Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Did Angela 3.0 spill the beans yet?

Aside from the steps to progress the ARG, you can ask BetrayedMind1:
• Who is Angela?
• Are you in danger?
• What's going on in San Francisco?
• Who is doomed?

16jkws.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The Force Awakens was a remake of Star Wars y'know. :M

They can't lift the McGuffin though, since the antediluvians are awake and killing high level vampires in the middle east.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It is the gayest thread on the codex. I anticipate the moment when the hype train leaves the track causing you, pathetic shills, an enormous amount of butthurt.
why be a cunt if you can be friendly and non cuntish

Careful now. It sounds like you're trying to proposition a Bulgarian, right fantadomat ? :D
Careful now. It sounds like you are greasing your palms for a threesome. :lol:
I went to ask my wife for permission, but she said something about DA2 and 'that bastard Anders betraying her again' so I'm guessing that meant no. :lol:

Back on topic, I... actually, I guess this was more or less on topic for this thread already.

Doma

Augur
plot twist: paradox decides to go full bore with paradox plaza and makes it and all further paradox titles exclusive
Does it really matter that much what launcher you use? I mean, I dont see the big difference between starting a game from Steam or starting it from Battle.net.

Its still on my computer and can be played.

Been playing Paradox games since HOI2 and would not give 2 shits if they went to another launcher. As long as I could still play it.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So what is the over/under on this?

70 percent chance to be shit? Any modifiers I should know about? Who the fuck is making it and why should we trust them with one of the best franchises in RPG's? I know of the names involved but the actual grunt work seems to be a bunch of nobodies that will launch a buggy piece of shit and kill the series, or release a PC (SJW) version of something that will come out touting the inclusiveness of tranny robot vampire folk.

Also when in the flying flippity fuck are they (whoever it is) going to license out Deadlands?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The Force Awakens was a remake of Star Wars y'know. :M

They can't lift the McGuffin though, since the antediluvians are awake and killing high level vampires in the middle east.

Is it just me or does the new Meta-plot sound hella stupid?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It is kinda stupid, but also inevitable. Vampires couldn't hope to remain unseen in the modern world, someone, somewhere would've slipped up and ruined the entire Masquerade. What this means in terms of plot and gameplay, however, remains to be seen. I hope they don't lean too much into the whole "vampires running from the FBI" thing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is kinda stupid, but also inevitable. Vampires couldn't hope to remain unseen in the modern world, someone, somewhere would've slipped up and ruined the entire Masquerade. What this means in terms of plot and gameplay, however, remains to be seen. I hope they don't lean too much into the whole "vampires running from the FBI" thing.
Why,i believe they are not caught on cameras and anyone talking about it will sound like creepy pasta. There is more than enough strange videos out there,yet nobody is going full crusader on it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pretty sure only vampires with Obfuscation and Technomancy aren't caught on cameras, only in VtRequiem all of them aren't. Perhaps a lot of vampires slipped up, the Camarilla isn't omnipotent, and when the FBI start seeing patterns, they'll get suspicious regardless of whether it appears supernatural.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pretty sure only vampires with Obfuscation and Technomancy aren't caught on cameras, only in VtRequiem all of them aren't. Perhaps a lot of vampires slipped up, the Camarilla isn't omnipotent, and when the FBI start seeing patterns, they'll get suspicious regardless of whether it appears supernatural.
FBI can do shit vs creatures that can mind control you even if paying off your boss didn't work to stop your investigation.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Requiem is older and thus more canon,also the cameras don't see vampires in bloodlines. There was even a quest about that shit,the abandoned hospital one. Also you are not seen on the cameras in the museum or in the hospital,tho you do get them because it will look strange if things just opened on themself.

Why the fuck are you talking FBI?! It is just a interprovincial police in the USA,it have nothing to do with hunting monsters. Also what patterns!? There is hundreds of uncaught serial killers there,but you expect them see a few videos on youtube about creepy pasta and decide to go fairy hunting?! Maybe you should stop watching stupid american tv shows for a while.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Requiem is a different setting entirely. The Masquerade is there because vampires can't do shit against all of the humans with their tanks and flamethrowers, that's the whole point of the Masquerade. There was a quest in Bloodlines to retrieve a photo with a vampire on it because it will be a violation of the Masquerade. So, no, even Bloodlines got this right. The metaplot for 5E is that the federal agencies of some countries (including the USA) have realized the existence of vampires and are in contact with the Society of Leopold (i.e. the original vampire hunters). Maybe read up on these things.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Requiem is a different setting entirely. The Masquerade is there because vampires can't do shit against all of the humans with their tanks and flamethrowers, that's the whole point of the Masquerade. There was a quest in Bloodlines to retrieve a photo with a vampire on it because it will be a violation of the Masquerade. So, no, even Bloodlines got this right. The metaplot for 5E is that the federal agencies of some countries (including the USA) have realized the existence of vampires and are in contact with the Society of Leopold (i.e. the original vampire hunters). Maybe read up on these things.
They could but it would lead to war and chaos and declining supply of blood. They could do like what all end time movies and stories do, start mass producing Vampires to fight humans. Do this in all major cities at same time. Before humans realize what is really happening it would be too late. But the war after that would be too costly for both sides.
Also Vampires are not only supernatural creatures. Going to war vs Humans also means going to war vs Mages, Werewolves and many others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom