Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

It's the early-3D-era graphics.

2002 is early 3D now? It had been around for a full decade at that point. Regardless, WC3 graphics were fine, albeit not up to the standard set by 2. Orc faction art design in particular was pretty weak across the board, partly as a function of them being retconned from bloodthirsty monsters to noble savages. Undead were pretty kewl though.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
What's so bad about Warcraft 3?

At the time they were hyping the infernal as their own faction but in the end they were just a handful of enemy units in the campaign or summoned by items.

I told you that you would one day pay for that Blizzard, I told you!

:killit:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
WC3 art style infected fantasy gaming with goofy oversized gear and elephantiasis limbs for the next decade. Everyone who doesn't harbour deep hatred for that abomination should be fed to warthogs.

Seethe

Arbiter
WC3 art style infected fantasy gaming with goofy oversized gear and elephantiasis limbs for the next decade. Everyone who doesn't harbour deep hatred for that abomination should be fed to warthogs.

The units in Warcraft 3 are distinctive from one another, exactly because of the models and the color palette, and the way the models interact with the background.

You suffer from chronic shit taste, and there is no cure. You have to be quite braindead to like the looks of Warcraft 2, where everything looks like copy pasted jpegs with shitty perspective on top of a badly tessellated background

Last edited:
The units in Warcraft 3 are distinctive from one another, exactly because of the models and the color palette, and the way the models interact with the background.

But their being distinguishable from one another is clearly not from having a shitty goofy caricature art style, because strategy games with good art styles, like Age of Empires 2, still have easily distinguishable units.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

But their being distinguishable from one another is clearly not from having a shitty goofy caricature art style, because strategy games with good art styles, like Age of Empires 2, still have easily distinguishable units.

But for different reasons.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Starcraft BW is superior to SC2 in every aspect.

Sure it is. And WC2 is superior to WC3 in every aspect while WC1 is superior to WC2 in every aspect.

Because this is my nostalgia. There are many like it but goddamn this one is mine.

Funny how you "it's just nostalgia lolol" cretins fail to see how you simply fall into the other extreme.

But no, of course, as opposed to the nostalgia fags you have a clear and objective mind and you alone can see how everything new is better than anything old.

Dakka

Savant

You suffer from chronic shit taste, and there is no cure. You have to be quite braindead to like the looks of Warcraft 2, where everything looks like copy pasted jpegs with shitty perspective on top of a badly tessellated background
I was on board until you talked shit about Warcraft 2.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I still can't believe the main menu runs on google chrome.

Web apps are a plague. Soon even toilets will use chromium or node.js to run "apps" depending on five billion java script libraries just to flush water.
Soon?
Smart-toilets-could-detect-congestive-heart-failure.jpg

Delterius

Arcane

Dakka

Savant
I heard that the best measure of civilization is the distance between where you live and the final resting place of your bowel movements. So of course Google is on the right track, but they need to partner with SpaceX next so we can all send our poop to space. Hell, Reforged can take a ride too.

Dakka

Savant

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
That is actually 5-year-old me's idea of garbage disposal in the near future.
I always was a fan of dumping all trash in one big pit and nuking it. Much cheaper than orbit insertion @ $4k/kg. And eco-friendly!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom