Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Very disappointed with Divinity: Original Sin

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I followed rusty_shackleford tips and now I am having a blast with this game. I don't know if it is tactician mode that made the game infinitely better or if I simply started to understand better what I was doing and that made me enjoy encounters more. I am in the snowy region now and I can't wait to see what else the game has to offer. Until now, the encounters I had most fun with are Evelyn, the pirate skeleton and the three mini-bosses in Cyseal.

Maybe I just had to get familiar with each character's skills to start enjoying combat, or maybe picking Glass Cannon with every character is the key to the fun in this game.

I am having so much fun that after this playthrough I may try the original version just to see the difference for myself.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I followed rusty_shackleford tips and now I am having a blast with this game. I don't know if it is tactician mode that made the game infinitely better or if I simply started to understand better what I was doing and that made me enjoy encounters more. I am in the snowy region now and I can't wait to see what else the game has to offer. Until now, the encounters I had most fun with are Evelyn, the pirate skeleton and the three mini-bosses in Cyseal.

Maybe I just had to get familiar with each character's skills to start enjoying combat, or maybe picking Glass Cannon with every character is the key to the fun in this game.

I am having so much fun that after this playthrough I may try the original version just to see the difference for myself.
Which tips?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Which tips?
Just playing on tactician

catfood

AGAIN
I noticed only now that the imp who tells you about the "Codex" is named Dark Underlord. Holy fug
There are many imps named after at that time popular Codex members. I took great pleasure into nuking them with meteor strike. :smug:
Begone RPGWatch spy,go back in to your cesspit of corruption and progressivism!
The only codexer who deserves to get a cameo is Cleve. Everything else is cringe.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I noticed only now that the imp who tells you about the "Codex" is named Dark Underlord. Holy fug
There are many imps named after at that time popular Codex members. I took great pleasure into nuking them with meteor strike. :smug:
This convinced me to pay attention to what's happening in the game outside of combat aaaaaaaaaaand the next thing I read is that one of the main npcs is a cat and was transformed into a human by a sorceress because she wanted to fuck him.

Ooooooooooooookay, back to skipping dialogues, I guess.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

The Mysterious Stranger who asks you questions and responds with "kay" is also DU. :)

Darth Canoli

Arcane
This convinced me to pay attention to what's happening in the game outside of combat aaaaaaaaaaand the next thing I read is that one of the main npcs is a cat and was transformed into a human by a sorceress because she wanted to fuck him.

Are you sure ?
I thought she cursed him because he betrayed her with her sister or something but it turns out he kind of like being a cat.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Are you sure ?
I thought she cursed him because he betrayed her with her sister or something but it turns out he kind of like being a cat.
https://divinity.fandom.com/wiki/Arhu
Originally a white tomcat that had managed to make its way into the quarters of Cassandra, during the days of Braccus Rex rule in Rivellon, Arhu was the sole companion of the Sourcerer's sister. Although his feline companionship was of great benefit to her, Cassandra sought for a much deeper connection (afterall a cat could not converse with her) and granted the feline a human form alongside his natural state.

But, yeah, I guess it's better to ignore the entire plot and fill in with your imagination the gaps of what's happening between a combat encounter and the next one. At least that's what I am doing.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Okay, I beat it and my final verdict is that I am glad I gave the game another chance. Despite its cringy dialogues and its mostly disappointing plot, I think it's a great game. Combat has been fun from the first encounter until the very last, with a big spike thanks to the unlock of master-tier skills. Some skills are ridiculously broken, but the game still manages to keep things interesting. It's fun that the best melee damage dealer is an archer with the Arrow Spray skill.

The game has almost too much content, if such a thing is even possible. There are tons of side quests, hidden crannies to explore and puzzles to solve. However, I hate the neverending feeling of being a homeless scavenger: after a while opening twenty barrels and chests every other room gets boring. It doesn't help that Itemization is atrocious, it may very well be the worst aspect of the entire experience.

I didn't think it could be possible, but now I am even more hyped about BG3.

The Mysterious Stranger who asks you questions and responds with "kay" is also DU. :)
Why?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom