Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanilla ToEE bugs

Endarire

Scholar
Workaround to Limited Quicken?
By RAW, a caster pre-Epic should only be able to cast one Quickened spell per round. I was able to a Quickened snowball swarm then another Quickened snowball swarm, though the second spell took a standard action. I could not cast a third Quickened spell that turn with that character.

Is this ability to cast a second Quickened spell as a longer action intentional?

Endarire

Scholar
Air Node Pathfinding Ickiness
The path from entering the Air Node from Temple4 to the gate that leaves the node has a small winding path that requires a lot of manual pathfinding. Manual navigation has been annoying.

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere should last its duration![/I]
Ending combat should not end this spell! (At least it should be toggleable!) Same with ongoing effects like web, grease, stinking cloud, invisibility sphere, and fog effects!

Endarire

Scholar
Protection from Energy (Singular)
A subject may be affected only by one protection from energy at a time. For example, being affected by PfE (Fire) prevents a subject from being affected by PfE (Acid, Cold, Electricity, and Sonic).

Endarire

Scholar
Clairvoyanace Ends on Load
Exactly as the title says. I can see the entire map with it on, but reloading the game (possibly because I reloaded in combat) made clairvoyance's effect end immediately. The buff tab still says the spell's active, though.

Grank should worship Hextor and have domains
Grank is a NPC in the Water Node that I dominated. He mentioned Hextor in his dialog, but does not worship any deity despite being a Rogue2/Cleric4.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Soften Earth and Stone Save
The short description at the top says this Druid spell has no save, but the full description says there's a Reflex save for partial effect. The observed effect is that the Reflex save is real.

Endarire

Scholar
Negative Levels Don't Reduce Spellcasting
The link shows how they should negatively impact spellcasting, such as removing spell slots (like from losing a temporarily buffed INT/WIS/CHA) and likely also reducing the subject's caster level by 1 per negative level.

Endarire

Scholar
(Bug?) NPC Companions Ignore Auto-Starting Dialog Triggers
Some foes (Hedrack, the Balor Guardian, etc.) have dialog triggers that start when a PC comes close. NPCs don't get that. This allows a fully visible NPC to walk beside the target and get effectively a free turn.

Endarire

Scholar
Dire Wolves are Sorta Missing
Dire wolves can be summoned via summon monster IV, but can't be turned into via Wild Shape, nor be used as animal companions.
Fixed for v1.0.83

Wild Shape Itemization Feels Too Restrictive
Currently, Wild Shape prevents all worn items from functioning. I can understand that. My groups have assumed that, if Wild Shaping with no distinct time limit, the Druid (or other character) will strip, shape, then reequip.

There is some Living Greyhawk precedent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mathalor

Educated
I might be getting something wrong here, but I can't seem to get eyebite to do anything. cast goes off. spell resistance checked. no effect.

I sometimes get the same effect with bolt of glory. cause it's from shiningted's mod, I made a post about it in his thread, but now I'm not sure.

Mathalor

Educated
Could you make it possible to enchant ammunition with Craft Arms and Armor?

Allyx

Savant
Could you make it possible to enchant ammunition with Craft Arms and Armor?
There's no point in doing so IMO, magical bonuses to bows and crossbows apply attack bonuses and damage bonuses to the arrows fired from them.

Mathalor

Educated
I had asked earlier about making a sling properly take a move action to load, like light crossbows. I've been poking around the internet since then, though. I read posts from several people that either houseruled that slings could be selected with the rapid reload feat, or stuck with the 3.0 version, which they claimed was a free action, like the game, and like bows.

I'm not sure if toee is supposed to be 3.0 or 3.5. If you do decide to fix slings to 3.5 rules, could you make slings selectable with rapid reload with lax rules, or something like that?

Mathalor

Educated
I've actually never made a keen weapon before, but I'm guessing that this is a vanilla bug.

A keen shortbow should have a crit range of 19-20, but instead has a range of 18-20. Same with the spiked chain.

Mathalor

Educated
Summon nature's ally and summon monster are supposed to be close range spells (25 ft plus 5 ft per 2 levels). In ToEE, I am able to summon monsters much farther away from my summoner than I should be.

Mathalor

Educated
Slippery mind seems to have no effect on my rogue. I tested with the confusion spell.

Mathalor

Educated
Crushing despair seems to cancel if the caster takes too much damage or casts a different spell on the next round. I've noticed this when it was cast by one of the fungus summoned by the fungus figurine, and one of the mercenary casters in the ambush by the traders fight in Nulb.

Mathalor

Educated
My rogue has skill mastery under her feats, even though I never chose skill mastery while leveling, and the description for skill mastery claims that it isn't even implemented in ToEE.

Mathalor

Educated
The ToEE description of Charm Person claims that the spell is supposed to break if the victim is attacked by anyone. Not even hit, just attacked.

My warrior got charmed in a random encounter with siren cultists. Got hit twice by animal companions (party druid + melony). Charm did not break.
It does seem to break when the caster dies or begins to die (<0 hp).

Last edited:

Mathalor

Educated
I pickied up 3 npcs, one of whom was melony with an animal companion, for a total party of 8 humanoids and two animal companions.

The formation editor has 4 saved formations, but formations 1 has only 9 portraits to assign location, and formations 2 and 4 only have 8. Formation 3 was able to accommodate all ten.

Mathalor

Educated
ToEE Quench is supposed to damage fire elementals, but does not. My damage log claims the damage was cold, then claims it was fire, and negates itself. The spell is also supposed to have a scaling area, rather than one target.

Tested on a fire elemental that I summoned myself.

Mathalor

Educated
I've been farming world map random encounters. Occasionally the random map will display a portrait of a blue man group member with a cross over his eyes instead of whatever is up for fighting, which is listed at the top. These blue men are called "door" next to their portrait.

Mathalor

Educated
I cast grease at a dire bear standing near two dead (not dying, but fully dead) siren cultists.

The dead cultists attempted and failed saving throws, standing up, and then falling down.

Mathalor

Educated
I am not able to craft scrolls, with Spugnoir, for the following:

7th level
banishment
Control Undead
Mass Invisibility
Power Word Blind
Plane Shift (shiningted's domain mod)

8th level
Create Greater Undead
Sunburst
great shout (shiningted)

9th level
summon monster IX
meteor swarm
wail of the banshee

There may be more, I was only checking for 7th and higher wizard spells, as I had planned to scribe them with spugnoir and learn them on my party wizard.

Mathalor

Educated
Another thing that I think is a vanilla bug, but I'm not sure.

I cast a few buffs on my party members, than try to use their boots of springing and striding, and sometimes they don't show up on the radial menu, and using them from the inventory does nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom