Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VirtuaVerse - cyberpunk pixel point & click adventure

Volokard

Novice
Looks like we have to see how Cyberpunk 2077 turns out. Same futuristic setting with an RPG side.

grimace

Arcane
VirtuaVerse - Release Date Announcement [Official Trailer]

header.jpg

https://www.youtube com/watch?v=e8-r0lPC534

Nathan_city_steam.gif

We finally have a release date for this vaporware project.

Planned Release Date: May 12 2020
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1019310/VirtuaVerse/

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I like the inventory! Plenty of interesting items that suggest traditional adventure game puzzles.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks really nice. Visually, reminds me of The Red Strings Club for some reason -- maybe due to the dialogue font.

Maxie

I on the other hand refunded it quite quickly - the game is too inventory-heavy and the protagonist too preachy at times, getting into rants on cloud computing spying on you, victims of the system, crt being superior to lcd etc., the few puzzles I beat did not excite me at all

Regarding the aesthetic - it's the one of lo-fi chill beats compillations, a neon-coloured .gif image you admire until you don't

This may be my personal bias, but the game feels as if it was designed and produced not necessarily by adventure gamers, but by chiptune makers and hacking/tech fetishizing internet folks from 4chan or the like

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
first impression is good so far, music is great visual is great, tons of interactive stuff.

also might be a secret here:
20200514161609_1.jpg

which following the link brings me to this site:

http://mbrserver.com/

Screenshot_2020-05-14 MASTER BOOT RECORD SERVER.png

which seems like a code or something, tried bunch of stuff, but simple ASCII works:
Welcome back again where it all began
Open are the ports. Services all started.
Knock at every door and grab the missing strings
Put them in a row and crack the code to win

Scanning close the files may reveal some things
Data you can't hear. Data you can't see.
Scattered are the clues all around the disk
Some are in plain sight some you need to think

Check your mail for messages, log on IRC
Feeling old already? Oh I bet you did.
You will need some tools, look around for hacks
Talk with all the daemons hiding in the dark

Now don't be afraid. It's a simple game.
All you need are memories buried in your brain
For it's in the past where you need to start
Surfing like a pirate. I wish you good luck.

this seem like an interaction you can do in the game. anyone interested helping me solve it?

i am not a computer exprert so what does those lines below DAEMON means ? seems like bunch of network jargons but i don't really understand it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom