Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Witcher W3EE - Overhaul mod to TW3 that fixed everything that was wrong with vanilla game.

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Perkel, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Perkel's or mine?

this is mine:
    https://files.catbox.moe/wpzgum.zip

It's probably not the same as the latest version, but it could/might still work, so long as it's version 4.XX as well (since I updated it at version 4.42). backup files first just in case.

Or you could just search for these two files and remove all references to the "killplayerforlolz" script (may not be spelled right here, but just look for it in the "w3ee" tags and you'll find it).

I think Perkel was talking about this file:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2459/?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    ^ Top  
  2. Mlci20 Barely Literate

Mlci20
    i talk about perkels about that companion mod , a have problem to launch that with w3ee

^ Top  
  3. Mlci20 Barely Literate

Mlci20
    it sad to me this shit Error [modw3eemain]local\w3ee - imports.ws(6): Class 'CEntityTemplate' was already exported. and dont know what to do with that

^ Top  
  4. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    no idea.

the recommended solution is to merge the mod by hand, basically modding any of W3EE's conflicting files with the modifications from the mod you want.

^ Top  
  5. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Tried to do that with latest version of W3EE (i mean companion mod) and after hour i just gave up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. SkiNNyBane Learned Patron

SkiNNyBane
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Yea I tried doing the same. They both change so much shit that you basically need to figure out what everything does. I gave up.

^ Top  
  7. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    So now I am completely confused about Ghost mod and EE
    So, if I wanted a Morrowind or Gothic like experience which of these mods comes closer to that “a goblin is a goblin” feeling?

^ Top  
  8. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    Well, I installed EE and I'm really impressed with how it removes nearly all the retarded shit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    W3EE. Ghost is basically reworked vanilla which means that lvl 50 drowner will pummel your lvl1 geralt like it was some kind of dragon.
    In W3EE there are no levels anymore and drowners are drowners, wolves are wolves etc.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Butter Learned

Butter
    I've only played a couple hours of Witcher 3. Would it be a good idea for me to use this mod?

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Andhaira Arcane

Andhaira
    Doesn't that change the entire game? Won't that break something?

If not, why the fuck did CDPR go with level scaling in the original TW3, especially after the famed backlash against Oblivion which had a similar problem?

^ Top  
  12. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Vanilla game doesn't scale anything. It just have shitty leveling system where everything about 5lvl above you gets like 1000% more life and huge defense boost while everything below 5 levels gets negative life and defense.

As for W3EE they removed levels but they also removed gear levels. Which means that your basic sword is more or less as good as your best sword. The difference comes now from build you are creating. So if you build around freeze that gives you boost not some number on sword.

Thanks to this many weapons and types of weapon became viable. For example blunt weapons are pretty nice for golems so it is worthwile to have such piece in case of those. On other hand many relic weapons really now feel like different thing. So you have for example silver sword focused on fighting wrights, does half the damage but it completely disables wrights invisibility state for rest of fight. But it is pretty shit on anything other than them.

So unlike vanilla it feels like you are playing actual witcher that looks for keys to solve problems instead of just power and better armor. Since relic weapons now are expensive (each relic weapon needs expensive refurbish) and costly to maintain you also have reason to use non relic weapons.

Similar stuff with armor. Armor is categorized like vanilla into light, medium, heavy and all play differently but 2 pieces of heavy armor from start and end game will be pretty much the same defense wise outside of few hard to get ones.

Imho the best feature of W3EE is how they were able to make exploration worthwile. Thanks to mentioned relic system finding one imminently fires up your snake brain trying to predict what special ability will have and what resources that relic will need to refurbish all in all cursing that you are out of crowns because everthing in W3EE now costs arm and leg and stuff you sell hardly give you money.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Carrion Arcane Patron

Carrion
    Except loot, which fucks up itemization beyond belief.

Another massive issue with vanilla TW3's shitty level system is that, unless the player is a cretin, Geralt grows in power much faster than enemies do. The power curve is insane, and I can't believe someone actually approved of it. Level 3 drowners can fuck up a level 3 Geralt quite easily, but when you reach level 10 or so and have access to some decent abilities, mutagens, potions and equipment, everything in your level range will be a cakewalk, and you have to go searching for skull monsters to find an interesting encounter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)