Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Dawkinsfan69, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    lol shlomo's gold lol

^ Top  
  2. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Dude, whenever I lay into Kwan manbabies being obsessed with their childhood entertainment deep into their 40s you're usually the first one to get all butthurt and go on an emote rampage.

And YOU - probably a fatboy neckbeard sitting at your greasy PC surrounded by plastic Star Wars figurines nad plushy My Little Ponies - are calling ME a sheltered Momma's boy. Goddamn Americans :lol:

• retadred x 7
    • butthurt x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Not our fault we make enough money to actually purchase things in our country.

^ Top  
  4. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    More like your grandparents made you rich enough to purchase Chinese crap in a country that will soon belong to the Mexicans lol.

• butthurt butthurt x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Yes, your Epic rants about the "Evils of Mario" and how you only make sure that you like "adult entertainment for adults" make you seem very mature indeed.

• Funny x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. skacky Prestigious Gentleman 3D Realms Developer

skacky
    Uther Party was pretty fun. I spent an incredible amount of hours playing a French version of Murder at the Mansion that was hilarious. With a little micromanagement skill obtained from regular matches you could obliterate all the innocents in no time. :thumbsup:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  7. Harthwain Scholar

Harthwain
    What I don't get is why mocking Blizzard's attempt to lay their hand on other people's creative work without even having to acknowledge their creativity somehow lacks "emotional maturity", "sense of perspective" and "sound judgement". If anything I think it shows the opposite, because it takes some measure of awareness to laugh at them in such a creative way (which Activision-Blizzard is welcome to appropriate, of course!).

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Anybody uploaded the patch that adds widescreen out there yet?

^ Top  
  9. BING XI LAO Arcane

BING XI LAO
    [​IMG]

• honk honk! honk honk! x 29
    • Funny Funny x 11
    ^ Top  
  10. skacky Prestigious Gentleman 3D Realms Developer

skacky
    To be honest I stopped caring about Blizzard when I saw just how bad Diablo 3 was. I bought StarCraft 2 (and enjoyed it) but haven't bought any of the expansions. Haven't bought any of their games since, even the StarCraft remaster.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. dawcio Learned

dawcio
    Do you feel the same about Fallout 3?

^ Top  
  12. skacky Prestigious Gentleman 3D Realms Developer

skacky
    Fallout 3? What's that?

• it is a mystery x 7
    • Funny x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Harthwain Scholar

Harthwain
    Plot twist:
    Show Spoiler
    there is no rock bottom

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yes there is. We may not see it on our lifetimes, hopefully.

^ Top  
  15. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas

• Racist Racist x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Storyfag Arcane Patron

Storyfag
    That vid is so obviously tongue in cheeck it doesn't count. If anything, I see it as poking fun at contemporary German society.

^ Top  
  17. Demo.Graph Educated

Demo.Graph
    More like since the beginning of humanity. But it’s not just Blizzard.
    You made me think for a bit so I deem you responsible for the wall of text that follows.
    Show Spoiler
    I'm Russian, but a major part of my cultural code is formed by American (or Anglosphere, to be more precise) media. I have great memories of entertainment that pleased and inspired me. Games and movies and music and literature. But lately I got a bit too many disappointments from entertainment sources that I got accustomed to during my childhood, teens and early adulthood.

So, what about games I liked before?
    Everything Blizzard is raped by Chinese Actards. HoMM went extinct. Fallout and TES are shat upon by Bethesda. Total War series can’t be seriously played anymore without total conversion mods, like Europa Barbarorum. Civs after 4 are wankery. Paradox is shovelware. “Classic RPG revival” is meh incarnate. nuThief is a disgrace.
    The only game series I still care about is Dominions and it’s made by basically two people.
    I try to find new games I could like, but almost all of them are disappointing somehow. Darkest Dungeon doesn’t allow me to speed things up or skip animations. Same goes for Cultist Sim. Anno, Foundation and Dawn of Man are uninspired samefaggotry. Frostpunk, a game with a map area of 10 square meters, lagged and crashed on me. Void Bastards are forgettable (had to actually google the name), just like Borderlands. Subnautica fell apart after something like 6 hours of gameplay. Battle Brothers is a tactics without terrain. Disco Elysium is a zoomer logorrhea.
    Pathologic remake is okay, but it’s Russian and a remake. AoE is a remake. Into the Breach is but a puzzle, even though it’s nice.
    The latest games I did enjoy are KSP, Factorio and Rimworld. Note the similarity: they’re sandboxes, electronic lego grindfests I play as I like, without plot or characters or anything resembling art that's not introduced by me or fellow players. And they’re made by microcompanies not representative of gaming industry as a whole.
    I’ve also liked The Witness and it’s also plotless.

My disappointment is not limited to games.
    Among movies, again, only occasionally am I able to find anything that would interest me that was filmed during last several years. The Vice, The Wife, The Martian, Bohemian Rhapsody... The decline is much more prevalent. Superhero movies are strait out of chinese clonefarm. Lion King remake got blacked with nigger Simba. Star Trek is dumbed down. The last Star Wars movies were made 37 years ago (even though I like Mr Plinkett’s fanfics). I can easily watch old movies, some of which were made long before I was born, dozens of them, just not modern ones.
    Then I turn to the music and turn it off, because the majority of musicians and singers I like are either dead or nameless synthwave-electro-trance-step composers or single-shot youtube remixers or sing in opera or called Lizzy Hale.
    Books... Suffice it to say that most books I read are more than 30 years old. I’ve recently began reading The Wealth of Nations (which I bought in Latvia for mere 4 euros, in a discount corner with Plato and Shakespear, because obviously it’s a barbaric country that has no interest in classic literature).

In most parts of service sector of economy I turn to I see decline.
    Software? Even fucking Win10 is an abortion. Spying, internet shop in an Office interface and no customization of the Start button are the things I just begin to fuel my rage with. And to think that those bloody hindu MS shillers even tried to force me to move to Win10 from my prestigious Win7!
    Politics? American city upon a hill? After recent wars it looks more like a High Castle. And all I’ve heard from American mass media for the last several years was nigger faggotry, sjw drama and stupid memes. All I see in their economy is an endless debt multiplication and prestige-based income redistribution, iPhone style. Sad! During Cold war they used to have quality cultural propaganda.
    EU is more like SU mk2. I remember a bit of mk1, just enough to see where it all goes. At least they still write good music, keep good books and make decent consumer goods.

I reread all of the above. It really wasn't my intention to sound like a salty old boomer. Because, firstly, I’m a millenial. Secondly, I manage to live an okayish life in top 10% or 15% income strata of my country. And, lastly, I manage to entertain myself with new knowledge, work and media almost every day.

I simply counted a bit and came to a conclusion that most media I consider good was made long time ago. And gaming, yes, in my opinion is in decline. Just like a major part of western cultural medium.
    And when I see that goddamn Blizzard, that used to make quality shit, makes common shit, it reinforces this conclusion and I become disappointed and rant in the internetz.

tl;dr I rant indeed.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Salute Salute x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. hoothoot Erudite Patron

hoothoot
    Fuck blizzard

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. alighieri Literate

alighieri
    Maybe gaming didn't change but you have changed

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • No No x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Danikas Erudite

Danikas

Where you are now you can't even imagine what the bottom will be like
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected
    It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything
    Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Why don't they just make maps denying the holocaust? Blizzard would then be guilty of the European hate speech laws.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • nice nice x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. J1M Arcane

J1M
    If that was true, they wouldn't have spent money on alternative female skins for characters and talked about rewriting cut-scenes to give women more speaking lines.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yeah, it's frustrating. Had to fuck around in Command & Conquer 3 to be able to downgrade from patch 9 to release version using some kind of cd-crack, since the latest patch fudge up the campaign in favor of mulitplayer. It would probably be easier to just download the 1.0 release already cracked and ready to go. Why pay to play the legit version if it's such a hassle? And since it's an old EA game, they won't do shit to help or fix their damn game. They just keep selling the broken game on Steam, and the funniest thing - they have now increased the price by 5 euro. I looked at Kane's Wrath a day ago, it was 10 bucks, today it's 15. Check the price for SimCity 4 on Steam for a mild chock.

• decline decline x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. BING XI LAO Arcane

BING XI LAO
    This is what soyim deserve at this point, if they're this easily parted with their money what do you expect?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)