Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher W3EE - Overhaul mod to TW3 that fixed everything that was wrong with vanilla game.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm not sure how equipment or character progression works on The Witcher III (and how the mod reworks that, for that matter), but one thing I hated about The Witcher was that you could pretty much max a lot of different skill trees and there wasn't any reason to choose between the different weapons available.
The mod changes char progression a lot. Now you gain points by using skills. I can't say the char progression is better, just less boring - since there are no trees, you just buy whatever you feel like.

The problem with witcher 3 vanilla items is that there were so many, but most were useless.

This mod makes all the items fairly similar in damage output (so that there is not a 700+ point difference between them), but repairing them is costly. I've had to swap out my better sword for a lesser sword due to not having the damage output or the ability to repair it at the moment.

As with vanilla, different swords have different effects and you can modify them differently, which should lead to more choices, I expect.

Perkel

Arcane
forgot to try: can you perfect block large monster, like griffin or bear? Asking as if you time your block well and enemy is not attacking from behind, you can perfect block even dude doing power attack with 2h axe.

If yes it means that new dmg avoidance is actually easier... Think about: to dodge in vanila you need to dodge in right moment AND do it in right direction. In W3EE you can hit block in right moment to block attack of any strength from any direction(but behind) AND retaliate for small dmg slash/kick.

Also it is now something that heavily relies on poise stat (which didn't exist in vanilla). Poise gives you ability to both go through someone defense without being interrupted AND being able to block etc bigger attacks but wearing heavy armor costs a lot stamina regeneration. You can check poise stat in inventory > character stats. Bulk of poise comes from armor but toxicity is also able to increase it.

You can't perfect block (meaning without damage but you will still do counterattack) dudes with axes or some of the large monster attacks but there are skills that mitigate damage received in such way when you try to block. Also it requires perfect block which isn't easy and can have huge consequences if you miss.

Secondly you forget about stamina. IT is no longer infinite. Big monsters hit hard and they usually string attacks. So your stamina will be quickly running out.

Lambchop19, I was looking on the comments section of w3ee and one of these comments said that if one wishes to powerplay he should leave the place of power last.

Is there any chance you could, as asked by one of the user in the forum's page "make it so that the place of power bonus is added on top of what you already got, and not summed? So one doesn't leave them last to "optimize" builds."

Perkel

Arcane
found new nice diagram for cool build type weapon:
Basically Yrden/heavy type of build

yOb8T5K.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Nice they changed price for going to Skellige from 2000 to 300 crowns makes much more fucking sense than before considering "royal" reward for finding ciri in vanilla was like 1000 or something like that.

forgot to try: can you perfect block large monster, like griffin or bear? Asking as if you time your block well and enemy is not attacking from behind, you can perfect block even dude doing power attack with 2h axe.

If yes it means that new dmg avoidance is actually easier... Think about: to dodge in vanila you need to dodge in right moment AND do it in right direction. In W3EE you can hit block in right moment to block attack of any strength from any direction(but behind) AND retaliate for small dmg slash/kick.
Also it is now something that heavily relies on poise stat (which didn't exist in vanilla). Poise gives you ability to both go through someone defense without being interrupted AND being able to block etc bigger attacks but wearing heavy armor costs a lot stamina regeneration. You can check poise stat in inventory > character stats. Bulk of poise comes from armor but toxicity is also able to increase it.

You can't perfect block (meaning without damage but you will still do counterattack) dudes with axes or some of the large monster attacks but there are skills that mitigate damage received in such way when you try to block. Also it requires perfect block which isn't easy and can have huge consequences if you miss.

Secondly you forget about stamina. IT is no longer infinite. Big monsters hit hard and they usually string attacks. So your stamina will be quickly running out.
lukaszek maybe you should check your poise stat. because iirc, you said in shoutbox that you practiced dodge for 12 hours. Maybe you jacked your poise stat up to crazy levels and broke your char.

I tell you, I can't perfect block even 50% of the time, so this isn't anywhere near an issue for me.

found new nice diagram for cool build type weapon:
Basically Yrden/heavy type of build

yOb8T5K.jpg
Kewl. 3 seconds is a bit overkill if you want the sword to actually be useable though.

Lambchop19, I was looking on the comments section of w3ee and one of these comments said that if one wishes to powerplay he should leave the place of power last.

Is there any chance you could, as asked by one of the user in the forum's page "make it so that the place of power bonus is added on top of what you already got, and not summed? So one doesn't leave them last to "optimize" builds."
I think that'd involve changing the way levelups are calculated and would be far more complicated than I'm willing (or likely able) to do as it'd require a serious time commitment from me to figure it out.

My previous "modding" just involved deleting a few lines of code. I actually spent more time figuring out how to zip the file and retain the folder structure without any of the other files. (Which I didn't really figure out, I just copied the folder and did a search and deleted the files I didn't modify.)

edit: besides, there's not really any point to power gaming here. You can just go into the mod menu and change the multipliers etc to max your stats in the end if that's really your goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkel

Arcane

PoP are taken into account in how you develop your power.

Skills aside from one don't grant Sign Intensity. That comes mostly from gear you wear. That one skill will grant you like max 25% increased intensity which isn't really a lot compared to vanilla.

So to create great casting build you need PoP bonus which you can make permament with general skill, gear which makes you specialize in some skills, mutagens and lastly skill in that order.

The health regen on the hounds of the wild hunt is INSANE. 100+ points per second?

Is there some way to neutralize this that I am missing?

That stupid which scene was annoying enough without fighting a bunch of overgrown rats that regenerate by crazy amounts after you damage them about halfway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, so I finally realized that I never had strong attacks bound (though I seemed to be able to use them sometimes anyway).

Strong attacks are how you take them out easier, though that regen is still OP.

Perkel

Arcane
Yes use rend dude. Half stamina in one rend takes about half HP for most of people.
Also Whirl is now really fucking great, though you can't use it like in vanilla. You need strategically first tire oponent (kicks are great at that) and then when his stamina goes to almost 0 use whirl.

Yeah, using strong attacks are the way to get it done. Also, my weapons were worn out. I ended up halfing the wild hunt's health because I was tired of the reload screen and there was no autosave between the 3 portals. Next time I should come prepared with bombs and keep my gear in shape.

Things are much easier now that I'm using a proper mix of strong and fast attacks.

Easy fights are still easy, exploits are still exploitable, but overall the game is a much more enjoyable and nonlinear experience.

It really becomes a go anywhere, do anything game, but it will still butcher you if you wander around low level and unprepared.

21 new version (releases) since march.

Great job

Edit: Actually there are a few more hotfix that weren't counted as new version, but whatever

am i retarded or is this mod very very tough? i struggled with the first fight, i had to hide behind the tree and let the other witcher do all the killing otherwise i was dead in three hits. it must be my fault, i was playing on "normal" :V

deama

Prophet
am i retarded or is this mod very very tough? i struggled with the first fight, i had to hide behind the tree and let the other witcher do all the killing otherwise i was dead in three hits. it must be my fault, i was playing on "normal" :V
Ye it's kinda hard in the beginning cause you don't have many things to use against them, e.g. oils, bombs, or are even used to the new combat system.

Unless you want to slog through it, I'd advise to tweak some settings in the menu for the mod.

i put the difficulty to the supposed real normal, which is anyway harder than the real second last difficulty. i hope whoever coined "losing is fun" is suffering the most horrible plains on this world.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's a shame I only just found this because I've completed the base game twice, no way I can bring myself to slog through this game again.

so, the tutorial is impossible without cheating. on the second easiest difficulty level the noonwraith threeshots me, takes a shitload of damage, regenerates like crazy, doesn't stagger under heavy hits, can't be parried.
i don't even like the progression, most of the unlocks are power-ups and not new tricks, new mechanics. but this is supposed to be the most different experience between itself and ghost mod.

Squid

Arbiter
Does EE really make this game that much harder? I know it's not a very difficult game to begin with but that last comment makes me wonder.
Might use it for the second playthrough I do of this game later on down the line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom