Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vault Dweller: Age of Decadence needs to sell 45,000 copies to be successful

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

The date explains a lot, goddamn was playing a thief a hassle back then, too many different skills were necessary to progress and the gameplay was more of a save-load simulator. He's still a fucking retard for advocating difficulty through adjusting stats and dying in the first fight.

My favorite part of that review is when he slagged them for describing the setting as low magic, post apocalyptic and said "By that definition Prague in 1918 would fall under the same category of ‘low magic, post-apocalyptic’ and I doubt many people would rush to play a game set then and there".

Because post WWI Prague actually sounds like a pretty interesting setting which I would rush to play.

Shadenuat

Arcane

The date explains a lot, goddamn was playing a thief a hassle back then, too many different skills were necessary to progress and the gameplay was more of a save-load simulator. He's still a fucking retard for advocating difficulty through adjusting stats and dying in the first fight.

My favorite part of that review is when he slagged them for describing the setting as low magic, post apocalyptic and said "By that definition Prague in 1918 would fall under the same category of ‘low magic, post-apocalyptic’ and I doubt many people would rush to play a game set then and there".

Because post WWI Prague actually sounds like a pretty interesting setting which I would rush to play.
Could have added Throwing requirements in item and/or skill descriptions in 2 bloody years though.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Our to-do list was endless, especially when it comes to the small things. In the last 2 years we felt the limits of having a very small team like never before. To say that we were overloaded is to say nothing at all.

Deleted member 7219

So, how does a brother go about buying a physical copy?

Do you and mindx2 really believe Iron Tower have the money and the resources to do physical distribution? You only need to see what has happened with indie devs over the past few years to see what a struggle it is. Even larger studios like InXile and Obsidian have to get large publishing companies to do it for them.

If you are holding off buying the game because you want a physical copy, I think you are being a bit of a cunt to be honest. Just give them some fucking money and enjoy the game. We might actually get another RPG from them that way.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Do you and mindx2 really believe Iron Tower have the money and the resources to do physical distribution? You only need to see what has happened with indie devs over the past few years to see what a struggle it is. Even larger studios like InXile and Obsidian have to get large publishing companies to do it for them.

If you are holding off buying the game because you want a physical copy, I think you are being a bit of a cunt to be honest. Just give them some fucking money and enjoy the game. We might actually get another RPG from them that way.
No, not really. Was hoping this would outsell Fallout 4 and I could order the Super Duper Deluxe Mega Enhanced Physical Edition (with cloth map of course) but alas I must settle for some bits and bytes on my hard drive.... :negative:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Any game that soaks up 9+ hours of my time and has me progressing no further than the first two introductory missions is either way too punishing or an indictment on my gaming skills, and as a veteran RPG’er I would sincerely hope it’s a case of the former rather than the latter.

:lol:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2

No, not really. Was hoping this would outsell Fallout 4 and I could order the Super Duper Deluxe Mega Enhanced Physical Edition (with cloth map of course) but alas I must settle for some bits and bytes on my hard drive.... :negative:
Yo can always design a dvd cover and print it all nice and glossy

Perkel

Arcane

Yo can always design a dvd cover and print it all nice and glossy

Or get the concept art some photoshop skills and photographic paper.

Mozg

Arcane
Just get VD to write "AoD physical copy serial # 000001" on a cardboard box with a sharpie and give it to mind for a thousand dollars

Shadenuat

Arcane
Our to-do list was endless, especially when it comes to the small things. In the last 2 years we felt the limits of having a very small team like never before. To say that we were overloaded is to say nothing at all.
I understand about small things like item descriptions (although nets/bolas is not a small thing, it's crucial part of combat, main combat cheese and I personally had to say 3-4 times just on 'dex that you can use them without Throwing skill).

But think about it - you wrote 10 lines of descriptions for every skill in the game just for lulz, yet you didn't think to actually make at least few of them useful and correlate with actual stuff happening in the game, making it clearer where and when they could be helpful ("5 Lore - you can use many of simplier ancient consoles" "4 Throwing - you can now use that awesome grappling hook").

Remember how Shadowrun Returns did it, in comparison:

569856.jpg

(Yes I know AoD doesn't have perks and such, I just wish in your future games you would make character screens more efficient and informative)

Perkel

Arcane
Age of Decadence back to top 20 on GOG despite fact that there isn't any -XX% on it and they have winter sale going on.
This is what i meant by "don't lower price quickly"

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence back to top 20 on GOG despite fact that there isn't any -XX% on it and they have winter sale going on.
This is what i meant by "don't lower price quickly"
It's 65 now that a few hours of winter sale have kicked in. And it was -15% (on Steam) recently.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
191 now. Only goes to show how little gog actually sells compared to steam.

Old One

Arcane
FWIW, I would certainly buy a substantive expansion for AoD. I'd like to visit the ruins of the imperial capital, and the other ruined imperial city (the one that starts with a C). I'd like to see a couple more underground dungeons and caves. I'd like a couple more big battles with around 20 combatants per side. It would be fine if this stuff was all side-quest.

I would buy that.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Gotta wait for AoD 2. VD is too committed to his "fuck DLC" stance. The dungeon crawler is the most he is willing to commit. Shame too, I would gladly pay for an expac.

Add a new hub city, a couple of new quest locations, some new weapons and armor and a new mechanic = :takemymoney:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AoD is currently on sale at gog.com!

It's only $4 off or so, but whatever. If anyone doesn't have it yet, they should buy it now.

Perkel

Arcane
And it is on front page. Good choice VD to set up "some" discount and land on front page.

hivemind

cba to quote on phone but you nerds on the end of the last page failed ur lore checks since it is known that the old imperial capital is sunk in the western ocean that u can see on the ingame map

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom