Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Probably just in-universe bait, the concept of the app itself is very clearly a way for kindred to find and select cattle.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
In the year 2020, due to the high concentration of soylent enriched blood in the populations across America.. vampires have grown more progressive and woke.

Except those filthy nosferatu NEET's who live in their parents sewer and shitpost on the internet all night.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really don't know how much more progressive and woke they can become. I can't think of one thing from mainstream SJWism that is missing in WoD. Gays, lesbians and those filthy bisexuals - check, trannies - check, polyamory - check, stronk womyn - check, racial minorities - check, danger hair - check. Soooooo???

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Well. They surely did a lot of work on the tender website. Also the video. Can't help but be a bit excited.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I really don't know how much more progressive and woke they can become. I can't think of one thing from mainstream SJWism that is missing in WoD. Gays, lesbians and those filthy bisexuals - check, trannies - check, polyamory - check, stronk womyn - check, racial minorities - check, danger hair - check. Soooooo???

True. Though, it all depends on the execution. The tranny of the Siege of Dragonspear comes to mind.

Will it subtle? Realistic? Or they just going to place random "political agenda" chars ruining the immersion?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Oh, trust me, I don't want realistic gays in my RPGs, you have no idea how boring those are irl. Subtle? Yes, please.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, whatever. Point is, every char whatever the fuck he is, needs to fit the WoD. Not the other way around.

This shit is unacceptable. period.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Assassin's Creed Battle Royale Card Game ™

Brought to you by Paradox Entertainment, Ubisoft, Activision, and the ghosts of developers past, such as the newly available Paul Neurath/Warren Spector duo, fresh off the wild success of their previous game.

The core game will feature the cinematic story of our hero Chadrick the Vampire, represented by a purchasable DLC card. Note: players not buying the main hero card will still be able to log into the game via the always online DRM system, but will have to limit their gameplay to the main menu screen. Note 2: players who do purchase the main hero card will still have to purchase separate gameplay segments to proceed further into the epic story of one vampire's escape from an ancient assassin cult. The gameplay segments will be released in sizeable increments of one hour of gameplay per DLC. Base segment will contain one set of choices determined by the purchasing party's country of origin (e.g. Russian clients will only have Chaotic Evil type choices available), any additional C&C will have to be purchased separately. As of this time, there will be four separate endings, each also purchased separately. Note: purchasing party that chooses not to purchase any endings will have their game end with their favorite companions (tracked by time spent with) being brutally butchered with chainsaws, hammers, and various kitchen implements.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fluent, when I say something is a rumor then I mean it. Don't trumpet that around as if it's confirmed.

This could be a Vampire grand strategy game for all we know

a vampire grand strategy game would be better than whatever RPG paradox shits out..

has paradox ever made an RPG? is the rumor they are developing this or just publishing?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tone is everything. Though it was obviously written by liberals, there was a lot of stuff in Bloodlines that would not fly in the Current Year.

Yosharian

Arcane
Things VtMB was about:
-edgy teenage rebellion
-sexuality
-heavy metal
-blood magic
-librarian werewolves
-destruction of the fabric of society

Things the new VtM game will be about:
-destruction of the Patriarchy
-being genderqueer
-intersectionality
-feminist werewolves
-Donald Trump

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Anybody with relevant writing and design background get hired at Hardsuit Labs recently?

From resume of a junior narrative designer: https://www.pasteldragon.com/

Jr Narrative Designer – Hardsuit Labs (promoted from Intern)
July 2017 – Present
Unannounced Title
  • Wrote in-game text including objective and journal text for every quest, most tutorial text, quest items
  • Designed 3+ personally owned questlines and wrote dialogue for all the required voiced-over characters for the quests.
  • Drafted 5+ questlines with no voice over and limited unique assets to create a quality bar for all future text-only quests.
  • Fleshed out all the text-only quests (so far) into narrative gameplay nodes to give quests differences in kind.
  • Flavored text for 200+ player abilities to build harmony between worldbuilding exposition and clarity of instruction.
  • Integrated established IP lore into gameplay and championed narrative decisions to perpetuate a cohesive game world.

Heh, the resume is deleted.

Vincente

Arbiter
Things VtMB was about:
-edgy teenage rebellion
-sexuality
-heavy metal
-blood magic
-librarian werewolves

-being genderqueer
-intersectionality
-feminist werewolves
-Donald Trump

Gangrels are not werewolves and WtA actually has a feminist werewolf clan called Black Furies.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Tone is everything. Though it was obviously written by liberals, there was a lot of stuff in Bloodlines that would not fly in the Current Year.

I don't know whether everything I cited is necessarily politically liberal. Bloodlines was what it was because of having "diverse" developers, namely Tim Cain, not because they were liberal. Equating the general acceptance, or merely existence, of minorities with the modern left or liberalism is harmful and deceptive. Case in point, everyone now thinks inclusion of them is not only a political agenda, but also a left-leaning one. For people who aren't any kind of minority, it might seem like that, but, to use the previous example, Tim Cain is always gay, not only when someone mentions politics, and it's just the way he is, including non-standard people is simply the result of his life and experience, not an agenda.

Yosharian

Arcane
Things VtMB was about:
-edgy teenage rebellion
-sexuality
-heavy metal
-blood magic
-librarian werewolves

-being genderqueer
-intersectionality
-feminist werewolves
-Donald Trump

Gangrels are not werewolves and WtA actually has a feminist werewolf clan called Black Furies.
Fascinating.

Furies mistrust written records

This makes a lot of their history more myth than truth.

You don't say...

user

Savant

I don't know whether everything I cited is necessarily politically liberal. Bloodlines was what it was because of having "diverse" developers, namely Tim Cain, not because they were liberal. Equating the general acceptance, or merely existence, of minorities with the modern left or liberalism is harmful and deceptive. Case in point, everyone now thinks inclusion of them is not only a political agenda, but also a left-leaning one. For people who aren't any kind of minority, it might seem like that, but, to use the previous example, Tim Cain is always gay, not only when someone mentions politics, and it's just the way he is, including non-standard people is simply the result of his life and experience, not an agenda.

True, it has become a habit to associate them. In truth left and right are just some old and obsolete trends with a rigid set of beliefs...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom