Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Awwww yeah.

EDIT: Big question is tho if they'll be the using the Archwing mods or regular mods when used on foot.

Arnust

Savant
Awwww yeah.

EDIT: Big question is tho if they'll be the using the Archwing mods or regular mods when used on foot.
I assume archwing mods, especially if it means that Arch-Weapons will behave differently stats wise on land. And make people still have to do Railjack/Archwing for the moeds.

Vaarna_Aarne

Still the most amusing part is that the demonstration weapon is the Imperator, which is so shitty even if it had regular mods on it there would be no point using it due to how bad it is.

On the other hand, regular mods on Fluctus, Velocitus, or Cyngas would be crazy. Velocitus for instance would be a Lanka with the charged shot damage starting at 1800 instead of 525.

Arnust

Savant
Still the most amusing part is that the demonstration weapon is the Imperator, which is so shitty even if it had regular mods on it there would be no point using it due to how bad it is.

On the other hand, regular mods on Fluctus, Velocitus, or Cyngas would be crazy. Velocitus for instance would be a Lanka with the charged shot damage starting at 1800 instead of 525.
It’s kind of why i’m saying there’ll be some rebalancing at least for the grounded mode. You gotta consider that even the Imperator would have more effective range than almost any other of the normal weapons (bar snipers) because of how most arch weapons work, especially being hitscan.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is DE we're talking about here, odds are good every weapon will be completely worthless and this will be nothing more than another novelty, that said, I'm looking forward to blowing myself up 50 times with the Grattler.

Vaarna_Aarne

That's actually one thing I've always wondered about: When will DE realize that ability to self-damage is simply too gigantic as a drawback for a weapon in Warframe's gameplay model?

Gerrard

Arcane
It's only a drawback if you can't use it to your advantage. But only Chroma is allowed to do that so yeah.

Also big update next week (maybe).

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I never bother with self-damage when I use Chroma, but I don't bring him on anything but missions where he can take a lot of punishment anyway. Used to be my go-to before his rework.

The mainline is suppose to finally bring those elite alerts, hopefully that will be a decent distraction.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
GUYS! GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!

What if... bear with me now, what if... what if we took the Barkwing weapons, and put them in the ground game?!

:lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

The important thing about that thing IMO is that it will also result in a hip-firing heavy weapon animation which I suppose would get used otherwise too. Though lugging around something massive like Grattler or Fluctus would be hilarious in itself.

It's only a drawback if you can't use it to your advantage. But only Chroma is allowed to do that so yeah.
Didn't they fix that (relatively) recently tho, since it was always kind of an exploit?

Vaarna_Aarne

Baro's back, and he's selling Primed Pressure Point, Primed Cryo Rounds, Primed Reach, Primed Continuity, Primed Expel set, Prisma Tetra, and Viper Wraith.

i should probably buy reach, but then i'd have to forma almost all my frames to make full use of it.
laziness wins.

Arnust

Savant
For most the prime mods I just make it get one single extra rank to be par for them not to be a waste of power of polarity slots, and that’s not too expensive to do.

Vaarna_Aarne

i should probably buy reach, but then i'd have to forma almost all my frames to make full use of it.
laziness wins.
Weapon, you mean. Primed Reach, not Primed Stretch (Primed Stretch doesn't exist anyway).

Though personally I do consider it one of the must-have melee mods.

Arnust

Savant
PPP and PR are probably a bit of a gamble, considering Melee 3.0. But they're probably worth nabbing either way. I know I'm slapping Prime Reach on my Guandao either way it goes.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, that is a thing, but I'd say they are probably two of the rarer melee mods least likely to be affected in value. The real questions are will melee remain viable (which is where you can see doubts for getting PPP and PR), and what will happen with Life Strike, Blood Rush, and such mods? I'm okay with losing Blood Rush since it's also quite prepostrous just like Maiming Strike is, but Life Strike I feel is critically important to melee's viability since it makes melee the most durable state.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Only thing I've ever stuck reach on is whips. Range isn't as important since they gimped how melee works with line of sight to stop people from abusing memeing strike. Speed is often a lot more important than reach.

Vaarna_Aarne

I see Primed Reach as a necessity. The only melee weapon that I think has acceptable range without mods is Guandao (and the viral polearm Zaw), everything else requires Primed Reach to truly come to its own. Without at least Reach, most melee weapons even if they'd pack arcing strikes (which all melee weapons worth using do, 180 degrees arcs minimum or it's shit) simply lack the base range to hit more than 1 or 2 at a time. A lot of melee weapons are shit simply because even with Primed Reach they lack the necessary range to be good choices for a horde killing gameplay model like Warframe has (this is one of the things I consider Melee 3.0 should completely do away with, just let Fists hit as far as two-handers and polearms, if it triggers autism too much add a small shockwave visual effect somewhere). It's simply a tax mod, you need it for everything else (meaning for example Berserker and Blood Rush) to come to full potential.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Odd, I usually don't have an issue with weapon ranges. I also don't really care for polearms except for the Plague Kripath. I prioritize speed in nearly every case and stances that can keep me moving towards the enemy. After that it just depends on whether or not the weapon is better suited for stats or crtis, or both. Lately I've been cleaning up with Gram Prime since I got a really spiffy riven for it.

Vaarna_Aarne

That's another thing, DE doesn't seem to realize that the two most important things of a stance are wide strikes, and added forward momentum. Like, take the newest Polearm and Machete stances for example. Nice animations and bonuses, but motherfuckers do you understand that a melee combo needs to move FORWARD FASTER when you want? Not to mention both have this flip moves that totally would normally have forward momentum to them. Then again, Gaia's Tragedy is an example of how the forward momentum can go wrong, since it's concentrated on a single punch and it's uncontrollably fast (not to mention since this is Fists it doesn't hit far enough even with Primed Reach).

I've also been using Gram Prime, since I too got a spiffy riven for it (+300% damage, +200% range, -30% Infested damage), though I often prefer Galatine Prime since I can make it go faster while keeping higher crit multiplier. With Gram Prime in the perilous situation of having to choose between Gladiator Vice, Organ Shatter and Primed Pressure Point for the one that gets dropped out.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Aside from the fact that, once players have increased the speed by at least 7 times, the nice animation will just be a blurry motion. Makes you wonder how sad that animation dude must be when he sees what becomes of his art...

Vaarna_Aarne

Well there the problem is really just that every move has to be fast enough (meaning usually really fucking fast) to work as an effective killing tool.

Only a couple of weapons have a point where they can be TOO fast tho, like using Blind Justice stance if you stack enough speed from mods, enhancements and abilities you end up swinging so fast you have to mash like a madman to keep the animation going on.

Vaarna_Aarne

I lucked out and got the Adaptation mod from my very first (and presumably last, those things take too long) Elite Alert, I'll have a verdict later. At least on paper it seems like a near-always must-have defensive mod if you care about survivability. Even on something like Atlas or Valkyr I'd probably slap it on instead of Steel Fiber. AT LEAST ON PAPER.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom