Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Quillon

Arcane
Brujah reveal

• Fist of Caine gives you a punch even the big daddy of the vamps would be proud of. Knock down walls and throw people far. It's upgradeable, too.

in action:

15158_500.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
C'mon dudes, most of the active disciplines in the original felt really trashy to use. Passive effects or poorly designed projectile stuff. What we've seen so far looks to be an upgrade on that tbh

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
C'mon dudes, most of the active disciplines in the original felt really trashy to use. Passive effects or poorly designed projectile stuff. What we've seen so far looks to be an upgrade on that tbh
I would rather have passive effects than Earthshock lol

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bullshit. The disciplines in Bloodlines were all vampire-themed and made me feel cool, dark, and better than human, with weird effects completely appropriate to the genre. Punching the ground as a combat technique to battle people with earthquakes is comic book silliness, on par with stretching powers or turning into a car.

254418-33438-radio-king.jpg

"I know! I'll encase him in a sphere of pure sound!"

Wesp5

Arcane
I would rather have passive effects than Earthshock lol

The way the enemies ragdolled around looked amazingly similar to Bloodlines. Either this is intentional or the U4 engine can't handle physics much better than the good old Source engine could :)!

Last edited:

Alexios

Augur
Patron
When a cult classic source engine game becomes a Call of Duty commodified piece of trash.

Tune in next week for more!

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/brujah

BRUJAH

The Pacific Northwest has a long history of attracting outcasts and drifters, those looking to keep some level of anonymity and independence. The Brujah have never been a large part of the Seattle Kindred community, but when they do show up to a party, they make their presence known immediately. Many of the Seattle Brujah are leftovers from failed Anarch movements in the past century, most choosing to remain unaffiliated or loosely affiliated with the city’s political factions – or at least, they like to claim that.

img-header-small-brujah2.png

img-half-half-character.jpg

Generally, Brujah gather at a “bash”, which can be loosely summed up as a sort of fight club for the undead. They use these events to assert their physical superiority to the rest of the clans and to celebrate the raw power of their bloodline. That’s not to say they don’t invite other clans to enter, but it’s rare that any but the Brujah dominate the bash. The champions of these fights are rumored to make good money hiring themselves out as muscle for anyone who can afford them. Supposedly, business is booming in Seattle these nights…

img-half-half-potence.jpg

POTENCE

The signature Discipline of the Brujah imbues their undead bodies with the pinnacle of raw Kindred strength. Nobody underestimates the strength of a Brujah twice.

• Fist of Caine (Blood Cost: 2), Potence’s first active power, allows the Brujah to deliver a devastating punch that turns walls into rubble and throws enemies through the air, tearing of limbs and causing collateral damage. The • • slot enhances these devastating effects even further.

• • • Earthshock (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, smashes the ground with titanic force. The impact causes a shockwave around the player, damaging and knocking down anyone who dared to stray too close. After further upgrades with the • • • • and • • • • • slots, the ground cracks under the Brujah’s onslaught, sending fissures outwards and damaging anyone caught in this cataclysm.

Use of Potence powers in front of unsuspecting mortals is a Masquerade Violation.

img-half-half-celerity.png

CELERITY

Some Kindred strike faster, dodge quicker, and escape more nimbly than any mortal creature could hope to. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond all limits.

• Unseen Storm (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to dash in a direction of their choice at such a speed as to momentarily disappear from view, allowing them to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has time to settle. Characters struck along the way of the dash get knocked down. The • • slot further enhances the Unseen Storm.

• • • Accelerate (Blood Cost: 5), the second active, opens up speeds so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a virtual standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can get up to the kinds of stunts that, with a popular 80’s synth track in the background, would make an awesome movie scene. The • • • • and • • • • • slots allow the vampire to further improve their acceleration.

Use of Potence powers in front of unsuspecting mortals is a Masquerade Violation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tao

Savant
What a fucking joke. The sad part is i already expect this shit.

Edit: heads up to the dev telling that his favorite char is a "flufy" social Brujah woman. You can roleplay as a fucking vampire and you chose that archetype. :roll:

Honk me up guys :negative:

Last edited:

Cross

Arcane
Bullshit. The disciplines in Bloodlines were all vampire-themed and made me feel cool, dark, and better than human, with weird effects completely appropriate to the genre.
Bloodlines' disciplines were cool in concept, but mostly wasted potential in practice. Dominate would have been more interesting if it allowed you to possess a human, using them to scout ahead or for some other tactical purpose. Celerity would have been more interesting if it increased your movement speed and jumping distance (of course, the levels would have needed to be redesigned around this increase in mobility). Basically, they should have taken inspiration from immersive sims.

Unfortunately, they now appear to be taking inspiration from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with silly abilities like the shockwave Icarus takedown and the contextual wall punch that all play out in 3rd person cutscenes.

Last edited:

RegionalHobo

Scholar
brujah huh. guess it s a safe one to use.

the ones i'm curious to know if they'll use thou are gangrel, malkavian and nosferatu which would need a '' custom '' game experience

now if the player could pick a sabbath clan...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom