Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanilla ToEE bugs

Endarire

Scholar
When clicking "TAKE ALL," I get a "You have no room error!" if there's exactly enough room on the receiving character to take alll the items from the container (chest, corpse, etc.).

You have exactly enough room for that item.
If I click Take All on a container and the contents have at least 1 item that fills an inventory slot AND taking this item or these items would put my inventory at exactly full, I can take the item(s) but get the message that I can't carry this much, even though I just did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
At each map transition, Burne when overburdened would say "I am carrying too much." My main other party members didn't say this.

Endarire

Scholar
Mother Screng's alignment should be LN or LG since she prominently worships St. Cuthbert. (This was likely due to Cuthbert becoming LN in 3.0 when before he straddled LN and LG.)

Endarire

Scholar
Masterwork Bucklers should have 0 armor check penalty instead of -1. They're otherwise OK.

Endarire

Scholar
I couldn't use cure scrolls and potions on enemies! I should be able to considering I may want to deal positive energy damage to Undead.

I can still do positive energy damage via cure spells cast by my team to Undead. I think.

Please ensure Undead are hurt by cure and heal spells and not just healed! That's RAW!

Elestan

Educated
Umber Hulks' Confusion gaze should not affect targets out of their line of sight.

Endarire

Scholar
Temple Level 4: There's a unique portraited hill giant outside the SW hill giant room that has dialog, doesn't attack on sight, and doesn't seem to fight back if attacked.

Elestan

Educated
You know that's Kella, right...?

I think the bug is that she doesn't fight back if attacked. Every monster should fight back (or flee) if attacked. This happens with Countess Tillahi's reward party too; they just stand there and let you kill them.

Endarire

Scholar
Double 5' Steps Due to Ready vs Approach
I had a unit take a 5' step then ready vs. approach. When the readied action fired, the unit attacked then took a 5' step. This seems like a bug.

Endarire

Scholar
Attacker is not Visible
According to my rolls history, there's a +2 BONUS to hit subjects the attacker can't see. This seems like it should be a penalty.

Endarire

Scholar
Charmed minions are your friends, summonlings!
Summonlings still attacked my charmed foes. (Technically, I summed a lamia who charmed something that other summonlings of our party attacked.) This foe's charmed effect did not end upon being damaged by the summons.

Endarire

Scholar
Webbed Condition and AC
The webbed condition (according to the rolls history) doesn't affect the subject's AC. Unsure if this is a bug.

Elestan

Educated
TOEE is very generous to its casters, relative to RAW:
  • No Spellbooks needed.
  • No Material components needed.
  • Monsters have no chance of being alerted by Verbal components.
  • Bards can sneak while singing.
  • No need for spell prep time (should be one hour after resting for eight).
  • Scrolls can be scribed without preparing the spell.
  • Scribing a scroll takes no time (should be one day/1000gp cost).
  • Spells can be copied instantly (should take a day).
  • Spells can be copied for free (should cost 100gp/level).

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Elestan:
Some of those are workarounds for D&D things. For example, RAW allows a Wizard to learn from and cast from another Wizard's spellbook, but ToEE didn't implement this.

Instant crafting is a boon because waiting X days to complete an item isn't fun.

Sneaking while making noise is still possible in tabletop, but with a penalty to Move Silently. The GM determines how much of a penalty.

Material components do exist in ToEE in the form of gold costs for certain spells (like stoneskin) each time the spell is cast. For spells with an expensive focus (like extraplanar chest), there is a first-time cast cost. Also, in tabletop, casters can carry a spell component pouch which is assumed to have all non-expensive material components in infinite supply. It costs 5G and 2lb.

Elestan

Educated
RAW allows a Wizard to learn from and cast from another Wizard's spellbook, but ToEE didn't implement this.

A good thing to add at some point, albeit not high priority (I would put most of these at low to medium priority).

Instant crafting is a boon because waiting X days to complete an item isn't fun.

Why not? You could just let the time pass in a blink; it's not like you actually have to watch the character work.

Sneaking while making noise is still possible in tabletop, but with a penalty to Move Silently. The GM determines how much of a penalty.

Where is that from? Intuitively, you can't both make noise and move silently. The SRD says that "To provide a verbal component, you must be able to speak in a strong voice." Our GM always interpreted that as meaning that any spell with a 'V' component was automatically obvious to everyone with ears within 30' (and could be noticed beyond that with a Listen check). And Bardic music has to be clearly audible to have an effect, so there should be no way a bard could move silently while maintaining their song.

Material components do exist in ToEE in the form of gold costs for certain spells (like stoneskin) each time the spell is cast. For spells with an expensive focus (like extraplanar chest), there is a first-time cast cost. Also, in tabletop, casters can carry a spell component pouch which is assumed to have all non-expensive material components in infinite supply. It costs 5G and 2lb.

Sure; I think it would be good to have those in TOEE, as well as the spellbooks themselves (15gp, 3lb) - for one thing, they make fun targets for a rogue to steal. ;-)

Endarire

Scholar
Elestan: See my previous post regarding sneaking while speaking. That's a GM call. The Listen skill has rules to determine penalties for hearing things.

Endarire

Scholar
Charm and Pathfinding
On Temple2, I summoned a Lamia who used charm on a bugbear. The bugbear failed its save and has been with me ever since. I'm unsure how long the charm was meant to last, but after over a month in-game, it's still on. The minion says it's "Charmed" and it works fine with one caveat:

On Temple2, the bugbear continually tries to return to its spawn point. It makes jittery animations and, though it receives move commands, it will immediately move toward its spawn after I send it elsewhere. It's fine on other maps, though.

Endarire

Scholar
Addendum to Charm and Pathfinding

When fighting on Temple2, the floor where the charmed bugbear came from, the bugbear would sometimes run around the map during combat. He acted like he was out of turn-based combat mode. It was like he was a buggedbear.

Endarire

Scholar
Animal Companions and Rest Until Healed
Animal companions do NOT count when using Rest Until Healed; however, charmed minions do. Pweath make it so both count!

Endarire

Scholar
Freedom of Movement does not prevent Webbed Condition
Exactly what it says. FoM prevents a creature by being ensnared while webbed, but the FoM subject still must make Reflex saves while moving into/through the web. Unsure if this is just a display bug.

It would help if a freedom of movement-protected character would display the message "Unaffected due to monster immunity" or even no message when moving into/through a web.

Elestan

Educated
The Bodaks in the Fire Node have DR 10/Cold. It's supposed to be DR 10/Cold Iron. Looking at the original module, there was supposed to be one Bodak with Darley, with a specific story behind it. I think the Troika developers mistakenly thought it was a Fire-aligned monster, and dropped a pack of them in.

Elestan

Educated
Salamanders throwing Fireballs have at least three bugs:
  1. The Salamanders seem to magically know exactly where your party is, even if they cannot see any of them.
  2. The Fireballs appear to have an unlimited range.
  3. The Fireballs appear to ignore all intervening walls or other obstacles (they arc up and then fall down on their target, as though the level was an outdoor wide-open space, even when you're underground). The guardians in the Fire temple were bombarding my party, who were clear on the other side of the dungeon.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
there is a giant npc party member. It's a case of broken partial implementation like most cool things that troika did.

Endarire

Scholar
Oohlgrist and perhaps all trolls are Large creatures with the space (blue circle) of a Medium creature. Hill giants definitely have the space of a Large creature.

This notion of units seemingly having too small a space seems to apply to many other Large creatures in general, like the (Fiendish) Dire Wolf.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom