Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
In fact, I hope it's an OWoD game, because now would a great time for a 80's/90's nostalgia vampire RPG.
It will certainly be V5.
The recent popular VtM V5 campaign run by Jason Carl of White Wolf had Isaac Abrams and Therese Voorman as characters, so they might not be averse to using the oWoD lore and nWoD mechanics.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The recent popular VtM V5 campaign run by Jason Carl of White Wolf had Isaac Abrams and Therese Voorman as characters, so they might not be averse to using the oWoD lore and nWoD mechanics.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't think they can use any of those characters in a video game without paying based Bobby (and why would they when they can use/make their own). Beckett's fine though (Smiling Jack died in a novel).

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't think they can use any of those characters in a video game without paying based Bobby (and why would they when they can use/make their own). Beckett's fine though (Smiling Jack died in a novel).
IIRC a lot of Bloodlines characters such as Nines Rodriguez (also mention in that roleplaying session) were included in Beckett's Diary book and so became White Wolf canon; dunno if they still have to pay for the rights of such characters, but you'd think they'd want to maximise on fan-service.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A bunch of people who lived in LA should definitely not be popping up in Seattle since it makes the world feel smaller. :M

Paul_cz

Arcane
Fuck, I am getting a little bit excited. I do not want to, because obviously everything is going to disappoint, but fuck. It's Vampire. Please get Rik Schaffer for the music duties.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Fuck, I am getting a little bit excited. I do not want to, because obviously everything is going to disappoint, but fuck. It's Vampire.
love.png

Rik Schaffer himself doesn't think he has it in him anymore. To paraphrase some interview he did, he thinks the music he made was very much a product of where he was at that time in his life, and couldn't be repeated. He's probably right, too - as much as I like the Bloodlines soundtrack, bringing back people from decades ago to work on a new thing as if nothing has changed isn't always the best idea

In fact, I hope it's an OWoD game, because now would a great time for a 80's/90's nostalgia vampire RPG.
It will certainly be V5.

I'm watching that now, it's pretty good. I don't have any first-hand experience, but I would guess that, as far as the GM and players, this is pretty much as good as a VtM session gets, right?

Wesp5

Arcane
Rik Schaffer himself doesn't think he has it in him anymore. To paraphrase some interview he did, he thinks the music he made was very much a product of where he was at that time in his life, and couldn't be repeated.

Yeah, I remember him saying that it was a bad time and the music reflects this. Still for a new game set in the V5 universe another kind of music would fit better anyway? Also Smiling Jack should still be alive because he only died in the stupid Gehenna novel and as we all know, Gehenna didn't happen :)!

Space Nugget

That's 8pm DST (Daylight Saving Time, instead of PST, beginning on March 10)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
It will certainly be V5.

I'm watching that now, it's pretty good. I don't have any first-hand experience, but I would guess that, as far as the GM and players, this is pretty much as good as a VtM session gets, right?

Yeah, that's what I gather from the comments. All the other groups on YT have people talking over each other etc.

The GM, Jasper and dad-joke Victor are all top-notch.

Rik Schaffer himself doesn't think he has it in him anymore. To paraphrase some interview he did, he thinks the music he made was very much a product of where he was at that time in his life, and couldn't be repeated.

Yeah, I remember him saying that it was a bad time and the music reflects this. Still for a new game set in the V5 universe another kind of music would fit better anyway? Also Smiling Jack should still be alive because he only died in the stupid Gehenna novel and as we all know, Gehenna didn't happen :)!
I agree, I think I'd rather see a fresh take on the music, rather than someone, even if it was Schaffer himself, trying to emulate the Bloodlines work.
Jack I only want to see if it's John DiMaggio. And in general, as someone said earlier in the thread, seeing familiar LA characters in another city would only make the world feel smaller. This is a mistake a lot of sequels tend to make. Not that I don't expect this game to make plenty of mistakes of a wide variety

Space Nugget

I seriously hope this is not a closed-doors affair like DOOM 2016 at Quakecon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wesp5

Arcane
Jack I only want to see if it's John DiMaggio. And in general, as someone said earlier in the thread, seeing familiar LA characters in another city would only make the world feel smaller.

Agreed about John DiMaggio. And that not too many Bloodlins characters should appear, but if so, I think Jack would be one of the most reasonable persons as he is always moving about...

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
85% chance that they completely fuck it up by adding tranny nosferatu or some SJW identity politics bullshit that nobody wants.
Try 99%. I wanted to describe what one of the sex cutscenes with post-op mtf tranny ghoul will look like but as I imagined it was so disgusting that even I don't want to think about it.

JBro

Arbiter
I just want the original game ported to a stable engine like OpenMorrowind and DaggerfallUnity are. Someone needs to steal and continue the work that some guy was doing years ago before getting c and d'd by CCP.

Wesp5

Arcane
I just want the original game ported to a stable engine like OpenMorrowind and DaggerfallUnity are.

I don't think any of these could duplicate the facial animations of Bloodlines and out goes a pretty big part of what made the game so much fun...

Okagron

Prophet
Bloodlines facial animations still look great to this day and actually put some recent games to shame when it comes to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom