paradox doesn't seem to be that high.

Still, cautiously optimistic about this. Can't wait for more detail in March.
I believe that was a White Wolf decision, before most of its staff were dismissed and they would no longer function as a separate entity from Paradox Interactive.

Also, the Werewolf publisher was Focus Home Interactive. White Wolf was taking a hands-off approach, if you may.

With Vampire, Paradox are taking matters with their own hands, going as far to acquire a 33% stake in Hardsuit Labs "to increase our own capacity to manage our portfolio of brands in a strategic way, together with a studio and studio management we believe in".

Last edited by a moderator:

Viata

Arcane
Not following the thread until March, then. Better do this than let the hype gets so big and be easily crushed. It hurts more if the fall is too big, after all.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
I'm optimistic. Seeing a big IP go to a small team gives me early Witcher vibes.
Vampire: the Cuckening.

Yay... I am so enthused...

giphy.gif

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

Can they quit jerking people off with this marketing shit and just say what they are making. Clearly going to be garbage so just come out with it. I'm not even expecting an RPG from this, let alone a first person RPG like Bloodlines, it's more likely going to be some kind of visual novel hybrid thing.

Wesp5

Arcane
The more pictures they reveal the more I get afraid that this will be a remake not a new sequel...

Why would they make new concept art for a remake? This makes no sense, also all the pictures we got are not really connected to Bloodlines...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would they make new concept art for a remake? This makes no sense, also all the pictures we got are not really connected to Bloodlines...
Except (almost) all of them look suspiciously like Bloodlines locations. The only one which doesn't fit is the Londonish location, but it might just be a "reinterpretation" of Santa Monica. I'm hoping it's not a remake and it probably isn't, it's still uncanny, however

Last edited:

Valtiel

Scholar
because it wouldn't be a shot for shot remake, all the locations would need a revamp at least. Btw I hope it isn't the case, but the more we see the more looks like a remake (Egypt tombs, Santa Monica Pier), hope it's just a sequel based in the same location

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The more pictures they reveal the more I get afraid that this will be a remake not a new sequel...

All the art released looks very similar to the original. Even if its not a remake, using the same locations for another squeal is a bad idea. Why use the same places twice?

Vincente

Arbiter
Instead of just L.A and L.A area, they might make multiple cities to act as a hub system, and maybe Downtown L.A(Hallowbrook) is in L.A hub?

Wesp5

Arcane
(Egypt tombs, Santa Monica Pier)

Egypt tombs? I haven't seen that one yet! Can you post a link? Also somebody already explained that the pier shown in the video can't be from Santa Monica because there are lights visible across the water. And the other pictures looked rather generic for a vampire game to me: a bloody crime scene, some underground ruins. It's VtM after all, so we can expect similarities...

I would rather like to know what the people discovered while playing the New York escape room scenario. Any new infos? The Game Detectives Wiki about the ARG hasn't been updated!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The lights across the pier might just be a lack of research and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. In VtM, the whole world is accessible, why have so many similarities to Bloodlines? Seems like either shooting yourself in the foot, lack of creativity or a remake.

Space Nugget

(Egypt tombs, Santa Monica Pier)

Egypt tombs? I haven't seen that one yet! Can you post a link? Also somebody already explained that the pier shown in the video can't be from Santa Monica because there are lights visible across the water. And the other pictures looked rather generic for a vampire game to me: a bloody crime scene, some underground ruins. It's VtM after all, so we can expect similarities...

I would rather like to know what the people discovered while playing the New York escape room scenario. Any new infos? The Game Detectives Wiki about the ARG hasn't been updated!
Some say that's the Pier 41 in San Francisco.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pier_41

o.jpg
Go to Google Maps and use the Street View on one of the nearby piers. Look towards Alcatraz and Angel Island, and you are going to see a familiar horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Some say that's the Pier 41 in San Francisco.
Hmm.
37063895816_54197ca758_b.jpg

Yep, looking like SF. Enjoy your gays, dangerhairs, techbros, Pelosi-voters, homeless streetshitters, and Asians. :M

Edit: On second thought, it could just be Seattle, which would make a lot of sense given where the developers are. Same culture though. :P
1.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom