Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Beastro

Arcane
Hardly any improvements in graphics:
9kkl3bjgezv11.png

Pre-ordered. Improved cinematics alone is worth it. And watching Grumpy twitch stream they said you can play the melee with old game too. So there is no split between playerbase.

People bitched about the art direction and graphics for so long and they do this to the "remaster". :lol:

Even though it's a cash grab, this might be (inadvertently) the only decent thing nu-blizzard did in the last 10 years, since the original game will be preserved. I wonder what new additions the world editor will get tho.

Perkel

Arcane
At release W3 was one of the best looking games and it was party why it was so popular.
W3 mechanics also were kind of shit.

This on other hand looks just sad. Like homeless man in suit but with dirt on his skin.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Oh boy, can't wait for Blizzard to "rebalance" the gameplay and fuck everything up like there's no tomorrow.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess no one ever finished making those mods for wc3 where they replaced the wc3 stuff with models from WoW. Of course blizzard would capitalize on that.

ortucis

Prophet
I guess no one ever finished making those mods for wc3 where they replaced the wc3 stuff with models from WoW. Of course blizzard would capitalize on that.

Why would they? Most of the community was fucking retarded and played only DOTA maps. Everyone else who wanted to do more with the game, only few showed interest. So modders either started making Dota copies or just moved on.

lightbane

Arcane
I suppose they released the trailer of this first in order to balance the damage caused by Diablo Immortal.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Why would they? Most of the community was fucking retarded and played only DOTA maps. Everyone else who wanted to do more with the game, only few showed interest. So modders either started making Dota copies or just moved on.
I might be mistaken but there was plenty of stuff that wasn't DoTA or similar shit. At least 4 years back. Hiveworkshop is probably still up for all I know.
Fake edit: Santa Maria, it is still up.

ortucis

Prophet

I might be mistaken but there was plenty of stuff that wasn't DoTA or similar shit. At least 4 years back. Hiveworkshop is probably still up for all I know.
Fake edit: Santa Maria, it is still up.

Eh, I am talking about back in between 2002-2007. Anything that exists now was pretty much ignored back then (if a modder released it back then).

It was dissapointing. I remember playing some really inventive maps on Battle.net and offline (SP mods) from people who barely got any response from the community busy discussing Dota everywhere. Hell, half of the fucking map list even online was Dota. No wonder it became a big deal afterwards.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Right, these days wc3 basically has Nwn beat for sheer variety.

Olinser

Savant
Don't think anybody has mentioned it - but they're actually changing some of the campaign missions.

The Culling is changed, in original WC3 the base is in the NE corner, not the south.

So this isn't just a pure graphical update they're actually doing some substantive changes. We'll have to see how much they actually change with the missions and whether they update the units though.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
We'll have to see how much they actually change with the missions and whether they update the units though.
It's not looking good:

Writer Christie Golden, who has worked with Blizzard on multiple novels set in the Warcraft universe over the past two decades, is helping to bring “parity” to the stories of Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft, which will require retconning some of the strategy game’s story. Those changes will bring “renewed focus to a few central characters that we thought deserved a little bit more time in the limelight,” Stillwell said.

“There’s been 16 years of evolution of this franchise outside of this game,” Stillwell explained. “Some of that, especially central characters like Jaina and Sylvanas, these people who mean so much more to the world now who didn’t get as much focus [in the original Warcraft 3] because we just didn’t know where they were going to be.”

Are you ready for them stronk independent womyn to show them worthless men how things are actually done?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom