Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanilla ToEE bugs

Endarire

Scholar
Otiluke's Resilient Sphere does what?
Burne went into the Senshock fight with a lesser globe of invulernability on then cast Otiluke's resilient sphere on his first turn. He somehow managed to get Charmed during the fight. This seems wrong.

Endarire

Scholar
Staff of Striking is too cheap!
This is a +3 quarterstaff with a side bonus of dealing 3x the spent charges on damage. It should not retail for about 2000G! Perhaps 30,000G is appropriate.

Staff of the Transmuter is too cheap!
This is a +1 quarterstaff with a side bonus of 50 charges of the animal buff spells. It shouldn't retail for about 4500G. Perhaps 10,000G is more apt.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Senshock's Robes
The description says the robes give +15 SR, but they give SR 16 instead. The robe's other effects are as listed.

Endarire

Scholar
Levels and Racial HD
Companions with racial HD and character levels (such as Scorpp and Oohlgrist) do NOT consider racial HD (or effective character level/ECL) in EXP calculations, nor for how many negative levels it takes to kill them. However, CON modifiers to HP do consider racial HD and class levels. It just feels inconsistent.

Endarire

Scholar
Mirror Image, multi-projectile spells, and Cleave
Should someone with (Great) Cleave who hits a mirror image be allowed a (Great) Cleave attack?

Regarding multi-projectile spells like magic missile, should they hit the mirror images too? Right now, MM bypasses MI. Baldur's Gate's mirror image spell worked differently, but that was 2.x and this is 3.5. I can see mirror image working either way with multi-projectile spells.

Elestan

Educated
Right now, MM bypasses MI. Baldur's Gate's mirror image spell worked differently, but that was 2.x and this is 3.5. I can see mirror image working either way with multi-projectile spells.

It might be appropriate to create a seperate "Rules Ambiguities" thread for these types of issues; they're not really bugs unless there's an official 3.5 source that says the current behavior is wrong.

Endarire

Scholar
Combat Queue for 32
This initiative list for fights (the combat queue) has a limit of 32 participants - friend and foe. This is a very low limit considering the game sometimes includes enemies on the map that don't display in the queue. May we have this expanded to 128+? Sometimes, units (especially charms and summons) won't act because there are too many units in the queue or on the map.

Formation Screen (F)
This is the only UI popup window to my present knowledge that does NOT pause the game while up. The options menu (O), inventory menu (I), etc. all pause the game. This seems like a bug.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Wand Update
Since T+ corrected newly-crafted wands to have 50 charges, may we have the pre-placed wands (wand of fear, wand of chain lightning, wand of fireball, wand of lightning bolt, wand of heat metal, wand of identify, Burne's wand of CL9 magic missile...) start with 50 charges too? Senshock's wand of fireball has 10 charges (seems like it should be 20 or 50) and Hedrack's chest's wand of fear has 2 charges, but these are the exception to the rule.

No.

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
Selecting a single unit then pushing the HOME key should center view on that unit. (I recall the ToEE help screen saying this, but it not working.)

Endarire

Scholar
Vrock Stop
(Air Node) The Vrock Guardian's summoning of the imps/quasits broke combat. It seemed to happen when it wasn't the Vrock's turn, and whoever's turn it was could not finish her turn. (She had an empty turn time bar but ending her turn made the game stop responding.)

Endarire

Scholar
(Earth Node) Moradin's Soul Hammer's retail price seems way too low for what it actually does. This +1 Holy Lawful (and maybe also Defending) Greathammer seems priced as a +3 weapon when it's a +6 weapon. A +6 weapon has a retail value of 72K.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Stone Stone Stone Stone Stoneskin skin skin skin skin?
Should stoneskin applications stack on the same target? I was under the impression they shouldn't.

By 'stack,' I mean that each skin absorbs a maximum of 10 physical damage (except Adamantine) per hit from a separate DR pool. For example, if I do 23 damage before damage reduction (DR) to a subject with double stoneskin, I'd normally do only 3 damage.

Clair-annoyance
The clairvoyance spell specifically says it does not need line of sight to function, but the ToEE version functions only within line of effect.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
True Seeing should negate the penalty from Blink
From my current understanding, true seeing allows a subject to see on the material and ethereal planes. Blink sometimes shunts its subject ethereal and uses concealment as a 20% miss chance, though this isn't truly concealment. Thus, there should be no miss chance due to concealment for a subject of both these spells when they're attacking another.

Endarire

Scholar
Overly Keen Glaive?
Our party turned a Masterwork Glaive into a +1 Holy Axiomatic Keen Icy Burst Shocking Burst Glaive. The +1 Holy Axiomatic was done by one person at one time and the rest was done by another party member at another time - days of real time and months (years?) of game time later.

The default glaive displays a critical of 20x3. This Keen Glaive displays a critical of 18x3. This should be 19x3 if Keen.

Uneven Wand Crafting
There is presently no way I know of to craft a wand with an even caster level. Our Wizard11 set the CL to 10 to make a protection from energy wand, but the wand could only be crafted at level 9 or 11 or another odd CL enough to cast the spell.

Endarire

Scholar
Slings & Things
Masterwork Slings seemingly can't be sold for full value (about 300G) to any Hommlet vendor. Not even Bing, the guy south of the South Hommlet warp point who sells them, pays full price. Other items are oddly unaffected.

Endarire

Scholar
Elementals Breathe?
Elementals should be immune to inhaled poisons, stench, stinking cloud, cloudkill, and all related things due to not needing to breathe.

Endarire

Scholar
Crisis of Infinite Earths
The Earth Elemental gem from the Earth Node lets the user cast Summon Earth Elemental at will. This is unlike the other gems which have limits.

Endarire

Scholar
Freedom of Movement, Snares, and 5' Steps
Freedom of movement prevents its subject from getting caught in a web or entangle patch, but also inflicts Webbed and Entangled conditions respectively. Someone affected by this, even with FoM can't take 5' steps but can move otherwise - including charging.

Endarire

Scholar
You should not be attacking corpses!
It's possible as part of a full attack to target a corpse (a unit with -10 HP) and waste an attack. At least, it seemed that way when I tried it.

Endarire

Scholar
Why didn't you tell me my Boots of Speed were on?!
Activating Boots of Speed DOES NOT give a buff icon on the character, but does show the subject as Hastened. I thought for a long time the boots were bugged!

Endarire

Scholar
En-lightening
The Scribe Scroll entry for call lightning is misspelled as call lightening.

Endarire

Scholar
Trippy Altar, Man!
Unsure why my tank kept tripping near the ToEE2 Fire Temple Altar. It doesn't seem like it should be that slick!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom