Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Danikas

Arcane
A new player on the Kindred scene, Rudi commands an impressive following as an Anarch representative for the oppressed and repressed minorities in vampire society. Though his concerns extend to kine as well, his recent entry into Kindred existence has shown him that the fights mortals must undertake for equality are just as pressing for immortals. Rudi’s nightly life hasn’t changed much since the Embrace. He still makes his haven in Copenhagen, still hangs with the same friends, and still attends the same clubs. He has only expanded his concerns; in addition to advocating for fellow mortal minorities, he now champions Gangrel kept out of havens and feeding grounds by sprawl, stands up for female Kindred in cities run by traditionally misogynistic elders, and encourages the adoption of progressive norms over tradition wherever possible. Some might think Rudi’s combination of practicing Islam and unabashed queerness contradictory, but few challenge the “Bear Gangrel” with this notion. Fast becoming the animale du jour, Rudi wins fellow discontented Kindred over with his targeted approach against elitists and Camarilla hardliners. Some European Princes fear he will lead a crusade in years to come, in an attempt to level the establishment.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Rudi

Wesp5

Arcane
About Rudi, did it ever occur to anybody that this might be sarcasm to show how a character should not be? Like not a SJW Mary Sue like e.g. Rey in the SW sequels. Or does he actually appear somewhere else in the PnP books?

Prime Junta

About Rudi, did it ever occur to anybody that this might be sarcasm to show how a character should not be? Like not a SJW Mary Sue like e.g. Rey in the SW sequels. Or does he actually appear somewhere else in the PnP books?

I gotta say Rudi ticks all the boxes so thoroughly it's hard not to think there might be just a smidge of satire there.

Damsel, bless her blood-red heart, is a satirical take on a young Commie too.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

This discussion was had earlier in the thread; Rudi is based on a real person, though he's in the closet to his family so it's more of a wishful-thinking power fantasy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This discussion was had earlier in the thread; Rudi is based on a real person, though he's in the closet to his family so it's more of a wishful-thinking power fantasy.
That is so pitiful LoL It is like that stupid movie by tarantino where there was some jew super squad and ended up killing hitler. Liberal losers are soooo fucking cringe.

Prime Junta

Being based on a real person doesn't rule it out being satirical. (Obviously they'd also want to maintain plausible deniability about the satire, too.)

the-great-dictator_1280x720.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane

That is so pitiful LoL It is like that stupid movie by tarantino where there was some jew super squad and ended up killing hitler. Liberal losers are soooo fucking cringe.
Inglourious Basterds? Funny movie.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Inglourious Basterds? Funny movie.
Don't remember,it was too cringy for me,decided to go wash the dishes while the other people watch it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey You shaved?

Where are your tags and MCA signature? I almost didn't recognize you lul.
It was determined that all those tags were overkill (especially now that I'm post-Sawyerist), so I kept the best one.

I took off the trollish Chris quotes because that kind of antagonism isn't really part of my posting style anymore.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Roguey
I understand. Striving to be a law-abiding citizen is a demanding task. Some part of yourself has to be sacrificed for the greater good. :salute:

But it is clear that "Bride of the Obsidian Order" was the best tag.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
so is bloodlines 2 oh-wawd or nu-wawd of darkness
Now, sit down and try to sort this out with me. I've only recently managed to wrap my head around this, myself. I'm sure you know some of this, so I'm sorry if I sound patronizing, but there's likely people that know nothing at all.

• First there was World of Darkness. This is used in the VtM:B, which is based on Vampire: The Masquerade, Revised Edition (IIRC).
  • Then, White Wolf made a new World of Darkness, which they simply called World of Darkness, and it was very different from the established setting. This was usually referenced as "nWoD".
  • At this point, what used to be called World of Darkness started to be referenced as "old World of Darkness", or "oWoD", and later "Classic World of Darkness". Vampire: The Masquerade is canned, and Vampire: The Requiem is born. There's a number of sister games that suffer the same fate/are rebranded.
  • nWoD never achieved the popularity of oWoD, for a number of reasons that are irrelevant.
  • Cue White Wolf being acquired by Paradox. At this point in our story, or a little bit later, they want to create what they call "One World of Darkness". After a while, they rebrand nWoD into "Chronicles of Darkness", also referenced as "CofD". The "One World of Darkness" that they create instead is considered a continuation of oWoD, which is rebranded as simply "World of Darkness" again.
  • They proceed to publish what is called V5, which is the fifth "Edition" of Vampire: The Masquerade. This is the fucking abortion Bloodlines 2 will be based on. It is technically oWod/WoD, but it is also worse in almost every way, with a massive dose of SJWism, gatekeeping, and complete faggotry just to add to the controversy.
This entire franchise is a fucking mess, and it doesn't help that some of the better/older versions are massively outdated by now. For example, Mage: The Ascension, the only (Old)/World of Darkness version of Mage AFAIK, was published in fucking 1993 and corresponds with Vampire: The Masquerade 2nd Ed. (V2), which was in itself published in fucking 1992. While there's a newer version (Mage: The Awakening, from 2005), it belongs to nWoD/CofD, just like the newer versions of Werewolf and such.

And just to add to the confusion, they couldn't even stick to a proper version format, so the versions of Vampire: The Masquerade goes like this: 1st Edition (V1, 1991) 2nd Edition (V2, 1992), Revised Edition (V3, 1998). Then we have Vampire: The Requiem (2004) in a completely different universe (nWoD). Then we get a new version of Vampire: The Masquerade, also considered a bit of an abortion, called The 20th Anniversary Edition (2011), referenced as V20. And now where here, with Paradox's Vampire: The Masquerade (2018), which is referenced as.. V5.

I suggest calling it gWoD, for the gay World of Darkness.

I wondering about this myself.
That clears it up. Thanks!

What a clusterfuck.
However, how come Bloodlines 2 is set in the "old World of Darkness" if in 2004 that setting supposedly ended for being the theme year of "Time of Judgement"?
Doesn't that pretty much invalidates the whole point of setting your game in the supposed "Final Nigths", if the big world ending event has already come to pass.

Besides having a fantasy game - where the fanstasy elements are unknown to the general population - set in a time where everybody possess a pocket computer with a built-in camera and Internet acess, is pretty damn stupid.
We could suspend our disbelief in the first game, because it was set in the 90's/early 2000's and the Apocalypse was about to happen in a couple of years.
But here what... do the Vampire/Mage/Werewolf/Hunter societies have that gizmo from Men in Black that erases peoples memory?

Delterius

Arcane
However, how come Bloodlines 2 is set in the "old World of Darkness" if in 2004 that setting supposedly ended for being the theme year of "Time of Judgement"?
Doesn't that pretty much invalidates the whole point of setting your game in the supposed "Final Nigths", if the big world ending event has already come to pass.
the world is ending rn, gehenna is happening in the middle east and all the eldest vampires are called there to be fed upon by the antidelluvians while the sabbat went there to die trying to kill the old farts

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey
I understand. Striving to be a law-abiding citizen is a demanding task. Some part of yourself has to be sacrificed for the greater good. :salute:

But it is clear that "Bride of the Obsidian Order" was the best tag.

With no disrespect to Stainless Vet, who I vaguely recall being the one who made it, I found it obnoxiously obscene, being the prude I am.

Wesp5

Arcane

According to the new PnP version "Gehenna" is some kind of cyclic event and not as final as though.

Besides having a fantasy game - where the fanstasy elements are unknown to the general population - set in a time where everybody possess a pocket computer with a built-in camera and Internet acess, is pretty damn stupid.

I hope the game deals with this in the correct way. On the other hand, people believe anything they want to believe and computers can fake anything already. So why should these vampire YouTube videos be even real :)?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

According to the new PnP version "Gehenna" is some kind of cyclic event and not as final as though.

That just dumb.
So an event where all hell breaks loose and vampires and other supernatural creatures/forces just go on a rampage is a recurring thing and no one fucking remembers it!?

I hope the game deals with this in the correct way. On the other hand, people believe anything they want to believe and computers can fake anything already. So why should these vampire YouTube videos be even real :)?

Most people migth be stupid or ignorant, but c'mon not that stupid.
It would reach a point where those videos and sigthings would be so common, along side the reports and injuries from such attacks, that suspicion in the general populace would be inevetable.
Even if the majority of people didn't believe in them, the minority would. Which is already a significant part of the population (and you bet there would be a couple nuts that would manage to uncover the vampire secret society).

The only somewhat believable way they can prevent this, is if for example they stopped assaulting people for blood, and started buying blood packs.
Or only drink humans in vampire spots (like a club), after those people are somewhat haggard from the booze or psych influence.
Otherwise they really must have those forgetting macguffins from Men in Black.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
So an event where all hell breaks loose and vampires and other supernatural creatures/forces just go on a rampage is a recurring thing and no one fucking remembers it!?

I haven't read the V5 source books yet, I only know for a fact that Gehenna as such didn't happen. Now some older vampires fight in the desert, but I don't know why...

Even if the majority of people didn't believe in them, the minority would. Which is already a significant part of the population (and you bet there would be a couple nuts that would manage to uncover the vampire secret society).

As far as I know in V5 exactly this has happened: several secret agencies have connected with the church and as a first attack have destroyed the Tremere chantry in Vienna. After that all the vampires are much more nervous!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom