Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
What's the point of making cool powers if you're going to limit players this way?

Maybe mods will fix it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am certainly not going to pick that fog power because I am sure I am going to be irritated by it all the time.

Prime Junta

When I first heard of this power I thought "uh-oh," because it really is very hard to design around. You'd have to design your game with the assumption that the player can turn into fog and get into anything that isn't hermetically sealed, like a thermos bottle or a spaceship or a submarine or something.

Turns out this didn't occur to those fucking retards and now they're just arbitrarily restricting it. God damnit. If they had at least held off announcing it they could've quietly cut it and gone like "hey look, bats! bats are cool!" instead.

I have no hope left for humanity anymore.

:dealwithit:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Turning into fog at will is totally doable in terms of gameplay. Blood Omen did it just fine, though arguably the tangentially related Plane Shift from Soul Reaver highlights how much you can do with a similar concept.

So if anything my guess is that it's purely a case of "but we can't have the player skipping fights!" sort of non-think. That sort of thinking gets us shit like Vampyr. Do as Blood Omen did, don't worry about the player being overpowered (really, overpowered player is nowhere near as bad as a botched attempt at being teh hard), fucking roll with it and let them go wild.

Prime Junta

Turning into fog at will is totally doable in terms of gameplay. Blood Omen did it just fine, though arguably the tangentially related Plane Shift from Soul Reaver highlights how much you can do with a similar concept.

I'm sure it's doable, you just have to be creative and competent to do it. :M

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

I'm sure it's doable, you just have to be creative and competent to do it. :M
Well not even creative or competent, the key thing is having a shift in perspective of how to design a game like this. Not thinking of a game as a linear challenge with a predetermined answer sequence, but instead a situation where the player has a given goal but few if any limits.

Wesp5

Arcane
obviously fog magic needs a vent because realistic magic fog can't will itself to a given direction

It was explained to like this: You can turn into fog, but you can't move in that form, only be blown by air movements already present, like in vents. The reason seem to be twofold: 1) it's easier to include this gameplay wise and 2) the "real moving fog" discipline is a high level Gangrel power and there is no way a thinblood could manage this! But how does suffocating people work then? Do the enemies need to move into you when you are a fog or do you just need to be very close? Also shouldn't you be able to fly through the gate as a bat swarm? Or is the bat swarm only moving the player and the player is not turning himself completely into bats? Anyway, in my opinion both powers are stupid, even compared to the other magical disciplines...

ArchAngel

Arcane
obviously fog magic needs a vent because realistic magic fog can't will itself to a given direction

It was explained to like this: You can turn into fog, but you can't move in that form, only be blown by air movements already present, like in vents. The reason seem to be twofold: 1) it's easier to include this gameplay wise and 2) the "real moving fog" discipline is a high level Gangrel power and there is no way a thinblood could manage this! But how does suffocating people work then? Do the enemies need to move into you when you are a fog or do you just need to be very close? Also shouldn't you be able to fly through the gate as a bat swarm? Or is the bat swarm only moving the player and the player is not turning himself completely into bats? Anyway, in my opinion both powers are stupid, even compared to the other magical disciplines...
People are stupid, they like to inhale all fogs around them as soon as it shows up :D

Prime Junta

Well not even creative or competent, the key thing is having a shift in perspective of how to design a game like this. Not thinking of a game as a linear challenge with a predetermined answer sequence, but instead a situation where the player has a given goal but few if any limits.

That counts as creative and competent in my book. :M

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, so basically it's like Lara's climbing arrows in the new Tomb Raiders. "When you see a green cork board, you can use your climbing arrow, and that's it."

Child of Malkav

Erudite
All this talk about fog. What about the mentalism/telekinesis power? What does that do? Anyone touched on that? All the videos are just bats or fog. Da fack?
Can I use tk to control the hands of enemies to shoot/stab/jerk themselves to death? Can I lift myself up and fly? Can I take control of a steering wheel and drive people over? Can I dislocate a brick from a wall to mentally bash someone? Would said wall crumble if I took even more bricks out of it? Can I direct a tk shockwave to destroy the pillars holding a building so that that building now collapses on top of my enemies?
Can I use tk to play with boobs? Can I take control over the blood of an NPC and stop it from circulating or his/her heart and stop it from pumping? Can I push a target into the water and hold him/her down until death?
Can I take control of the water of an NPC that is drinking from a bottle and force it to go to the lungs? Can I stop atoms of oxygen from being inhaled by an NPC causing death by asphyxiation? Can I take control of the metal pieces (disks, bars)/protheses that may be present in an NPC who suffered a surgery and tk extract those pieces and kill people with them? Can I separate atoms from one another at the same time causing disintegration? Can I break a window and use a shard to kill the others or take control of an NPC and force it to yell, creating a distraction (if playing stealthy)?
So many questions, sooooooo many uses of such an ability.........but nah, man, fog is where it's at.
Why game is not an immersive sim? :killit:

Delterius

Arcane

I gotta say I didn't expect to be right.

Wesp5

Arcane
All this talk about fog. What about the mentalism/telekinesis power? What does that do? Anyone touched on that?

I don't know anything more about that, but I would bet you will need to see what you want to move which basically makes most of your suggestions impossible right there and then.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

I gotta say I didn't expect to be right.

Thou fool!

typical user

Arbiter
Thinbloods are supposed to be weak and here in Bloodlines 2 they get powers which required centuries of training for 6th gen vampires.

Delterius

Arcane
More fash arriving as Amazon is revealed as the next faction: https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/the-camarilla
As always, Ventrue keep winning I see.

Although, shouldn't Camarilla be staying in the shadows and banning all tech, considering this is the retarded 5th edition canon?
Yes, but they are also doubling down on the west and expanding over all of north america since the Sabbat more or less disappeared and the more anarchic states are seen as more of a threat than ever before -- the younglings keep using tech, so they can't be left to their own devices. Plus, there's some suspicion/fears/indications that elements of the camarilla called the Second Inquisition into being for the same purposes that elders did in medieval times, to use mortal agencies against their enemies. That or they are exploiting it from the shadows.

Herumor

Scholar
So we got the Pioneers and Camarilla. All that's left is the Anarchs, Sabbat and... what else is there? That's presuming they don't cut out Sabbat from the picture altogether, which wouldn't surprise me with their focus on humanity as a moral system.

The Real Fanboy
Thinbloods are supposed to be weak and here in Bloodlines 2 they get powers which required centuries of training for 6th gen vampires.

Maybe its a sign of the end times or a cute trick of the blood played by Caine on his older children that have grown old and decrepit
QSGbFWI.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom