Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Reinhardt

Arcane
Embraced from former gender studies or sociology students, those who suffered and endured great personal loss.
It's about student loans?

Cael

Arcane
Embraced from former gender studies or sociology students, those who suffered and endured great personal loss.
It's about student loans?
"Join us! Join us and all your student loans will disappear!* You will be free!"

*You may have to eat a few debt collectors and maybe a few government servants, but there will always be more where those came from!

Yosharian

Arcane
Things VtMB was about:

-heavy metal

There was 0 heavy metal in Bloodlines.
Industrial metal, then. Whatever.

I think you meant to say goth which is kinda like sexuality + metal music (which you mentioned as separate things on your list).
Well Genitorturers are specifically industrial metal and Lecher Bitch was the one track was the one that sprang to mind, so.. but who fucking cares, really

Vincente

Arbiter
So uh, in your guys' opinion, where will the game take place? L.A like Bloodlines, NYC like Redemption, or somewhere new like Chicago?

So uh, in your guys' opinion, where will the game take place? L.A like Bloodlines, NYC like Redemption, or somewhere new like Chicago?

san-francisco-pride-parade-trikone-lgbt-trolley-float-group-lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-members-supporters-39299193.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
If they're smart, they'll do 5 different locations around the world. Back in the days, everything Chinese used to be hip, so Deus Ex did Hong Kong, while VtMB did China town. Nowadays, Russia and Arabic countries are exotic. And timetravel through any mechanics (someone's memories, torpor, whatever) would be great.

So all in all:
- Russia
- Any Assamite territories - Arabic, Middle Eastern, maybe Turkish
- Time travel to Dark Ages Constantinople
- Time travel to Victorian America around Mississippi with their famous steamboats, the area infused with the creole culture, to give homage to a certain vampire novel
- Last one is up to your, Paracucks

Edit: oh, the 80s are making a return. So 80s America, like in Stranger Things.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Dark Ages is overdone and it will be full of trannies and gays. I propose the Roman Empire or Carthage.
If they do Roman Empire, it'll be a game about Roman Empire, not about vampires. Everyone would have to talk with phrases like "You appear as honorable man, yet attempt to slip cock in ass!", "Jupiter's balls!", etc. The vampire theme would be heavily diluted.

user

Savant
If they're smart, they'll do 5 different locations around the world. Back in the days, everything Chinese used to be hip, so Deus Ex did Hong Kong, while VtMB did China town. Nowadays, Russia and Arabic countries are exotic. And timetravel through any mechanics (someone's memories, torpor, whatever) would be great.

So all in all:
- Russia
- Time travel to Victorian America around Mississippi with their famous steamboats, the area infused with the creole culture, to give homage to a certain vampire novel

I didn't like that in Redemption tbh - I'd prefer if it was only about either the middle-ages or modern era. Hope it picks a setting and sticks to it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

So all in all:
- Russia

I didn't like that in Redemption tbh - I'd prefer if it was only about either the middle-ages or modern era. Hope it picks a setting and sticks to it.
"Didn't like"? Nigga, it was mind blowing. For half a game you play in the middles ages and then bam you're in the modern world with a shotgun. It was mind blowing.

Fortunately, it's an old game now and most people wouldn't expect that particular trope. It's ripe to be exploited again.

Vincente

Arbiter
Dark Ages is overdone and it will be full of trannies and gays. I propose the Roman Empire or Carthage.
If they do Roman Empire, it'll be a game about Roman Empire, not about vampires. Everyone would have to talk with phrases like "You appear as honorable man, yet attempt to slip cock in ass!", "Jupiter's balls!", etc. The vampire theme would be heavily diluted.

''Hardestadt, me ol' cock!''

Cael

Arcane

''Hardestadt, me ol' cock!''
I wish Arcanum did that instead of all the "Very good, sir!" "You wound me, sir!" "Please, sir, everyone is upper crust in this world and so let us not be crass, sir!"

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

I see your logic, but not necessarily. Hell, Requiem had couple of Requiem for Rome books and that whole "Rome explored through the eyes of vampires" mostly worked just fine. You could argue Rome itself is established enough to be familiar to your average audience out there so that you could see the setting from a POV not confined to merely being ancient Rome.

0a11ecb2d18e6832a262195283c833b3.jpg

user

Savant

So all in all:
- Russia

"Didn't like"? Nigga, it was mind blowing. For half a game you play in the middles ages and then bam you're in the modern world with a shotgun. It was mind blowing.

Fortunately, it's an old game now and most people wouldn't expect that particular trope. It's ripe to be exploited again.

It was mind blowing and it was cool in the sense that it gave you a taste of being ageless and immortal. I think the main reason I didn't like it, was because it left me with a weird annoying feeling of longing for both settings in the end - I didn't get enough of either setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom