Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

ortucis

Prophet
Wow, that's just fucking stupid.

Then again, I never gave a flying fuck about the Warcraft lore. Might as well read Lord of the Rings, that's what they are trying hard to rip off anyway.

“When we went to Korea [for StarCraft: Remastered] and talked with pros and people still playing in game rooms, the overwhelming feedback was ‘Please don’t change the game,’” Stillwell said. “‘Make it pretty, give us a modern matchmaker and then quietly step away, Blizzard.’ Getting those marching orders made the endeavor not just easier but more focused. But with [Warcraft 3: Reforged], we’ve talked with the communities in Europe and in China [who say], ‘Hey, we don’t think this game is done.’”

Yeah that huge Warcraft 3 community from Chinese sweatshops everybody was familiar with. No wonder this retarded decision happened, Chinese and Europeans came together like dumbfuck brothers.

A horse of course

The absolute trash that passes for storytelling and dialogue in nuBlizz is the number one reason I never bought the Starcraft 2 expansions, never even thought about touching Reaper of Souls, and also a major reason for unsubbing from Battle for Azeroth after seeing where the writing was going in PTR and datamining leaks. Warcraft 3 was a great example of campy but functional fantasy brought to life by good production values, but as the cutscenes in their other games prove, you can't just throw money at writing that is physically painful in its cringiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they remaking all of the campaign missions? I wouldn't object to replaying a remixed version of the campaign but at the same time I really don't see that being a sellable product. They didn't state they are redoing all the missions but only remaking a handful seems even more stupid.

The preview obviously used the original VO lines, if they are doing that they can't fuck around too much with retcons. Or they are retconning everything and still haven't penned their new epic saga of dumb shit. I wouldn't object to a bonus mission with Jaina showing something between the half way mark of the Human campaign and the last Night Elf mission, but Sylvannas already has basically half a campaign as an enemy (low point of the entire game IMO) and half a campaign playable.

If you can play multiplayer between W3 and W3:R they can't really be doing anything substantive with the world editor or actual gameplay besides the usual dartboard balance tweaks, so it looks like this is mostly a SP-focused remaster.

A horse of course

Are they remaking all of the campaign missions? I wouldn't object to replaying a remixed version of the campaign but at the same time I really don't see that being a sellable product. They didn't state they are redoing all the missions but only remaking a handful seems even more stupid.

The preview obviously used the original VO lines, if they are doing that they can't fuck around too much with retcons. Or they are retconning everything and still haven't penned their new epic saga of dumb shit. I wouldn't object to a bonus mission with Jaina showing something between the half way mark of the Human campaign and the last Night Elf mission, but Sylvannas already has basically half a campaign as an enemy (low point of the entire game IMO) and half a campaign playable.

If you can play multiplayer between W3 and W3:R they can't really be doing anything substantive with the world editor or actual gameplay besides the usual dartboard balance tweaks, so it looks like this is mostly a SP-focused remaster.

They said they're going to record everthing with the WoW VA.

Welp, if they are redoing everything then at least we'll get a perfect, objective and scientific demonstration of the current level of decline. We have our control group in the original and Blizzard will be providing the test subject.

Zeriel

Arcane

Then again, I never gave a flying fuck about the Warcraft lore. Might as well read Lord of the Rings, that's what they are trying hard to rip off anyway.

Yeah that huge Warcraft 3 community from Chinese sweatshops everybody was familiar with. No wonder this retarded decision happened, Chinese and Europeans came together like dumbfuck brothers.

Arthas is a direct Elric expy, so that's not entirely correct. Elric is about as anti-Tolkien as you can get.

ortucis

Prophet

Arthas is a direct Elric expy, so that's not entirely correct. Elric is about as anti-Tolkien as you can get.

I didn't say they copied everything from one source. Basic lore and ideas are all copied from Tolkien, then they copy bits and pieces from everywhere else.

Most boring and generic universe and it makes shitton of money for these people.

vota DC

Augur

“Some of that, especially central characters like Jaina and Sylvanas, these people who mean so much more to the world now who didn’t get as much focus [in the original Warcraft 3] because we just didn’t know where they were going to be.”

Why? Jaina is the boss of the Alliance at the end of the game and she is present in half of Alliance maps and in the final map, where they want to place her now? Helping Arthas to recover Frostmourne? Helping Thrall to free orcs from cages? Helping Arthas to destroy Dalaran?
Sylvanas is just an annoying elf. She is little more than Zed in Hokuto no Ken: Zed is just a regular punk executed by Kenshiro but he is the first character we see executed with the 100 Crack Fist, same with Sylvanas a minor boss that become the first banshee.

This is just like a Morrowind patch with a huge quest to help Jiub killing all cliffracers!

Delterius

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm gonna download this and just play the custom maps. Wc3 doesn't even have barbarians anyway.

Seethe

Arbiter
I have to disagree with it being just a cash grab. It will have new content (Missions), and if you're a MP player, it will cleanse the maphacker scum away. Changing the VA is a big no-no though. Both the new Sylvanas and Arthas voice actors are bad

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm gonna download this and just play the custom maps. Wc3 doesn't even have barbarians anyway.

wc3 single player is fun also, it has rpg elements, the characters travel from mission to mission.
Pretty limited RPG anyway. All you get to do is choose the items because everything will be auto levelled and by l10 you have all hero abilities.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yeah, I'll play the campaign again and some custom maps as well.
I'll also ask people in the chat if they don't have phones.

Dota? ;) Back in the day that's what I used to do, after finishing the SP, i only played DOTA mulitplayer.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Dota? ;) Back in the day that's what I used to do, after finishing the SP, i only played DOTA mulitplayer.
Nah, I always preferred tower defense.
That "splat!" of masses of enemies smashed by a cannon ball was very satisfactory.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Nah, I always preferred tower defense.
That "splat!" of masses of enemies smashed by a cannon ball was very satisfactory.

Good times, when DOTA and tower defense was a map made by fans to a great game, and not a separate 'genre' in intself.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
can't wait to play Elemental TD at 5 FPS when the last endless wave hits

Seethe

Arbiter
Dota 3 soon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom