Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanilla ToEE bugs

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just came across a bug in leveling monks up. If you already have Combat Reflexes and don't qualify for Deflect Arrows you can't select a 2nd level monk bonus feat and thus can't advance to monk level 2.

This is a bug for two reasons. First and foremost it prevents you from leveling up your character. Secondly, a monk isn't supposed to need to meet the prerequisites for their class bonus feats (see https://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/monk.htm#bonusFeat)
This is not a bug, it's working as intended.

It's the developer's way to tell you that you shouldn't play a fucking monk.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So here I am in the middle of combat when my brown bear animal companion uses an item in the middle of combat! it seems he drank a healing potion. I think to myself, wtf, where did he even get that? does he have more items? so I did what everyone would do and killed him and checked for loot, and there it was! 2 medals and a ring of protection, it seems your animal companion gets a fair share of the loot from prince thrommel ( sorry if this is a known issue )

Endarire

Scholar
Sitra Achara
This is probably an Atari bug:

Sound burst doesn't work on Skeletons and Undead since Undead are immune to stun. Sound burst always does sonic damage but only stuns those on a failed Fort save.

This too:

Sometimes, when leaving an via the world map (something I encountered twice recently from random encounter maps on Ironman), the party arrives at its destination but the game softlocks by keeping the world map screen open. I can move my mouse and click stuff but only force quitting works.
Fixed 1.0.85

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sitra Achara
This is probably an Atari bug:

Sound burst doesn't work on Skeletons and Undead since Undead are immune to stun. Sound burst always does sonic damage but only stuns those on a failed Fort save.

This too:

Sometimes, when leaving an via the world map (something I encountered twice recently from random encounter maps on Ironman), the party arrives at its destination but the game softlocks by keeping the world map screen open. I can move my mouse and click stuff but only force quitting works.
Thanks for reporting endarire. The 2nd bug might not be vanilla. I'll need more details to reproduce and fix it, however. Next time it happens, please save and send the logfile, and also the autosave (does the autosave update to the new destination or is it still on the RE map?), and tell me what your destination map was.
Also, leaving an what? Random enc map I presume?

Endarire

Scholar
Further testing has shown it's only happened on leaving random encounter maps. (I've been playing Ironman; hence, the lack of a plethora of save files.)

I'm unsure if this is vanilla, but in the Moathouse (likely on Lareth's body or in his chamber) has a bugged Scroll of obscuring mist that's actually a yellow potion that has a sell value of over 1000G! It's likely priced as a potion. Pic.

Should charmed creatures aid my side in combat on their turn, acting somewhat like uncontrolled summons? Sometimes, they've stayed still or done funky behavior. For example, using the lamia summoning item from Imredys Run, charming (not dominating) a bugbear in the ToEE made it a permanent pet that, when it was on its spawn map, made it run out of combat around uncontrolled and sometimes trigger fights from across the map!

Endarire

Scholar
Sitra Achara
This is likely a vanilla bug: When opening a chest with a trap from long reach (in my case, an enlarged Rogue wielding a polearm), when the trap sprung, it still damaged him despite being 20ish feet away! I thought that the long reach would prevent the damage!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Sitra Achara
This is likely a vanilla bug: When opening a chest with a trap from long reach (in my case, an enlarged Rogue wielding a polearm), when the trap sprung, it still damaged him despite being 20ish feet away! I thought that the long reach would prevent the damage!
The actual bug is that you can open it with the polearm :lol:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Is it possible to stop direct damage spells from permeating walls and hitting units trying to use them as cover (e.g, Senshock's Lightning Bolts)?
Confirmed Vanilla bug
Yes. Fixed for next version. Although, ideally I'd also like to make casters improve their positioning to land those despite that. Todo...

Mathalor

Educated
Guessing that this is a vanilla bug.

Rogues at 10, 13, 16, etc get bonus abilities that you should be able to substitute for a feat. I found that only a fraction of the feats were able to be chosen, including several spellcasting feats. I was wanting to choose improved rapid shot or weapon focus at level 13, but they weren't yellow feats, and the game would only accept a feat that was listed in yellow.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom