Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

catfood

AGAIN

Skip to 6:20 to see what maps are now official Blizzard property. :lol:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
EP9Di0jWsAMEMH7.jpg:large

Reinhardt

Arcane
Even remasters of old games are too hard for today's blizzard. Can't wait for Diablo 4.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I wish I could feel something about this.
I can feel something. I feel happiness. I'm happy that these companies (Blizzard, Bioware) actually managed to fuck up on a level that only the most braindead cucksuckers fans defend them. Remember that these developers were fucking up their games for years now, but the sheeps were sucking it up. But Bioware destroyed their brand with Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem, and now Blizzard destroyed theirs with Diablo Immortal, the China support and now with WC3. And I'm happy. Because these companies don't deserve the good will they were still getting.
But Blizzard fans are a lot dumber,after all they are mostly MMO authists.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Blizzard have been woke for a long time so no surprise here.

If I ever start a game company you can be sure as shit it won't have danger haired "gender studies" people in it.

Btw, if gender studies is what you are pursuing, when do you have time to learn actual game development?

OctavianRomulus

Learned

Is that seriously real or shop? if it's real.... mother of god... no words

It has to be a troll faker... fun nontheless :X
It's obviously fake, but we've really reached a stage where one starts to wonder.

I can't tell if it's a troll or not, Blizzard have been woke for a long time. They added black customization options to humans in WOW. I'm not against that at all but they pretend that they have always been in Stormwind. Missed an opportunity to develop them as a sub-race with its own lore. Shows how much they actually care about black people.

Black druids in D4 as well. In D3 the witch doctors make sense because they come from the south but Scosgen is basically Scotland. How did they evolve black skin up there? Again, nothing against black people but put them where they make sense, don't just shoehorn them in the game.

alighieri

Educated

It's obviously fake, but we've really reached a stage where one starts to wonder.

I can't tell if it's a troll or not, Blizzard have been woke for a long time. They added black customization options to humans in WOW. I'm not against that at all but they pretend that they have always been in Stormwind. Missed an opportunity to develop them as a sub-race with its own lore. Shows how much they actually care about black people.

Yeah I mean wtf. Everyone knows that the Orc race is for black people so no reason to add a black customization for humans

OctavianRomulus

Learned

Yeah I mean wtf. Everyone knows that the Orc race is for black people so no reason to add a black customization for humans
I don't know, maybe Stranglethorn Vale (Africa) was once part of Stormwind? Give it an explanation! Or maybe they want to push the agenda that black people have always been in Europe, which is kind of strange.

Either way Trolls are already the black people of WOW from a cultural POV and they are one of the coolest races.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Funny, how they include blacks, browns etc, but human civilization in games is always medieval european kingdoms with knights and sheeeeit. Now THAT'S white supremacy and eurocenrism, not making all characters in medieval Bohemia white.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh. Lots of people in this thread seem to be talking about this game in the context of some Great Cultural And Moral Decline Of Gaming, but this isn't some misguided creative effort by radicals. It's just a failed cashgrab, the likes of which have existed since the beginning of video games.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The problem is that it's a failed cashgrab lololol. It's just higher profile because Blizz.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Funny, how they include blacks, browns etc, but human civilization in games is always medieval european kingdoms with knights and sheeeeit. Now THAT'S white supremacy and eurocenrism, not making all characters in medieval Bohemia white.

This is exactly what they are attempting to subvert. They are trying to create a narrative in which medieval european kingdoms were not predominantly white.

Reinhardt

Arcane

This is exactly what they are attempting to subvert. They are trying to create a narrative in which medieval european kingdoms were not predominantly white.
Still whiter than Africa. And that's why they succeed where other failed.

Basically developers and filmmakers openly show contempt for white culture, but in reality they despise others even more. Despise them enough to not even allow them to have their own culture.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Uh. Lots of people in this thread seem to be talking about this game in the context of some Great Cultural And Moral Decline Of Gaming, but this isn't some misguided creative effort by radicals. It's just a failed cashgrab, the likes of which have existed since the beginning of video games.

The point that's being made, is that Blizzard at least historically, would never really do failed cashgrabs or cashgrabs at all. They used to be about quality first and foremost. That's what the outrage is about. Blizzard used to be the high bastion of incline in the old days of gaming, how they have fallen, and now been reduced to this.

Citizen

Honestly I wouldn't care at all if the classic version was easily available alongside the new one. They basically erased the old TFT from history, making even the people without reforged play an inferior version. This cunty action deserves all the hate they get and more

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dark Souls Remaster is a brazen cashgrab. This...dunno. I've just seen a short breakdown of what's wrong with Reforged and it's stuff like EULA, custom campaigns and multiplayer, something I personally don't give a fuck about. As an uber-casual fan of the old Blizzard, I'd be perfectly happy with this game if it was like 15 bucks. It's got widescreen support, HD textures, even a ton of new assets and animations...that's more than enough for me. Only the price is pants on head retarded.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
HD textures that look like shit, all the assets feel awkward and out of place, can't use custom maps, interface is a web browser, pointless gender-swapped units, Samwise icon replaced with horse faced chink with purple hair nobody has ever even seen before, nuBattle.net instead of the far superior older one.

I mean, come on guys, for 15 bucks, look all the stuff you are getting.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
but this isn't some misguided creative effort by radicals. It's just a failed cashgrab

No, it's both. That's how we got this perfect storm of a disaster.

Don't forget, the original plan was to add to the story and writing, update the characters to their current nuWoW status etc. They didn't do that because they had no time, but it might still be coming in future patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom