Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by felipepepe, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Why would you pay for it on steam, when you can get it directly? Are you enjoying the message: Steam starts in offline mode. Steam is updating...

^ Top  
  2. Red Eye Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    Two consecutive flops for Eushully.

Not a good sign for their future.

Only bright side is that neither game would have had production costs as expensive as Daiteikoku.

After fucking up from trying too do to much with Kami no Rhapsody last year I have no idea why they though six protagonists was a good idea

^ Top  
  3. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Well, can't blame them for trying to do something different...

But then again, pirates are kinda boring.

Unless we are talking about Rance of the high seas, which obviously isn't the case here (Eushully game with a good protagonist? LEL)

Also splitting the game into six routes, depending on which char you play? Never gonna work.

^ Top  
  4. Red Eye Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    Selica is pretty decent.

^ Top  
  5. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Not when it is shallow as fuck.

^ Top  
  6. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    Zero Escape 3 going to be released 28 of June. Fucking can't wait. 999 was o'right VLR on other hand was amazing and was defo longer than 999 (50h clocked at my 3ds)

^ Top  
  7. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:

Short gameplay footage. I wonder if it will get any better closer to release since animation looks pretty rough. I guess we could expect that since two previous games lacked any kind of cutscenes.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. --- Magister

---
    Parrots:
    This is the last day that in Europe Phoenix Wright Trilogy in on sale (15 €).
    Is it worth?

^ Top  
  9. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:
    Since these are three games I would say so unless you really despise visual novels. Here at least there is some interaction during and before trails, although not much.

^ Top  
  10. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    June 30 is also Japanese release date.

^ Top  
  11. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:
    Since I expected much bigger delay for english release on pc that sounds great! I just wonder who will be publisher on pc and price. Both Danganronpa were 30 bucks with 10% or 20% discount at launch. Hopefully Zero Time Dillema wont be more than 40$.

^ Top  
  12. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/311240
    Release date at end of june Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma is officially confirmed, its even 29 june thanks to difference between time zones. Price is 39.99$, probably same as 3ds/vita version. Bit high but if it will be as good and long as Virtue Last Reward it should be completely worth it, specially for people who finished previous game and 999.

^ Top  
  13. --- Magister

---
    Parrots:
    They released 999 on 3DS? I want to start the series, but it seems that on the eShop there's only Virtue...

^ Top  
  14. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:
    Because so far there are no DS game available digitally for 3ds. There are some for wii u but sadly not much, mostly nintendo games. If you cant get physical copy I would just start from VLR. It will probably be on sale before Zero Time Dilemma release.

^ Top  
  15. Malpercio Arcane

Malpercio
    Parrots:
    Worse comes to worse, emulate it on PC.

Also, 3DS is compatible with DS games (not to mention, you should CFW it already since Nintendo Region Lock)

^ Top  
  16. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:
    Well, from what I heard there are plans to bring previous games to pc but who knows how long it would take. Would be great but Chunsoft probably want to see how well Zero Time Dilemma would sell on steam.

^ Top  
  17. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:
    There is already ios port but from what I heard some content was removed. I guess its the thing you are talking about, could you be more specific in spoiler tag?

^ Top  
  18. flyingjohn Arcane

flyingjohn
    Parrots:
    No need for spoilers, the only thing that was removed in the ios version were puzzles.Which is a big problem considering that was the only gameplay element.
    And the dual screen thing can easily be made for other platforms.

^ Top  
  19. Theldaran Scholar

Theldaran
    Parrots:
    If you wanna play 999, try DraStic on Android. Assuming you can grab a decent tablet or something like that, that is. Or maybe if you have a mammoth phone.

^ Top  
  20. Red Eye Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    Would people classify 999 as an adventure game rather than a VN?

^ Top  
  21. TigerKnee Prophet

TigerKnee
    Parrots:
    It has puzzles, but I don't remember exploration being there in 999 - even Phoenix Wright has a lot more of that and it's toe-ing the line.

^ Top  
  22. Martius Arbiter

Martius
    Parrots:
    Looks like I should try Root Double then since I heard good things about Ever17 but never played it.

On the other hand, looks like Spikechunsoft is teasing something again. I wonder what it could be?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. --- Magister

---
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  24. flyingjohn Arcane

flyingjohn
    Parrots:
    Don't get your hopes up,it will probably be the ios version.(which is by far the worst version of 999)

^ Top  
  25. Red Eye Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    the fuck?

Lucina?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)