Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Weasel
It's not all fun and games though, news of Grimoire's triumphant release is triggering sensitive souls and awakening suppressed traumatic memories across the globe

aMAkNMo.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
lmao what kind of a nostalgia train riding faggot would even want to play a blobber in 2017

get on with the times

I started to play Wizardry 8 a week ago, never played blobbers before.

Also, I voted YES yesterday. Was glad to see Cleve implemented my advice for smoother movement, that was big issue for me.

hivemind

I started to play Wizardry 8 a week ago, never played blobbers before.

Also, I voted YES yesterday. Was glad to see Cleve implemented my advice for smoother movement, that was big issue for me.
You are right.

I take back my previous post.

Liking blobbers is not an issue caused by nostalgiafaggotry but by mental retardation and complete lack of taste.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
This has no real relation to anything but I was shopping for books and I randomly came across a review (almost as old as Grimoire) by one "Cleve Blakemore" for the novel "The Camp of the Saints" which was written in the 1970's and tells how white, Western society will be permanently destroyed from mass third world immigration.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/R3RISPA1P5SQR7?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

Small world!

:ehue:

That would be that stuff in the headlines every day now. Except I was keenly aware of what was happening around me 20 years ago. Everybody else started to think about it recently, too. 20 years too late to do them any good at all.

jungl

Augur
This game looks like one I'll either love and invest in dozens of hours or get pissed off by the UI at the get go.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Lawsuit from Sirotek when?

That would finally break them financially. I'd love to run the court through my design with the source on an overhead projector. I would bring in documentation proof of my 4-sigma IQ and then show them a CT scan of my brain. Even the judge would be looking over at the Siroteks shaking his head. He'd be thinking ... so ... you thought this guy wasn't bright enough for this kind of work? You just let him walk away?

The original shrink at Virginia University is still alive who ran me through my first IQ test at 9. When that was over and I came out all the staff were looking at me like a Keter-class SCP quarantine candidate. I could bring him in and have him testify I am one of the brightest children ever born on the Eastern seaboard of the United States according to standardized testing. He'd have a good laugh at ordinary people suggesting I wasn't bright enough to write my own RPG from scratch. A real good laugh. "You all don't seem to understand. This child is not trapped here with us. We are trapped here with him."

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
#64 out of the top 100 games on Greenlight and continuing to climb. The metrics on the charts showing our graph line beside other projects in the top ten show all these gradual slopes over 30 days and most of them did not hit Grimoire's count right now (Day #2) until the 20th day or so. The yellow line for Grimoire is almost vertical, as if it is shattering the Y-Axis forever, no longer needing it. It is already going into the stratosphere. If you project the curve for our eventual YES count ... you're gonna need a bigger chart my friends. A much bigger chart.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That's all well and good, Cleve, and personally I don't believe you lifted or kept any code for yourself from SoA (for that would have been monumentally stupid), but jcd's claim that there are multiple references to Sir-Tech in the decompiled code (of I assume the Super Demo) is an interesting and, I must admit, plausible one. I mean you had the means and the motive and, of course, the time.

Comment on that, specifically?

Weasel
Cleve giving the press some tough love

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [author] Just now
I will do an interview with Matt Barton after the game has been released. You're not a game developer until people are playing your game. The week following the release of Grimoire I will do an interview with Matt. The rest of the media, any of them found on the secret Star Chamber Game Journos Pro list exposed at Breitbart I won't do interviews with. If your name is on that list I do not believe you are a good person and will not talk to you.

Weasel
That's all well and good, Cleve, and personally I don't believe you lifted or kept any code for yourself from SoA (for that would have been monumentally stupid), but jcd's claim that there are multiple references to Sir-Tech in the decompiled code (of I assume the Super Demo) is an interesting and, I must admit, plausible one. I mean you had the means and the motive and, of course, the time.

Would be nice if JCD could produce this evidence, then we can all make up our minds. Vague insinuations don't really help anyone.

Weasel
I think you're forgetting that he self-ejected. Plus that thread on Steam got axed. Maybe he can create an account at RPG Watch?

I didn't forget that, although he's already stated he'll return here to 'collect his bets', so starting a new Dex account (or using his old one) is clearly not beyond him. Why didn't he post the evidence (or link to it) when that CDS thread kicked off on Steam? He's been saying this for a while now, I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Cleve giving the press some tough love

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [author] Just now
I will do an interview with Matt Barton after the game has been released. You're not a game developer until people are playing your game. The week following the release of Grimoire I will do an interview with Matt. The rest of the media, any of them found on the secret Star Chamber Game Journos Pro list exposed at Breitbart I won't do interviews with. If your name is on that list I do not believe you are a good person and will not talk to you.
Nice, I very much enjoy Matt's videos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom