Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victor Vran

vonAchdorf

Arcane
sUnhwFT.jpg

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why...? How...? What?!

I love Motörhead to death and so far I've liked the game, so :takemymoney:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This shit is on sale at Steam and GoG now, 35% off. It got a new Halloween section too.
I reccomend it.
I like to pick it up from time to time and play a level or two till I ragequit at some gay challenges.
I liked the one with some asshole that keeps respawning till you run after him across the whole map with all 5 hexes activated plus the game gives you 120 seconds to do it without using potions, shrines or demon powers. Plus the map is filled with with fuckload of undead that respawn unless you crit em.

Trick is to take challenges 1 by 1 and play the map multiple times cause trying to do em all at once makes me punch the screen so hard.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
They've also been adding stuff since release, like:
  • Hardcore and casual mode
  • New outfit, weapon and legendary versions of some cards
  • Lightning gun and Scythe reworked
  • An "endgame" area that's randomized every day
  • A secret halloween event area, that should be easy to access now and harder after the event
I've not been able to play it in a while, but sounds fun.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Was playing the Halloween map yesterday. Found 2 new items in inventory, one was a Wanted poster wanting me to kill some epic monsters on several maps and 10 slices of pumpkin pie. By eating one slice you teleport to Halloween section.
Map is pretty big and there's even a 5 hex challenge in that is so fun to do.
I got to the last section with only 2 hexes active just to get pretty much instagibbed several times till I ragequit. Fun times.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Well, its a bit different than the regular ARPGs and its noticable that devs took a more relaxed route.
Its a decent game and I have 0 regrets paying full price for it(20 euros).

Atleast it doesnt kick me suddenly out of my singleplayer game cause the server thought I was offline like some similar AAA games do.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its a very good arpg, short but sweet and with a couple interesting systems, and very good gameplay. Worth a play for sure.

Kron

Arcane
Well, Lemmy passed on to a better existence (heavy metal hell furnished with nazi memorabilia) back in December and the band disbanded, so I guess the expansion fizzled out.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Surprisingly good Looter (I don't consider Diablo an RPG). The smooth controls blend really well with this style of game and I think they did a pretty good job of making each weapon distinct (rapier was my fave since one shooting skellies with the stab flew them of the screen). It was honestly better than Torchlight 2 and probably a lot better than Diablo 3. I did enjoy doing the challenges with a friend but we stopped at the elite ones since it would have been overkill.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Motorhead expansion is coming this year, along with another expansion called Fractured Worlds and complete edition for consoles.

Motörhead: Through the Ages

Enter the world of Motörhead: Through the Ages – a wild tour through the mythos of the loudest band in the world! Harness the powers of the immortal Motörhead to defeat deadly new adversaries in three demon-infested worlds intertwined with the songs of the band.

Many years ago, Lemmy stumbled upon a twisted dimension filled with pain. Suffering under the dominion of a cruel dictator, to this world Lemmy entrusted the mighty Snaggletooth that he may defend that world… but Snaggletooth now lies silent. Join Victor as he answers the call of Lloyd Kaufman – the bartender in The Pub at the End of Time, to investigate Snaggletooth’s mysterious downfall, in this most gripping new addition to Victor Vran.

Motörhead: Through the Ages was conceived back in 2014, with all three members of the band having been active consultants in its design and development.

Fractured Worlds

Journey to the Fractured Worlds, a dimension formed from the fragments of broken realms. A perilous place for even the most experienced of hunters, explore its unfathomed depths through new levels and endless dungeons where each step proves more dangerous than the last. Continue your journey as Victor as you attempt to piece together the Astrolabe in this new, thrilling addition to Victor Vran.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sounds cool but they had no chance with new (way more) overkill Path of Exile add-on announcement.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Sounds cool but they had no chance with new (way more) overkill Path of Exile add-on announcement.
The thing is, they are not really directly competing with PoE. Victor Vran is a single player, rather casual action RPG that plays well with a controller. It is a decent game for some quick fun.

I wonder what the Motorhead will provide for the expansion. If it is just music, I will be satisfied anyway.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The thing is, they are not really directly competing with PoE. Victor Vran is a single player, rather casual action RPG what plays well with a controller. It is a decent game for some quick fun.

I wonder what the Motorhead will provide for the expansion. If it is just music, I will be satisfied anyway.

Ah ok then, I was writing previous post still under influence of vodka konnecting e-people new PoE announcement
Just hope it's better than Van Helsing trilogy/all-in-one Final Cut

Codex Year of the Donut
Had fun with it for a while. I'd recommend picking this game up for one reason: no other diablo-like comes close to victor vran in terms of controls

:4/5:

I hope the devs apply what they've learned to a more 'serious' ARPG, or at least developers of clickers diablo-likes learn from it.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
I've had a metric cunt-ton o' fun with this game and this thread is four

FOUR

pages long.

Victor Vran healthily evacuates its bowls all over Diablo 3 and I bet that thread is massive. And yes, we shit-talk the garbage far more than we praise the incline, but it ain't right.
I bet the Skyrim and Fallout 4 threads are ginormous, too.

Anyhow, the only fault this game has is the death mechanic. If you die you respawn at the last checkpoint, everything you've killed stays dead, and the whole affair is free-of-charge. Bosses do restart which leads me to speculate that regular mobs (nothing is trash) probably regenerate their health, but it's just not enough because if you're trying to finesse your way through a tough section on max difficulty, only to die and then win due to the attrition of your first attempt, you feel like you've been given a participation trophy in an already completely inconsequential hobby.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom