Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Speaking of which, I can see a lot of people disliking the clipping issue. So maybe the best solution is to have smooth movement switched off by default in the released game. It'll play even more like Wizardry 7.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore, there are 10 people who agree with this, so it may be something to consider.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
For those people, maybe there isn't any ON THIS forum, but there is a link to a demo on RPG Watch some guy on Steam pointed my way.

Oh - and Codex too I just found it

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...by-is-back-grimoire-superdemo-released.87519/
I am fear to click the demo.exe.

I got it working and the game looks quite interesting - apart from the crashes.

Anyone know what software I need to download, I think my system is missing something.

Mech

Cipher
As of this post he has 1745 yes votes which should put it at that 100% mark of reaching the top 100.

EDIT: According to Cleve anyway.

Apexeon

Arcane
Gals and Guys i wish you fun with the game, if it is released. But i get an eye cancer from this:
CAA2133B946957FF13660AE3CC37E32BB6C6D8D7

Hit the Acid man it will all make sense.

Apexeon

Arcane
Will there be gay romance options with male NPCs? Can gay romances travel with you? How will this topple Bioware's gay romance options? Will my gay male PC have the option of gay romancing Lightning from FF13?

BTW: Voted!

BTW: Does the animation editor allow editing in gay romance?

I am hoping MCA will be an NPC I can gay romance in the game.

Gay is so last decade.

Where is my Trans romancing!

I thought the new hip thing was fucking abstract geometrical objects that identify as children?

PS. Will Grimoire feature romancing abstract geometrical objects that identify as toddlers?

I guess ToN upped the game by having us massage a aliens ass. Fargo is so ahead of the curve.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
The superdemo was crashing because of a bug in the Fastgraph library that showed as a page fault at random arbitrary moments in modern Windows, particularly on 64 bit. Ted Gruber sent me a fully patched new version 6.0 to replace my former 5.0 library.

We are not neckbeard gloryhole "Grimoire Manastorm" mega-ofay joke game development. WE ARE GRIMOIRE. There will be none of this Early Access crap. None. Next version of Grimoire you play will be full release version complete intact no messing around.

Now at #89 out of 3000+ games on Greenlight and climbing steadily. Never actually did a real announcement/press release for the Steam Greenlight page. Current position driven entirely by word-of-mouth.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
The superdemo was crashing because of a bug in the Fastgraph library that showed as a page fault at random arbitrary moments in modern Windows, particularly on 64 bit. Ted Gruber sent me a fully patched new version 6.0 to replace my former 5.0 library.

We are not neckbeard gloryhole "Grimoire Manastorm" mega-ofay joke game development. WE ARE GRIMOIRE. There will be none of this Early Access crap. None. Next version of Grimoire you play will be full release version complete intact no messing around.
Next version of Grimoire you play will be full release version complete intact no messing around.
Next version of Grimoire you play
You failed to mention when we will be able to play the next version.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
If the price is somewhere around $39 (which I suspect), even with 10.000 copies it'll be about $300.000.

After deducting expenses for the game that will leave me with enough money for a bowl of rice and beans so I can begin work on Grimoire II.
Don't forget that you once promised us a lovecraftian game, you big fat cuck 'Thal of RPG Incline.
At least include some good ol' Cosmic Horror in G2. For greater justice of the gentleman from Providence.
:mrpresident:
I have pitched the idea for the Lovecraft turn-based isometric to my wife a dozen times and she is encouraging me to do it every time the subject comes up of what to work on after Grimoire is out. I showed her a little demo a while back and she said it would be another idea whose time has come. Somebody tried to do a phased combat Lovecraft but frankly it just wasn't happening. No mention of the title but big disappointment after buying it. Mine would be absolutely better and much more atmospheric. The biggest spoiler which I have been trying desperately for years to keep inside without blurting it out is recruiting H.P. Lovecraft as a party member from his hospital bed in Providence as he lies dying from stomach cancer. Of course your Miskatonic team will consist of at least one black professor from Miskatonic creating endless opportunities for lulz. "Professor Zebinar, I defer to your expertise in picking the lock of this door." "Whatzat cracka? I got a PH.d. in theology and cosmology but you just assume I would know something about breaking into houses? Why is dat?" (Cut to closeup of Lovecraft sweating awkwardly, eyes darting back and forth) Of course at the end we would show H.P. as having grown out of his prejudices and parting good friends with the Professor.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Next version of Grimoire you play will be full release version complete intact no messing around.

A date set in steel will be posted the microsecond the game gets green lighted. May 2017. This time, we're serious.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

A date set in steel will be posted the microsecond the game gets green lighted. May 2017. This time, we're serious.
Pinkie promise?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
This time, we're serious.

I think this might actually be it. When Cleve is not stomping trolls on the Steam thread he's actually answering questions in a serious manner. There's enough interest on Greenlight that it may just push him through the final barrier to the land of perpetual incline.

I'm having a bad dejavu right now.

Lalalalalala... Nonononono....

Weasel
I'm having a bad dejavu right now.

Although it seems like incline that there will be no early access and the full game will be released in all its glory, in a way it would be nice to get the current build of the game pushed out as early access as soon as the game is greenlit. Because now I'm dreading a microissue counter before the "May" release. :negative:

Chamezero

"Congratulation Cleve you were the only genuinely entertaining person in this shitpile of a community. I also appreciate that you harbor strong anti-hitler feelings despite your odd political opinions which is more than I can say for some InXile employees."

Severian Silk

I think CMB should delay the release of this game until he creates a widescreen interface.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom