Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Farewell into the night

Look, what has been revealed:

Thoughts? It looks cheap as for now, but I think it might be an OK remaster.
What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bocian

Arcane
giphy.gif

TedNugent

Arcane
Warcraft 4 never

5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7.png
It would come out disfigured and wicked.

I'll take this and this.

As perhaps the biggest Warcraft 3 fag ever, I am....mildly bemused by OP.

It's okay, I guess. Hopefully they do a gameplay rebalancing as frankly War 3 was kind of imba by the time they stopped the gameplay patches on TFT.

I wouldn't mind doing 3v3s online with true widescreen. I don't give a shit about the update graphics and animations, TBH the old shit was best.

Bocian

Arcane
Most likely it'll be similar to any and all modern remasters - higher contrast, sharper textures, some totally minor improvements, plus empty promises and hopes for "refreshing the community". Wondering if custom maps for the original will still work.

Seethe

Arbiter
Nice, it looks fine aside of a few plastic-ish models. I hope this will revive some custom map makers.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Yeah, unit models look kinda goofy but that's because I still remember the original ones which were simple and distinct. Adding complexity on top of those to update the models just takes away from that seeing as you're, well, seeing the game from afar. As long as they don't pull a Starcraft 2 with campaigns and split them up into DLC I'll probably get it at some point. Been what, a decade since I last played WC3?

GrainWetski

Arcane
The only thing they should be making is Warcraft 4, not porting Diablo 3 to yet another platform it shouldn't be on and making this remaster.

Oh well, no real loss if it never gets made as Blizztard has been basically dead for well over a decade now.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I would rather see a proper remake of Warcraft 2 and I do mean remake from the ground up, not facelift like this and SC:BW before it.

I want war for oil on the high seas damn it!

Warcraft 3 is the Blizzard game that needs the remake the least followed by Diablo II. Only the visuals in WC3 are kind of weak but they did a lot with such basic model geometry.

duke nukem

Augur
Hardly any improvements in graphics:
9kkl3bjgezv11.png

Pre-ordered. Improved cinematics alone is worth it. And watching Grumpy twitch stream they said you can play the melee with old game too. So there is no split between playerbase.

Mazisky

Magister
With the W3 3d engine they basically had to rewrite all models and animations from scratch, unlike starcraft remaster.

catfood

AGAIN
Here's hoping they're at least going to make the original free just like they did when they released the Starcraft remaster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom