Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft II

Shit was hard. Then again could be just me, it was agest since I played

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh man I was just reminded about Tyralyon. That guy rocked. "You think Lothars death was my fault, don't you?", "I challenge you, heathen!". Badass.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
ScottishMartialArts said:
Such a fun game; I wonder if there will ever be a Warcraft IV? WoW has rapidly killed off every major and minor villain in the series, with only Arthas left -- even Kil Jaeden is dead -- which makes me wonder what there will be left to fight over in a 4th strategy game. Meh, I need to go finish up the Orc campaign.

Blizzard are retiring their three big licenses after the release of d3 and sc2 and their expansions and are then going to focus on new ips. This was in a press release a while back.

Ghoulem

Erudite
They're probably going to make Diablocraft. Where you fight the space devil and his evil astro minions. Travelling at the speed of darkness through the universe and turning our precious cheesy moons to rock and stone.

vota DC

Augur
Would be a good idea to mod warcraft 2 (using wargus would be ok) to make every unit useful in late game too?

For example
Footman low hp, huge armor, mixed attack
Archer low hp, no armor, only piercing attack
Knight high hp, medium armor, high base attack but very low piercing attack

This way footman would counter knight. Else nobody use footman when knight is unlocked.

For sea battles submarine is not that useful.
They could give tons of armor to submarine and low piercing attack to battleships. This way submarine would counter battleship but get countered by destroyers.

vota DC

Augur
I changed some stuff with Wargus trying to put rock/paper/scissors and a little racial differences like in Warcraft 1. It is more difficult than a game like Age of Kings because lack of unit bonus or different armor types.

Second Shield Upgrade gives +10 HitPoints instead of +2 Armor

FOOTMAN
HP 60-->70
Speed 10-->8
Armor 2--->15
Basic 6
Piercing 3--->4

GRUNT
HP 60-->65
Speed 10
Armor 2--->12
Basic 6--->4
Piercing 3--->6

Both these units counter the cavalry but are countered by archers. Grunt is a little faster and his piercing damage means he defeats Footman. Footman is a better counter against cavalry.
Low hp with huge armor didn't work, archer counter them anyway.

KNIGHT
HP 90
Speed 13
Armor 4--->3
Basic 8--->15
Piercing 4--->1

OGRE
HP 90-->100
Speed 13
Armor 4--->1
Basic 8--->15
Piercing 4--->1

With huge basic attack they demolish archers even more than vanilla but lack of piercing make them weak against infantry.

ARCHER/TROLL
Basic 3--->0
Piercing 6--->9

They bypass infantry armor.

SKELETON
HP 80
Basic 6--->7
Piercing 3--->1

DEATH KNIGHT
Speed 8--->10

HEALING 6HP->5
EXORCISM 4HP->3

Not sure about these changes.
With big HP but very low piercing attack and zero armor skeletons resist more against archers but are still very weak against infantry and cavalry.
Paladin's spell were inferior, I improved them, also exorcism counter the skeleton HP increase. Death Knight are faster to counter Exorcism buff.

DESTROYER
Basic 35-->0
Piercing 0--->30

They bypass submarine armor

BATTLESHIP
HP 150->180

JUGGERNAUGHT
HP 150->160
Basic 130->140

Destroyer piercing damage made them dangerous to Battleship. Instead of these changes I could just improve their rate of fire.

SUBMARINE
Armor 0--->125

TURTLE
Armor 0--->115
Piercing 0--->5

They resist against Battleship and win. Destroyer kill them because they have low HP. Submarine is better against Battleship but worse against turtle or destroyer.

CANNON TOWER
Basic 50-->35
Piercing 0--->15

To avoid Towers being useless against submarines

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am going to ask the actual question that's been on everyone's mind :

What is SMA up to ?
(We already know what's up SMA)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom