Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria II: A House Divided

Well, it's out and I'm downloading now. For us grognards, I figure we should share our impressions and discuss any and all improvements that have been made, as well as things that are still lacking. I'm off to class, but today will be a day of rapaciously stomping through Europe with my mighty Prussian forces!

The wait is over!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Downloading.

Also, I have a prediction on CK2: It will take 2-5 hours until the first Pagan/Muslim playability mod.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I look forward to promised better economy and performance. Esp. economy since Naselus took part in creating this.

Vaarna_Aarne

Seems a lot of the game is "under the hood", in that the changes aren't first-glance obvious. Not many new events and decisions, for example. Once I can sit for long enough, I'll play a full campaign or two, see what stuff to port over from my mod.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
I'm going to get this eventually, but I think I might wait until a patch or two unless AHD is already stellar.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ARGH it seems i am the only one that has this bug i am dealing with in game.

Every thing is running very slow after i select and army, but not when i select 2 or more armys at a time and it starts lowing DOWN fast.

spectre

Arcane
Damn. One of these days I need to get into them paradox games. Shame that they focus on grand strategy, I prefer smaller scale.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Damn. One of these days I need to get into them paradox games. Shame that they focus on grand strategy, I prefer smaller scale.

Pick a small country and go from there.
Also Crusader Kings 2 Comes out the 12th. In that you can keep things a lot more LOW scale.

It is more about running a Dynasty then it is about painting the map in your color, but if you want to then you can go and become Emperor and KING with a ton of vassals, but it is not the only thing it is about.

The UI improvements are awesome, and rally points and auto-merging is terrific. Haven't tried to forge my own DOW yet (playing as Prussia and it's only 1841) but I like the idea. I also like that it shows how an occupation or battle is going without having to click on the units involved. I think they did something to mobilization to limit it, but I've only fought Denmark so it hasn't really come up yet... I suppose I'll find out when I fight Austria. The inclusion of suppression points is pretty awesome too, hopefully that prevents the endless rebel spawns (god damn Jacobins), and they also made some changes to British India to make it less... OP (They set most of the coasts up as uncolonized). I'm curious to see how things shake out with the changes they made to China, but yeah, so far it seems like Vicky II, just better.

Harpsichord

Arcane
Yeah, I'm loving the UI improvements. Apart from what FSM mentions, I'm a huge fan of the national focus showing what percentage of total pop the pop I'm focusing on represents, as well as the ability to assign focuses from the population screen. This makes it much less choresome to achieve the proper rations of clerks, bureaucrats, and clergy.

I also feel like they got the balance between the Union and the CSA just about right in the 1861 start point. The Union starts out at a big advantage, but you can indeed win if you mobilize quick and make every fight count. I managed to win a white peace after 2 years and am currently having a bugger of a time making the CSA stand on it's own two feet in the post-war era, loving every minute of it.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I can host one. I just finished downloading AHD.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'd say EU3 is the better choice, it's more MP friendly, since in Vicky 2 you'd need to keep the game paused A LOT.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'd say EU3 is the better choice, it's more MP friendly, since in Vicky 2 you'd need to keep the game paused A LOT.

You dont NEED pauses you just wont play properly and bigger nations will have "administrative" issues. Actually that could work as an anti blobbing measure and give better chances to smaller nations.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
yes, lets use the stupid steam group. Most of us are there anyway.

Just install steam and join the codex diversity squad group.

EDIT: TO be honest I'm a bit burned out of playing EU3 mp and with the new expansion I am more than eager to start a vicky game. Also ck2 is coming in 9 days.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
AHD? More like ADHD, am I rite? :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom