Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Vault Dweller interviewed by Forbes about Age of Decadence

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i always wondered... who reads forbes?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Erik Kain writes okay stuff most of the time. But sometimes he can be fucking retarded:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...y-video-is-excellent-and-important-heres-why/
It was fine up until the point where he said GoT wasn't sexist, went into some odd derail about handholding, claimed Brandon Sanderson was a good writer, and praised Tolkien for Eowyn. Another fauxgressive white man.

Hey Roguey, did Lesi end up reading Bakker in the end? I can only imagine the kind of reaction someone who thinks GoT is sexist would have to what Bakker actually writes.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Sexism for these people is basically women having sex with men. That kind of degradation is too much for a woman and shouldn't be displayed anywhere.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hey Roguey, did Lesi end up reading Bakker in the end? I can only imagine the kind of reaction someone who thinks GoT is sexist would have to what Bakker actually writes.
Yep, she read and reviewed Neuropath. Spoons. My god. Spoons.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Yep, she read and reviewed Neuropath. Spoons. My god. Spoons.

Eh, Neuropath isn't really sexist though, it basically shits on everything in equal measure. Now, Bakker's fantasy novels, the treatment of women in those is enough to give a staunch feminist a stroke. Especially since Bakker's a good enough writer that he can't simply be laughed off like John Norman for example.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Didn't read the article but let me guess:

TL'DR:

Interviewer: So, tell us more about AoD, it's pretty tough so far..
VD: Our game is so fucking cool and kicks Bethesda's ass cause we're fucking edgy and hardcore yo, 1954 style, bitch.

How far off was I this time? Or has he improved?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
When I see things like this interview, and I read about the apparently inevitable success that AoD will have, combined with the impossible becoming possible with Grimoire on the cusp of its own release, I sit back and I smile.

Here are two guys, Cleve and VD, who have both spent much time here, arguing with us, laughing with us, crying with us. It's almost like our two most prodigal sons have finally achieved their goals, and through them, us ours.

Then I snap back up from my dream and realize, eventually, the world at large is going to learn the association each of them has with RPGCodex -- and I scream.

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
crying with us.

dawson-crying.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOOLOLOL VD HAS A BIG FUCKING DEMO

IM PREORDERING HIS SHIT BEFPRE I GET ANOTHER KICKSTARTER LOLLOLOL IM GONNA DO IT TOMORROW WHEN I AM SOBER AND AWAKE ENOUGH

Zeriel

Arcane

TL'DR:

VD: Our game is so fucking cool and kicks Bethesda's ass cause we're fucking edgy and hardcore yo, 1954 style, bitch.

If you mean

Interviewer: So, tell us more about AoD, it's pretty tough so far...
VD: We made the game we wanted to play. Some people will hate it, some people will like it. We're making a niche game.

Then yes.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Actually, Brayko is correct. Vast majority of VD's interviews come across EXACTLY like that but even worse. Andm, you can switch any company witgh Bethesda.

Zeriel

Arcane
This interview wasn't like that at all, unless you come in with a preconceived notion that he's going to piss you off, in which case anyone saying anything will come off as suspicious.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

TL'DR:

:butthurt:

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Perhaps I'm a bit harsh on VD, he's trying, but he does come off as sounding a little too reactionary for my taste; building a game primarily out of spite rather than possessing genuine creative desire and ability to develop. How long has AoD been in development?

Melcar

Arcane
Perhaps I'm a bit harsh on VD, he's trying, but he does come off as sounding a little too reactionary for my taste; building a game primarily out of spite rather than possessing genuine creative desire and ability to develop. How long has AoD been in development?

Since before my balls dropped and I learned what a whore was.

hiver

Ive become such a shill for AoD... i just cant stop myself.
It was such a nice combo to post a link to Forbes interview and then to drop felipepepe trailer on TToN kickstarter crowd.
(hey, they asked for it)

VD, that will be three fiddy.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You either have :obviously: standards even arbitrary one like VD has... or you make ''accessible'' ''streamlined'' popamole shit for everybody including your granny and her cat. So Vault Dweller being reactionary on game development at least is a sign of major :incline: in my book. Combat is too hard for You? Taught luck kid go an train more; I can't find Caius Cosades?
GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. :yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom