Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

i played some more and i found out that the charged skills are not a problem if you don't use them, and you don't actually need them: all you need is to charge some armor up at the beginning, then spam 1 and finisher-kill everything you can with a prisma/skana with its syndicate mod. you can't die anymore, the self-healing is just too much to go past 4k+ hp behind insane armor. also let's take into account you don't need a large energy reserve because you're only using the first skill, thus "quick thinking" is the ultimate "oh shit" resource. not that inaros really would need it: even when you go down, most of the time you're able to revive yourself.

in conclusion: inaros is not really fun, but it's almost invincible.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's probably less handy in low-add boss fights tho, since the self-healing depends a lot on finisher kills.

And personally I use Lacera because I like having my warframes use different melee weapons (and Lacera is cool as fuck; also a lot better than one might initially think because the fucker has 99% status chance from just two ele/stat combo mods; besides I had to test Primed Reach with something).

you're not really going to need much status chance if everything goes down with a single finisher move. you need crit multipliers and the +finisher mod. speaking of which, i have to mod one in on my prisma skana and see if i can oneshot bombards/ancients later in today's sortie 3.

by the way, i'm rank 19 now :cool:

Gerrard

Arcane
Not to mention you want crit chance for Naramon, because why would you use Vazarin with Inaros when you have Rage.

i'm still not much into focus skills. i took the one with the energy recharging bonus because i can never find a trinity when i need one, don't know much else about them.

Vaarna_Aarne

I've cleared about 50% of Madurai tree (the 50% that matters, meaning maxing the triggered passives and cooldown bonus), which is the straight up durmag tree. Overall, it makes all my stuff deal 1.9 times more damage (the extra damage divided between the three Physical damage types, which adds them to weapons that normally don't deal physical damage too). But honestly, the much cooler thing is that the Slashing part of the triggered passives also makes almost every weapon capable of on-death gibbing. It's just so awesome with something like Soma Prime to watch things get blasted to shreds.

Speaking of gibs, that's also the best part about the Azima, since it's capable of gibbing. Besides that, it's a decent machine pistol, having a fast reload, big magazine, low recoil, high accuracy and rate of fire, and decent damage and ammo capacity. However, the secondary where you fire the magazine like a Tiberian Sun discus grenade is really underwhelming.

What it does is fire the magazine and all the remaining ammo on it, and once it has bounced once off the ground and landed (this seriously takes too long), it pops up and starts emptying the magazine in a 360 degree spread. Now this is a bit of a problem because IT HITS ANYTHING THREE TIMES AT BEST before running out with max ammo. So you spend 75 ammo to get three hits per target (the range is small too). If it actually had some kind of strong close rand shredder capacity it might be worth using (since it needs to achieve at least reliable 30% of magazine worth of damage per target to be worthwhile in most situations) that doesn't behave like a clip spraying its contents all over the place but a real fucking grenade alternate fire. But no, it doesn't behave like that, and is probably the worst secondary fire function in the game. The only way it could be worse if it shot out Sheevs.

Gerrard

Arcane
i'm still not much into focus skills. i took the one with the energy recharging bonus because i can never find a trinity when i need one, don't know much else about them.
Naramon has a passive that makes you invisible for 5/6/7/8 seconds when you crit with a melee weapon. And that invisibility is not removed by nullifiers. Also has one that increases crit chance with melee.

Vaarna_Aarne

Though a thing to note about the Focus trees is that you kinda need to get 2-4 Greater Focus Lenses of the type you want, and put them in your main loadout (assuming you have a loadout you use 90% of the time). After that, you just have to let it pile up.

Naramon has a passive that makes you invisible for 5/6/7/8 seconds when you crit with a melee weapon. And that invisibility is not removed by nullifiers. Also has one that increases crit chance with melee.
alright, all kneel to the naramon master race.
and atterax is even my favourite melee weapon...

Though a thing to note about the Focus trees is that you kinda need to get 2-4 Greater Focus Lenses of the type you want, and put them in your main loadout (assuming you have a loadout you use 90% of the time). After that, you just have to let it pile up.
i refuse to be forced to stick to a single loadout. warframe's selling point are the thousands of weapons combinations. i built a hundred and i want to use them all.

Vaarna_Aarne

Same here, which is why I'm pretty pleased at finally having reached the end of Madurai passives so now it's FREEEEEEDOM again.

Gerrard

Arcane
You're way better off installing and using normal lens in your frame and weapon(s) than waiting until you get 4 of one type to upgrade.

Vaarna_Aarne

Overall, I probably like the Azima most out of all the machine pistols (whether single or akimbo), since despite its secondary fire being worthless it has a good combination of damage per bullet, accuracy, magazine size, and reload speed.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, I got all the 120% physical mods now as well. Except Shotgun puncture, but I only use Convectrix and Sancti Tigris out of shotties.

eklektyk

Erudite
well i was on the fence about tigris at start but after i maxed it its nice

kinda need to get my hands on sancti tigris now [ picked on random suda and it locked me to the other side of syndicates :) still hunting for trin p hat for them :) ]

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Fugg, this resource weekend seems to have pulled me back in Warframe. MR12 scrub looking for a clan I guess D: Well researched one of course.

Got another 75% Platinum discount today, have totally lost the count of how many I've had. Did they increase the rate or am I still being veeeery lucky with that?

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Veeeeery lucky. If 'dex ever starts running Trials, we need to bring you along since we're probably swimming in Arcane Avengers or something afterwards.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am still amazed that even after playing this game for a few days I have still no clue what the fuck the majority of this thread is talking about. Focus trees? Madurai? Sure like, totally agree? Heh, maybe in a year or so I will understand it...

All I do is pleasing headwaifu so I don't have to sleep on the space couch. Yes, fire is dangerous, thank you for telling me-- I know I have been detected, there are loud siren-- Yes, I know I need to build the batsuit--

She is trying so hard to be helpful... but all is forgiven when she makes out with another girl. She does that, right? Because Aarne said the game is like a "french comic". Get to it womyn! :argh:

Vaarna_Aarne

I'll explain focus to you guys once you start Second Dream, since you only gain access to Focus after it.

looks like either the number of retards went skyhigh while i wasn't looking or today's sortie 3 can't be done. i even join games with dead people in the starting room.

Vaarna_Aarne

Personally I only have two qualifiers for whether or not I run Sorties:

1) No missions like Interception, Survival, or Defense because they take fucking forever on Sorties due to requiring full AABC rotation.
2) I feel like giving enough fucks to run them solo.

It's not like you don't have a huge advantage if you use the right frame. Like, say, Frost on Mobile Defense (or almost anything really), since you can just use energy powerups to endlessly spam Avalanche to freeze everything and just wait out the timers or whatever inside your snow globe fortress.

interception, defense and survival related sortie missions have been shortened in one of the latest patches. they're not a pain anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom