Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Thunder : WoP - simmers wet dream

last nail in the coffin: lockboxes.
sooooooo saaaaaad.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Stronk vatnik is stronk:

Dietolog, as a community manager, was asked to participate in a subversive hate campaign as early as December 2013 against Wargaming’s competitor, Gaijin Entertainment, the developer of War Thunder. The campain was funnily enough called “G-spot” (WG has a sense of humor, I’ll give them that) and the entire leaked document is accessible here. It’s in Russian of course. The basic udea is that Wargaming-paid hate trolls were supposed to systematically attack Gaijin sites, forums, social network pages and fan pages and spread anti-War Thunder propaganda.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/27/how-wargaming-sabotages-competition-war-thunder

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Works for me. It's not really all that surprising. Just wargaming.net paid shills to be asswipes towaeds the competition.

Wild Slop

Arcane
last nail in the coffin: lockboxes.
sooooooo saaaaaad.
You're a Raider of the Lost Grimoire (or in the Codex Cryptic Immaterium chat anyway) aren't you? Is this just some understandable griping or is any interest you have in this game lost?

I ask because I remembered that I still have a gift card for this game and since Norfleet told me he had no intention of playing this I put it out of my head.. it still should be good ( i hope) and I want give Kool Kid Klub members priority ( Conquer Club, Immaterium, Codex Movie Night crew) .

If none of my own want to lay claim I will give it to ... I don't know either whoever wants it or whoever hates commies the most, something like that.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Oh, that's nice.

Also, I'm Polish and by definition hate commies.

Wild Slop

Arcane
A $50 card for War Thunder and 2 separate $50 credits for other games from same company. It came with a video card I got a couple months ago. I just rechecked and it should be good till September as far as what I can make of it.
So unless there are any hang ups on my personal account info / billing proof from newegg or and bullshit like that it should be a simple redeem link and code entree.

I do have some interest in this type of game but I'll save that for the one from Obsidian. In fact I intend to sign up for Armored Warfare beta some day soon.

If MadMaxHellfire doesn't want it I will pm you the info.

Destroid

Arcane
Alright, just had a game with 12 kills in the Ju 87 with 6 cannons. It's hilarious that people will still go head on against it, considering it's flight performance is so godamn awful.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I'm waiting for world war mode....... currently it's just like playing wot or wowp and playing a more realistic game in arena battles is not so fun.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Guys, I have a question regarding the planes. I started playing with them and I'm constantly doing the same mission over and over again, the ground attack one. What gives?

Luka-boy

Arcane
Are you playing in Arcade Battles? Because at least in those you should also get a kind of mission where you have to conquer and hold airports.

I know they are experimenting lately by changing some game modes a bit in different difficulties, but I doubt they've outright taken out that mission in Arcade.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Well, it's not there right now.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm getting those type of missions.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Holy shit-faced Batman, the Jap planes are all but useless.

Destroid

Arcane

There's a few strong early aicraft like the Ki-45 ko, Ki-43-II and A6M2 floatplane, but mostly yes they are awful. Lately I've been destroying everything in the Yak-9T, it's 37mm is ridiculously good.

Norfleet

Yeah, that kinda happened in real life, too. The Japanese did not adequately invest in having good aircraft. They lost a lot lof their pilots as a result, which made their situation even worse.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Yeah, that kinda happened in real life, too. The Japanese did not adequately invest in having good aircraft. They lost a lot lof their pilots as a result, which made their situation even worse.
I know, but I though there would be some semblance of balance at the very least.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You guys are joking right? Few Japanese models are one of the best planes in the game and in world war 2 also, like the a6m2 and ki-84.
Maybe you are just playing arcade? war thunder starts from realistic battles.

Norfleet

You guys are joking right? Few Japanese models are one of the best planes in the game and in world war 2 also, like the a6m2 and ki-84.
Yeah, the Zero was a pretty nice plane, although it didn't keep up well over the course of the war, and, well, it exploded really easily.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Not mentioning N1K which basicly facerolled everything on it's tier.
+ Jap planes are superb turnfighters.

Therefore, I wouldn't call them "useless". Every nation has its flaws and stronger sides.

Destroid

Arcane
Not mentioning N1K which basicly facerolled everything on it's tier.
+ Jap planes are superb turnfighters.

Therefore, I wouldn't call them "useless". Every nation has its flaws and stronger sides.

I haven't got to the N1K yet (sitting on high end A6M and Ki-61) but the slow turn fighters are not effective at this tier against much faster aircraft. Especially since the jp planes are made of paper.

Norfleet

Especially since the jp planes are made of paper.
Yup, that was their real-life deficiency also. There are stories from Japanese pilots about how they emptied their guns into an American plane, and yet the thing was still flying, while a Japanese plane would have been a fireball under that kind of treatment.

To this day, Japanese products are STILL like that: Elaborately and elegantly made, but if anything compromises the manufacturing or it takes any damage, it's useless and you probably can't even fix it. This is why we had this phase after the war in which Japanese products were all crap...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom