Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanilla ToEE bugs

deuxhero

Arcane
wksrqq.png

Bracers of archery don't stop non-profiency penalties.
Known Vanilla Bug

edit:
woyaxb.jpg

A perfect square (minus the party's vision when the area loads) of new fog of war spawns when I teleport to the water temple node via the gem. Seems fairly consistent.
Fixed for 1.0.41

Darley, the fiendish sorcerer, has too few spells known for a level 10 Sorcerer.
Per the P&P module she isn't really a Sorcerer, just a demon with spell-like powers, but I guess that's not really reflected in her character as it is so it could be considered a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etharil

Novice
It's possible to take an already taken feat by rightclicking it in feat selection menu. No idea if feat benefits stack, 100% sure that's not intended.

Endarire

Scholar
Invisibility (the level 2, normal kinds) broke for me when picking up an item or interacting with an object. This is NOT core! See invisibility for details! (In short, the spell should hold unless the subject attacks or casts a spell that would start combat.)

I used Co8 v8.1 New Content. Unsure if Co8 introduced this, but it seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
If you have at least 1 BAB, drawing a weapon should be a free action if you've already moved. 5' steps don't count. Thread.

Endarire

Scholar
You cannot use items while polymorphed!
I got this error message when trying to buy an item from the starter weapon chest while in Huge Air Elemental Wild Shape form. (I was testing stuff.) Even trying to drag it into my inventory showed me this error and the item remained unbought. (I didn't lose any money since the item was unbought.)

Endarire

Scholar
Deities Being Overly Picky About Class?
As a LN or LE Rogue, I can't start off worshipping Heironeous nor Hextor. As a LN or LE Fighter, Cleric, or Monk, I can. However, I can still worship other deities as my LN or LE anything.

Endarire

Scholar
Remember, deity selection is at char creation. I just used the console to edit the char's deity.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Deities Being Overly Picky About Class?
As a LN or LE Rogue, I can't start off worshipping Heironeous nor Hextor. As a LN or LE Fighter, Cleric, or Monk, I can. However, I can still worship other deities as my LN or LE anything.
Is this against the ruels?

From what I see Hieronous requires LG followers, unless they have his favorite class or are clerics with an unopposed alignment.

Endarire

Scholar
The rules are ambiguous about non-Clerics being limited by class when worshipping a deity. If a deity demands worshippers of a specific race, Clerics must be of that race and ToEE is reasonable in restricting racial deities by character race. (Player's Handbook 32)

LINK to GREATER MAGE ARMOR SPELL that you may need to properly diagnose/fix the Boots of Speed problem.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Hommlet: If I start combat with the sheep but don't kill all of them immediately (before they get a turn), the game hangs on a sheep's turn.

Endarire

Scholar
Ring of Invisibility
-Furnok's Ring does NOT show an invisibility effect tab on the person who uses it. (For example, haste and enlarge person would each show a green Transmutation tab.) If this is a dev's idea of a joke, it was clever. (The invisible tab from the Ring of Invisibility.) I haven't confirmed if other RoIs work this way. Graphically, the semitransparency from the Ring's invisibility effect disappears on map transition, but the subject is still invisible.

Invisibility
-The invisibility and greater invisibility spells DO have effect tabs on their subjects and their semitransparency DOES persist through map transition.

-Invisibility (from ring or item) ending when picking up an item or interacting with an object IS a bug and not RAW.

Endarire

Scholar
Falrinth's Second Chest: The detect magic scroll there isn't copyable into my Wizard repertoire. Perhaps all detect magic scrolls from any source aren't copyable.

Kosiciel

Novice
Ring of Invisibility
-Furnok's Ring does NOT show an invisibility effect tab on the person who uses it. (For example, haste and enlarge person would each show a green Transmutation tab.) If this is a dev's idea of a joke, it was clever. (The invisible tab from the Ring of Invisibility.) I haven't confirmed if other RoIs work this way. Graphically, the semitransparency from the Ring's invisibility effect disappears on map transition, but the subject is still invisible.

There is one entry for Ring of Invisibility (6088), and you're right - info doesn't show anywhere, except tooltip when cursor is placed over a character. It is also quite frustrating, that effect ends when it would be most useful (stealing from chest, picking a lock, disabling a trap etc.). Not sure how to fix it.

Endarire

Scholar
Skeletons are immune to entangle due to a monster immunity. Likely, this is because the game thinks they're Plant-type creatures instead of (or in addition to) Undead. Pweath fix!
Already fixed for v1.0.30

The Skeleton Priest from Emridy Meadows's Rainbow Rock Fight said it had a monster immunity to sound burst which it cast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
Forced Violence After Parlay
-Temple Level 1: Weaken the TURNKEY creature and get him to parlay. If you choose to let him live, combat starts/resumes and you aggro the northern Romag area. (You may also aggro the entire floor!)

-Temple Level 3: Scorpp. Beat him into parlay and accept his surrender, but don't let him join. Combat immediately begins and proceeds the usual way EXCEPT Scorpp doesn't take actions. Killing Scorpp or otherwise ending the fight still works.

Endarire

Scholar
Stinking Cloud
-This spell should inflict the NAUSEATED condition instead of the SICKENED condition.

-I was prevented from throwing produce flame projectiles while affected by stinking cloud, despite throwing these projectiles seemingly being a free action otherwise. Stinking cloud should only remove the ability to take standard actions.

-The stinking cloud debuff was still in effect at 0/5 turns remaining! This feels like dishonest in the advertising. (The debuff ended one turn later at -1 of 5 turns remaining.)

Paralyzed Debuff
-A ghoul paralyzed a character via an AoO and she could take a 5' step on the turn she was paralyzed, but couldn't cast a spell.

-A ghoul still inflicted Paralyzed on a character with Lareth's Ring of Freedom of Movement! (The ring was IDed, but that should not matter.) Perhaps this character got the debuff but was unaffected by it since he could still act normally on the turn he was paralyzed, unlike the other character who was paralyzed this way.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Stinking Cloud
-This spell should inflict the NAUSEATED condition instead of the SICKENED condition.

-I was prevented from throwing produce flame projectiles while affected by stinking cloud, despite throwing these projectiles seemingly being a free action otherwise. Stinking cloud should only remove the ability to take standard actions.
IIRC you can only shoot produce flame projectiles as a free action on the round you cast it.
The previous one is just textual IIRC, the effect is as it should be.

Endarire

Scholar
Carrion Crawler (Temple L2)
-I think this thing has an infinite number of attacks. It started attacking Burne and didn't stop after 5 swipes. Or maybe the crawler has a much larger number of attacks than I expected.

Endarire

Scholar
I can't used an IDed Fungus Figurine by dragging it onto the USE ITEM button in inventory, but I can use it from the radial menu. Huh?

Endarire

Scholar
A tripped, webbed creature should not be able to escape and stand with the same action.

Endarire

Scholar
I enabled Tolerant Townsfolk and went to the Welcome Wench. I had Burne and Scorp in the party. Immediately upon entering, Burne shouted, "STOP THIS ATTACK!" and left the party. We entered combat mode. Unsure why. I could still buy from Brother Smythe.

After visiting Bro Smythe, entering the Welcome Wench did NOT start a fight. Odd.

Endarire

Scholar
A Dire Wolf (SNA III) and a Fiendish Dire Wolf (SM IV) should be LARGE creatures, not medium. The Wild Shape and Animal Companions should also be Large.

The Temple level 1 secret staircase should be a safe rest zone completely. Right now, there are no random encounters, but since it isn't technically a safe zone, I can't craft there and read magic doesn't ID everything it can in one cast.

Endarire

Scholar
It's possible to enter an area and immediately enter combat (or just combat - unsure which) and not have characters with Combat Reflexes be able to make AoOs on their enemy approach. Perhaps reach isn't loading correctly that fast.

Things work normally after the first PC has had a turn.

Endarire

Scholar
I gave Oohlgrist (troll chief party member) a no-ID Radiant Ranseur and he IMMEDIATELY DIED! An Evil creature holding a Holy weapon should get 1 negative level, not instant death!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom