Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Vault Dweller interviewed by Forbes about Age of Decadence

O.K. another interview at...Forbes? Let me check the date - no, it's not the first of April! Seriously though, it's a good interview.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good, informative interview at a rather big site. Should be beneficial for the game. :salute:
Although the lack of comments under the article (there's 1 comment atm, I think) is a bit disappointing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good, informative interview at a rather big site. Should be beneficial for the game. :salute:
Although the lack of comments under the article (there's 1 comment atm, I think) is a bit disappointing.

Check again, there are three. Only one of them is "featured", though. You need to expand to see the rest.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Check again, there are three. Only one of them is "featured", though. You need to expand to see the rest.
Indeed, there are three, which is 200% more than one. Incline?
EDIT: at least all of them are positive.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Nah, Erik Kain is a bro. Granted, the guy is not an edgy-hardcore ++ Codexer, but compared to other mainstream gaming jurrnalist, he's usually more in-depth and objective than most. From what I recall, he's getting regular shit from Kotaku's, IGN and Destructoid's writers on Twitter. The most recent example being Ben Kuchera.

Though he's not posting FLAMELAUNCHERULTRANAZIBOT pictures each time Bioware pukeshits something, he was one of the few guys ridiculing the "Entitled Gamer" mantra the rest of the "press" liked to recite after the ME3 ending shitstorm.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Am i the only one who finds this sexy as hell?

AoD-2013-03-14-13-26-14-79-e1363293708372.png

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is official, VD has sold out. Delicious corporate cock, eh?
Sounds like you're some 20 years too late for that statement.
If VD ever got killed, it would make for a nice CSI episode - an high powered corporate executive who designs old school niche cRPGs. "Hey, Grissom, we found something interesting in the victims browsing history, some kind of fetish site... does the name RPGCodex tell you something?"

Am i the only one who finds this sexy as hell?

AoD-2013-03-14-13-26-14-79-e1363293708372.png
This screen looks like Disgaea :D

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
That was the most troublesome scene to get in the trailer, I must have diead like 20 times before finally managing to get a nice shot of the spear impale attack... :lol:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Every single RPG should be turned base, dunno why there is even a discussion about the merits of the alternative. I love the combat in AoD.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Monty

Arcane
Erik Kain writes okay stuff most of the time. But sometimes he can be fucking retarded:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...y-video-is-excellent-and-important-heres-why/
It was fine up until the point where he said GoT wasn't sexist, went into some odd derail about handholding, claimed Brandon Sanderson was a good writer, and praised Tolkien for Eowyn. Another fauxgressive white man.
GoT has lots of strong women.

They just happen to take their clothes off a lot. :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It was fine up until the point where he said GoT wasn't sexist, went into some odd derail about handholding, claimed Brandon Sanderson was a good writer, and praised Tolkien for Eowyn. Another fauxgressive white man.
Would you rather have a fauxgressive black man? White men are the best.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Scientist: Hey, wow! We finally found the Higgs Boson!!!

Roguey: (rolling her eyes) Pfft. You're actually excited about that? The Higgs Boson is an over-privileged cisgendered, sexist, racist, hack of a particle whose previous body of work is severely overrated and completely falls apart under closer scrutiny.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Scientist: Hey, wow! We finally found the Higgs Boson!!!

Roguey: (rolling her eyes) Pfft. You're actually excited about that? The Higgs Boson is an over-privileged cisgendered, sexist, racist, hack of a particle whose previous body of work is severely overrated and completely falls apart under closer scrutiny.

Those sexist scientists even have the audacity to name the thing after bosoms cause those males cannot thing of anything but tits.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is some prestigious :obviously: shit right here, Forbes bro had a long line of good articles, and this is like some topping of a cake or something. Congratz on the exposure, VD !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom