Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War of the Worlds, with Patrick Steward

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
What? An adventure-puzzle-platform game based on a classic novel, narrated by Patrick Stewart, and with a strong resemblance to Out of this World?

I must still be asleep.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I figure it'll be out on PC (via Steam) around this time next year.

Slightly overpriced for its value.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wow this looks pretty cool, thanks Wulfstand!
The art and sounddesign is amazing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Looks like a great indie game. Though it's a shame it doesn't use the actual time frame of the novel, late 19th century England is part of what makes the story so special among all the alien invasion stories.

Erzherzog

Magister
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Looks like a great indie game.

And yet it was published by a major movie company, as the commentator noted. To me, that is just bizarre. The game has nothing of that action, instant gratification that makes publishers feel safe. Why would they go for this, and more importantly, is this the exact type of game they're looking to publish?

Shame about the time setting though. Late 1800s are simply not allowed in games apparently.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
They probably missed the end of 90s. 80s and 90s had tons of shitty platformers based on movies. The weird part is that this one seems to be pretty decent.

Erzherzog

Magister
Awor Szurkrarz said:
They probably missed the end of 90s. 80s and 90s had tons of shitty platformers based on movies. The weird part is that this one seems to be pretty decent.

Well, to be expected. In the 80s and 90s in America the platformer was the go to game style. You had Sonic and Mario being the AAA games and then you had the Crash Bandicoot series and stuff like that, but were a decade past that.

Peter

Arcane
Inconsistent art design is the only real complaint I have after watching that vid. There are a lot of places that look like walkable ground, but there's really nothing there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom