Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Warbanners - turn-based tactics from the developers of Drums of War

Lagi

Savant

FIrst look ehh... dont know what I expect "review"? 1st mission is most boring, 2nd is way better. IMO its better to dl demo that watch someone else play it on yt

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

FIrst look ehh... dont know what I expect "review"? 1st mission is most boring, 2nd is way better. IMO its better to dl demo that watch someone else play it on yt

His game play is terrible. Dueling against the opponents, instead of overwhelming them few at a time using the flanking mechanics.
Anyways he will be doing LP of the whole 9 mission demo which is only available for youtubers. (Sometimes I wish I had less scruples to lie).

Lagi

Savant
Those circles are garbage. It gives the graphic even more artificial look than it has now.

some news about new mechanics? what about smoke potion or spell that reduce targets stamina? or you dont add new elements? current amount of elements is fine.
you plan to give additional functionality for defensive stance (increase ally evasion or aggro the attack from nearby hex)? this skill is underused.

please change first mission (give unit some random potion) or let it be skip able (in briefing options), because its bore me to death.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Those circles are garbage. It gives the graphic even more artificial look than it has now.

some news about new mechanics? what about smoke potion or spell that reduce targets stamina? or you dont add new elements? current amount of elements is fine.
you plan to give additional functionality for defensive stance (increase ally evasion or aggro the attack from nearby hex)? this skill is underused.

please change first mission (give unit some random potion) or let it be skip able (in briefing options), because its bore me to death.

I also think that without circles is better. But many like them. Will be disabled in the settings.

I will hardly add new mechanics.

I have not yet decided about the change in Defansive Stance.

Why give a random potion?

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
I'm very upset that many players shoot at a crowd of fighters and then lament the low efficiency of the archers. In order to put an end to this lawlessness, I decided to draw red icons over all the interference allies. Does it look normal?

And I made a display on the control panel of the actual characteristics (green numbers). I also want to paint all the modifiers that affect the characteristics while hovering the cursor.

qjJHeY4mDYg.jpg

Lagi

Savant
green number in right panel are nice addition.

red shield might be a good solution, because it only appear when you select archer.

Norfleet

I'm very upset that many players shoot at a crowd of fighters and then lament the low efficiency of the archers. In order to put an end to this lawlessness, I decided to draw red icons over all the interference allies. Does it look normal?
Shouldn't shooting at a crowd of fighters be MORE effective, given that even if you don't hit one guy specifically aimed at, you'll hit SOMEBODY? I think that the players are justfiably annoyed if the archers don't hit SOMEBODY in that scenario.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Shouldn't shooting at a crowd of fighters be MORE effective, given that even if you don't hit one guy specifically aimed at, you'll hit SOMEBODY? I think that the players are justfiably annoyed if the archers don't hit SOMEBODY in that scenario.

If you make the arrow hit the random target, example: The archer shoots at the enemy, and next to him is an ally. With an 80% chance, the arrow will fly to the enemy, and with a 20% chance of being an ally. So, with what chance do we hit the enemy? With a chance of 0.8 * (0.5 + 0.05 * (Accuracy - Evasion)). We have a penalty, which is now, plus the likelihood of getting into an ally. I.e., in fact, we simply forbid shooting at the fighting units...

Norfleet

If you make the arrow hit the random target, example: The archer shoots at the enemy, and next to him is an ally. With an 80% chance, the arrow will fly to the enemy, and with a 20% chance of being an ally. So, with what chance do we hit the enemy? With a chance of 0.8 * (0.5 + 0.05 * (Accuracy - Evasion)). We have a penalty, which is now, plus the likelihood of getting into an ally. I.e., in fact, we simply forbid shooting at the fighting units...
Well, what it SHOULD be is that you'd have a (0.5 + 0.05 * (Acc - Ev - Cover)) chance of hitting the enemy, but if you DON'T hit an enemy, projectiles have to go SOMEWHERE. As such, it shouldn't matter whether there is an ally or an enemy next to the enemy at all, unless you miss. If your miss was due to Evasion, then your shot was actually on target, and therefore, will not hit any anything between you and the enemy, only things that come afterwards, because the enemy moved out of the way. If you missed because of cover, then you hit the cover, which could be an ally, or an enemy, or the enemy's shield, or a rock/tree. If you missed completely without the influence of any of these factors, then your shot is now a dangerous stray bullet that could hit anything downrange.

Firing into units engaged in melee should absolutely be allowed...perhaps you just don't care very much about the fighting units. Perhaps yours is immune to bullets for some reason. I see someone with a wizard staff, so you could very well have buffed someone to be immune to bullets. Perhaps neither of them are even yours. Screw 'em!

Lagi

Savant
Forget about "projectile physics", its too late for that. The game is playable now.
Crasleen games You should now spend your time on creating shit-ton of mission each with few starting variants.
Hope you earn enough to make Trumpets of War - please no 3d render graphic, no humans as controllable faction.

Trash Player

Scholar
The engine change is awesome. It runs much smoother than DoW. I love that to death but potion wars are kinda tiresome, looking forward how the revamped potions play out.
My snippet on the revamped level up choices:
I like how the increased granularity in to-hit system; invincible veteran assassins are no more. Hp is kinda attractive.
Morale and stamina are quite meek, seeing that potions that help these are very good for the buck/smiths (these stunties are way too good) spamming is possible.
Unless you give enemy casters a group despair spell. :P
MR got doubled, not sure if it is relevant, we shall see.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Thank you.

Hardly polish...

I considered many variants of shooting. In the future, perhaps I will change it. But in Warbanners I will not change it. It's too late for such serious innovations.

After the release, I will probably do 2 mini-campaigns (DLC). For the orcs and for the undead.

The toad can be called.

Group despair will not be :)

I have already said that in Warbanner I try to eliminate all the roughness of the Drums of War.

Potion wars should not be. I remade almost all the potions. Added a different number of slots for potions.

Next week I will order proofreading of the technical text. But if someone is ready to help with it - tell me. The text in the google-tables.

Lagi

Savant
After the release, I will probably do 2 mini-campaigns (DLC). For the orcs and for the undead.

What about rat-men's?
Campaing could be about trying to survive remnants of rat clan. Spreading the plague. Obtaining new parts for doom machinery. You could have diseased rats, armored rats, rat monk, rat assasins lurking in shadows, rat mutant, rat swarm, rat alchemist (throwing explosives), clan rat (poor infantry), old rat scientist (deploy with some machinery). Party could be leed by rat-lord, a "developed being", trying to save his comrades from extermination, who is disgust be omnipresent violence (kill only in self-defence ofc) and very "misunderstood" by "bald monkeys".

I cant recall any game where I can lead rat troops. And I think there is some significant fan audience for such breed.
Am I Wrong Taka-Haradin puolipeikko ?

Trash Player

Scholar
I like to help with the tooltips proofreading, how can I find the text?
Btw, are you willing to do pre-order with an extended beta bonus? or just call it early access?
WB is day-1-purchase for fans like us, and I assume you can use the early sales?

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
About Ratmans... Warhammer... No sorry. I do not want to violate copyrights :cool: And we do not have models for these units.

About EA. I do not want to release an unfinished game. Maybe I'll change my mind later.

I like to help with the tooltips proofreading, how can I find the text?

Many thanks! Text for proofreading, part 1 (near 20% total volume of text for proofreading):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MsbT1agjjX2nTrrPUhOKijJsdkS-MmHZU0QkK_QFT1I/edit#gid=0
Please, correct column "english profreading".
# - character for the line break. Dont touch him.

Trash Player

Scholar
People, go check that link and shit on my 3-pennies writing! I added in some not-proofread in it, just to give extra tips and spices. Some terms are re-coinned to more fitting to anglophone grognards. I also capitalized context-sensitive keywords, or at least I think I do if not making it unreadable. Not sure if it is any good but feedback is much needed.
Can I use = , Vlad? It wouldn't screw up the format, right?
I really want to explain the Illumination in that tooltip but I am not too sure what is the exact mechanic in WB, so I kinda put in my understanding of DoW.
Are Gates still going to be operated by winch in WB? If that is so, some additional polish can be done.
If It is well received, can you give the extended press demo to bros here? We surely want that and seeing some twitchers played it half-heartedly gives me very green eyes! :P

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
People, go check that link and shit on my 3-pennies writing! I added in some not-proofread in it, just to give extra tips and spices. Some terms are re-coinned to more fitting to anglophone grognards. I also capitalized context-sensitive keywords, or at least I think I do if not making it unreadable. Not sure if it is any good but feedback is much needed.
Can I use = , Vlad? It wouldn't screw up the format, right?
I really want to explain the Illumination in that tooltip but I am not too sure what is the exact mechanic in WB, so I kinda put in my understanding of DoW.
Are Gates still going to be operated by winch in WB? If that is so, some additional polish can be done.
If It is well received, can you give the extended press demo to bros here? We surely want that and seeing some twitchers played it half-heartedly gives me very green eyes! :P

Looked at your work - very good!
Yes, = can be used. Just do not use line breaks, use #
Yes, Gates still going to be operated by winch.
Well, I would like to send an extended demo version at the weekend

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
PROOFREADING

Part 1, tutorial (near 20% total volume of text for proofreading):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MsbT1agjjX2nTrrPUhOKijJsdkS-MmHZU0QkK_QFT1I/edit#gid=0

Part 2, manual (near 20% total volume of text for proofreading):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JbB0RvDwTCJY7VBKHEo2C07ZQX6sXQTJHvO8h4ipNqo/edit#gid=0

Please, correct column "english profreading".
# - character for the line break. Dont touch him.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, now in extended version 9 mission. After proofreading, I'll post a new demo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom