Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vast hour and half long Fallout 4 analysis

Jarmaro

Liturgist
This video is similair to that about Fallout 3, but author is diffrent and in my opinion video is better than that about F3 as author logically and with calm voice pointed out every aspect of the story and explained why main story is shit. Entire video is very good but from 11:37 to 1:00:00 and then since 1:06:32 it is pure gold. If you never want to try Fallout 4 there you can gain all the knowledge that is needed to hate the game.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Who on earth watches these videos (except OP)? If you like Fallout 4, do you watch it as an excuse to get angry? If you already dislike Fallout 4, do you watch it as an excuse to masturbate over how totally right you are? If you don't know much about Fallout 4, do you watch it because... you have too much time on your hands? Who actually watches an 84 minute video about a shit game, why it's shit, and how great you are for knowing it's shit?

Now, a video about a great game and why you should go and buy it and play it, now that I understand, even if that's far too long. But this? Why? If it's just to piss off fanboys or something, you could probably make it 5 minutes long and harvest just as much salt, if there's still any salt left in that dead horse. I don't get it. You could watch Kung Fury or something in the same amount of time (which I thoroughly recommend doing by the way) instead of this wankery.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
This is posted in Bethseda Softworks branch of forum for a reason.

You could watch Kung Fury or something in the same amount of time (which I thoroughly recommend doing by the way) instead of this wankery.
Or I could watch 1h 23 minutes long video about why fallout 4 is shit. I watched Kung Fury, yet I think I enjoyed this video more.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Or I could watch 1h 23 minutes long video about why fallout 4 is shit. I watched Kung Fury, yet I think I enjoyed this video more.

Why though? Was it funny? I guess I can understand if it's at least presented in an amusing manner. Was it like a sort of gamey cringe/fail thing or what? Actually maybe I'll just skip through the video for a short while and see, that might be easier.

~~ a few minutes pass ~~

Welp, now I'm even more confused. It's painfully dull. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the what he was saying and whatever, but it seems like you might as well watch a 90-minute documentary detailing why 4 square miles of rubble makes for a poor golf course. Haha, yes, rubble is a poor choice for a golf course, I knew it! I guess it's not my thing.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

This.

The teaser was fun. The actual movie, thank God it was only 30 minutes long. It quickly started to drag on, like a joke that that went too far.

The video is awesome, I love that guy's voice and I could totally fap to it. Too bad his voice drastically changes at the end of the video.

Zibniyat

Arcane
If you never want to try Fallout 4 there you can gain all the knowledge that is needed to hate the game.

Why do that, when one can just obtain the game and enjoy it... for what it is? Most of you "haters" are just hypocrites anyway.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
If you never want to try Fallout 4 there you can gain all the knowledge that is needed to hate the game.

Why do that, when one can just obtain the game and enjoy it... for what it is? Most of you "haters" are just hypocrites anyway.
You misunderstood, I wanted to give haters valid reasons to hate instead of useless "F4 is shit" or inform people who simply don't want to play game, but as they are players they want to know if game was good.

Zibniyat

Arcane
So why not simply pirate it and play it to see and prove to yourself how and why it is so much "shit"? You do realise that until you've actually "consumed" the piece of entertainment by yourself, you will never know the quality of it. You may assume, of course.

Besides, maybe the haters would acually like F4, not as an RPG gem, but as an action game with RPG elements or whatever.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
So why not simply pirate it and play it to see and prove to yourself how and why it is so much "shit"?
As I said, to inform those who simply don't want to play it. For any reason.
And people who care about "genre" should at least know what direction it takes. This is present state of AAA RPG games as people see it.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Who actually watches an 84 minute video about a shit game, why it's shit, and how great you are for knowing it's shit?
You're posting on a forum with a 219-page FO4 thread that is pretty much just a long list of reasons why the game is shit, a 284-page pre-release FO4 thread that is all about predicting why the game was going to be shit, and even a pre-announcement thread that consists of 174 pages of doomsaying about how much FO4 was going to suck. It's basically a way of life around here. Besides, it is often pretty entertaining. Certainly much more so than Kung Fury.

Quillon

Arcane
I like me a good bethout bashing for couple hours but I didn't like this one, the 3 hour one is much better.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I played the game, watched the vid. Didn't like the game, liked the video. Its obvious a lot of care went into its making. Think i will watch the other videos this guy made.

Played both F3 (bleh) and New Vegas (was decent/good). But im biased due to Fallout 1 and 2, those 2 games marked my early gaming days and were basically my first RPGs and the main reason i liked RPGs in the first place.

For all of the negativity, douchebaginnes, outright faggotry and dumbfuckness (did i spell that right?) here, somehow i always find something interesting to either read and/or play.
The Codex delivers.

Perkel

Arcane
I think what they did with settlements and generally non rpg stuff is the way they should go. They obviously are pretty shit at designing quests and dialogs so they should focus just on making landscape and go for more settlement type stuff when you try to explore find things not for story but because you want more loot and shit for your creation. Fallout minecraft basically.

Quillon

Arcane
I think what they did with settlements and generally non rpg stuff is the way they should go. They obviously are pretty shit at designing quests and dialogs so they should focus just on making landscape and go for more settlement type stuff when you try to explore find things not for story but because you want more loot and shit for your creation. Fallout minecraft basically.

And they don't need Fallout's name for that to sell like hotcakes. Greedy bethsterds.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
He says there's no real reason for player character and Kellog to fight each other!?!? I remember a pretty big reason for wanting to fight him.

Also the part where Nick talks to you in Kellogg's voice is a very creepy moment, loved that part

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout 4 is a great game and the fact that some autistic nerd actually spent an hour and a half nitpicking irrelevant shit like the main story is further testimony to its greatness.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It takes an hour and a half to explain why a game is complete shit and not even remotely an actual Fallout game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom