Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Wesp5

Arcane
Thinbloods are supposed to be weak and here in Bloodlines 2 they get powers which required centuries of training for 6th gen vampires.

Exactly, which is one reason why nebulation is not as good as the real Gangrel discipline. I wonder what the limitation of the bat swarm is...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More fash arriving as Amazon is revealed as the next faction: https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/the-camarilla

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/faction-the-camarilla.1240368/

Hello everyone!

Up next, our second of five revealed Factions of Seattle, the Camarilla. They might be the old guard in other cities but here in Seattle their position is new and they are very much aware.

The Camarilla

“Contrary to what you might think, I enjoy having enemies. It makes me... careful - keeps me creative. There's not much of a future for complacent rulers.” - Alec Cross

POWER PLAYERS

Seattle has become one of the most lucrative tech- and business cities in the world. In the shadows of that boom, a new kind of Kindred has emerged in the city: Sleek, business-minded; ready to influence the city from the top-floor board rooms. Led by Prince Cross and ingrained in the corporate landscape of Seattle, the Camarilla has managed to turn its connections to tech billionaires and investment bankers into dominion over the Emerald City.

THE LONG GAME

After 20 years at the top, every member of Cross’ faction is still very aware of being the city’s biggest target. While Cross knows that not every vampire in the city accepts the Camarilla, he has given them just enough power to not having to worry about them organizing and moving against him. Stability, prosperity, and the Masquerade have been the key components of his policy.

THE IVORY TOWER

Very few cities boast a vampire elite as wealthy as Seattle. In these refined circles, your true worth shows in how you much control your money has bought you. Here at the top, a comfortable existence - not having to worry about access to blood and having to hunt - is all but guaranteed. Among the Camarilla kindred loyal to Cross you’ll find CEOs, software moguls, bankers, venture capitalists, politicians and other members of the business elite.

faction-posters-c-8fjdpg91-4e100f.jpg

Dude from the announcement trailer confirmed to be Prince Cross.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW more RTX shilling:

At Gamescom 2019 we got the chance to see Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 running with real-time ray tracing. Product Manager, Florian Schwarzer, sat down with us to explain how RTX brings the Vampire-filled Seattle to life.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I just realized they've revealed the identities of all the major characters who appeared in the announcement trailer.

The Nosferatu-ish thinblood you're chasing after is Slugg from the E3 gameplay video.

The curly-haired shut-in who offers you a blood pack is Dale Talley, the vampire who takes you in after you're turned.

The buxom Toreador lady is Lou Grand, leader of the Pioneers faction (she's the one talking in the RTX trailer). Her design has changed, but you can tell it's her by the earrings and necklace.

And Prince Cross is the distinguished Ventrue in the corporate penthouse.

So the next faction they show might introduce a character we haven't seen yet.

(Actually, there is one more character from the announcement trailer they haven't talked about yet - the lady narrating it whose face we never see, the one with the cigarette holder. I guess she might be the villain?)

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur
I just realized they've revealed the identities of all the major characters who appeared in the announcement trailer.

The Nosferatu-ish thinblood you're chasing after is Slugg from the E3 gameplay video.

The curly-haired shut-in who offers you a blood pack is Dale Talley, the vampire who takes you in after you're turned.

The buxom Toreador lady is Lou Grand, leader of the Pioneers faction (she's the one talking in the RTX trailer). Her design has changed, but you can tell it's her by the earrings and necklace.

And Prince Cross is the distinguished Ventrue in the corporate penthouse.

So the next faction they show might introduce a character we haven't seen yet.

(Actually, there is one more character from the announcement trailer they haven't talked about yet - the lady narrating it whose face we never see, the one with the cigarette holder. I guess she might be the villain?)
Toreador lead Pioneer? Aren't Ventrue the noble and political ones? That means Seattle Is even more Hollywood than Los Angeles.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Looking over the website, it seems that by cutting Nossies out and limiting the standard disciplines to two to each faction, they don't have to implement Obfuscate or Animalism. Also now it makes sense since I had no idea where the bats were coming from without Nossies for animalism. The choices are pretty good except you'd think Auspex is a more basic discipline for Tories than Celerity. The descriptions for nu-Dominate and nu-Presence seem pretty well thought out.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Thinbloods are supposed to be weak and here in Bloodlines 2 they get powers which required centuries of training for 6th gen vampires.
At least in the Canon, part of what makes the Final Nights so frightening is that the true thin bloods (not just Caitiff) start to exhibit wildly weird powers like Prophecy etc...

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New member of the writing team. They’re bringing in one of the young women who’s been working on the Fallout: Cascadia total conversion mod as an intern.

upload_2019-9-6_7-14-13.jpeg

Don’t know what to read into this, but she plays lots of Vampire, usually as a nosferatu IIRC. She may be in some of those huge Cascadia development videos.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
New member of the writing team. They’re bringing in one of the young women who’s been working on the Fallout: Cascadia total conversion mod as an intern.

View attachment 11282

Don’t know what to read into this, but she plays lots of Vampire, usually as a nosferatu IIRC. She may be in some of those huge Cascadia development videos.

Here's another one: https://twitter.com/nightingalebard

Like I said:

Good news or worse news depending on your perspective: according to CAvellone, he, CEllison, and bmitsoda are the only writers on this.

This seems hard to believe. There are always various "Additional Writer" credits on games of this size.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The closest Bloodlines gets to one is the Sabbat and Andrei, but come on, they're just a sideshow so you have something to hit.
Huh? LaCroix and Ming Xiao are the villains in Bloodlines.

Not really. In fact when I replayed last year, it turns out I had remembered Lacroix's position as more cartoonish than it actually is.

Obviously both LaCroix and Ming Xiao are antagonists to the players, but villains? Not really. And where LaCroix is pretty all-out selfish we don't even really know Xiao's motives that well.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
BTW more RTX shilling:

At Gamescom 2019 we got the chance to see Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 running with real-time ray tracing. Product Manager, Florian Schwarzer, sat down with us to explain how RTX brings the Vampire-filled Seattle to life.

Well... at least luks gud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom