Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview VGTribune Slams Dragon Age

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Rosh said:
I somehow forgot that lately video games are just for children and those with a child-like mentality.

Except of course we were all children when we played our favored games so i'm not sure how that's a factor.

Rosh

Erudite
St. Toxic said:
Keep that in mind.

Does that mean we get puppies now? That's what the man with "FREE PUPPIES!" spray painted on the side of his van promised me...

Lyric Suite said:
Except of course we were all children when we played our favored games so i'm not sure how that's a factor.

That might be true for some people, but Fallout came out long after I killed a man. :cool:

roshk.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
Rosh said:
I somehow forgot that lately video games are just for children and those with a child-like mentality.

No.

And what was discussed here was the idiotic belief that all video games are for kids so they should be made to be playable by them and censored and so on. In other words, dumbed down.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
FeelTheRads said:
video games are for kids
Yes.

If you were any worth I'd bother debunking that for you. As it is, you're too full of shit and idiotic concepts about the world, that it's a waste of time.

Go and wait for a cow to pass the street, ok?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rosh said:
Oh, yeah, silly me. I somehow forgot that lately video games are just for children and those with a child-like mentality.
I'm not that young either, I was not talking about age for playing computer games, but rather the juvenile nerdrage on the decline of RPGs on this forum. Games mean a little too much for some people. Obsess too much? That is rich coming from me.

But let's hold hands and play My Little Ponies:
http://www.flashgames.to/my-little-pony_409.html

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
FeelTheRads said:
And what was discussed here was the idiotic belief that all video games are for kids so they should be made to be playable by them and censored and so on. In other words, dumbed down.

While the point i was trying to make is that just because something is targeted to a younger audience it doesn't necessarily mean it should be dumped down. I was in my teens when i first played some of those more "complex" games of old, and i don't remember having had a particular problem with them. In fact, it is actually more difficult to learn to play a complex game now then it was then.

Rosh

Erudite
Mighty Mouse said:
I'm not that young either, I was not talking about age for playing computer games, but rather the juvenile nerdrage on the decline of RPGs on this forum. Games mean a little too much for some people. Obsess too much? That is rich coming from me.

Hello, welcome to RPGCodex. I take it you missed the title of the site on your way in, which I believe states the purpose and the tone of the discussion therein. Maybe you could have someone with a bit more patience than I put it into small, simple concepts for you to be able to easily digest.

Developers, past and present, also post here. Demanding quality where there is almost none in the modern industry is an ironic point from back in the 90s. That was where on Usenet and other locations, loads of people were being disenfranchised by every major title series being axed into some crappy Action version of itself, even if it didn't suit the gameplay at all. Welcome to history repeating itself because the AAA industry dines from its own ass.

Then Fallout came out, which set new standards while everyone else was chasing shiny objects in Blizzard games and the others that sacrificed good gameplay in favor of bouncing tits and "kewl minigun particle effects" (real Feargus quote from Terra-Arcanum). Standards which most developers can't even be bothered to meet par, nor even try to achieve for better, over a decade later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom