Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well the hoverboard is more of a gimmick really, since if you want to go fast you just pop in your Archwing (which now has infinite summon charges).

Lhynn

Arcane
Seem really manageable. I'm liking fortuna so far.

Haven't done the non killing shit yet so I can't be sure about how it'll go. But the bounties are much more fun than in Poe.

Vaarna_Aarne

I haven't done much, but it seems overall you have a lot more to work with, and Vallis itself has less of that whole "everywhere is within eyesight of SOME Grineer" thing Kazakhstan had, at least in first impressions of the place, albeit the way enemy spots you in Warframe still means that in case of the Rescue ops it's better to just charge in guns blazing at maximum velocity instead of trying to stealth.

Also you can straight up trade stuff you earn elsewhere in the game for tokens you can redeem for Fortuna standing, with the only real limit being that it's random gen with a refresh so you might not get bailouts that use only credits and mats from the core game. Whether or not fishing is still the best way to get that daily Standing after you finish farming Garuda parts remains to be seen.

(Also it seems that you can get all sorts of Vallis mats from containers, since I figure various things I've gotten are fishing stuff)

Wild Slop

Arcane
It took me way too long to figure out how to call animals. I b slo. It looks like the only thing you can get from hunting animals is stuffed animal decorations or a Badge to slap on as a cosmetic... maybe you get some standing as you capture? I didn't take note.

I can't figure out how to grind rails, bah.

Grip it and rip it man! I need lessons. I know about pizza and french fries but thats skiing.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I played Warframe really early on, but I quit as clearly it started out slow and thus I was stuck back then with labyrinth-y samey maps (coughSpaceMarinecough) and the hit reactions had less oomph than a tower defense game.

I'm aware that it obviously improved a lot.

So, uh, what are the most fun Frames that are easy to get.

yeah, totally in better shape than poe. second step of the quest, the prison gate bugs, i hacked it but it didn't open, and the fortuna lift was disabled too so i could only exit the game and lose the loot.

Vaarna_Aarne

Lessee... Excalibur (Umbra specifically, you get it as a quest reward), Inaros (quest reward; Baro Kiteer sells the quest starter every time he arrives I think), Nezha (Clan research lab), Wukong (even if everyone disagrees with moi), and I suppose Ivara is relatively easy to get once you get a hang of Spy. All of the Primes are a matter of how old or new they are and how your platinum stockpile looks.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Lessee... Excalibur (Umbra specifically, you get it as a quest reward), Inaros (quest reward; Baro Kiteer sells the quest starter every time he arrives I think), Nezha (Clan research lab), Wukong (even if everyone disagrees with moi), and I suppose Ivara is relatively easy to get once you get a hang of Spy. All of the Primes are a matter of how old or new they are and how your platinum stockpile looks.
Thanks. Though I guess I should probably play and see how the gameplay feels now. But I'm stuck with NWO lol

Lhynn

Arcane
Arca plasmor got hit bad. Now it's a fairly meh weapon.

I don't get the Nerf to sniper rivens. They basically designed a whole mechanic to make them mandatory. And now they are nerfing them because people use them?

Pyrana got hit too. Which is odd considering detron is better and has better dispo. And has been around forever.

Lhynn

Arcane
Meh, Corpus has always been the "capitalism is evul" faction.

It does feel like you are basically defending a small kiosk from the evil coca cola. So out of scale its retarded.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Ctrl is how you grind rails.
Shaka brah

I fell through the map and after my long plummet into the void didn't leave to me being reset topside I decided to whip out my board...
hnIlBVe.jpg
I somehow lost the board (and points) taken in this picture but was able to pretty much do it again and once ready used the /unstuck command. Lost points and excessive points didn't matter as anything over cap counts for squat.
Should you find yourself falling through the map, I'd say be careful in how you use this magic trick.

Lhynn

Arcane
Arca plasmor got hit bad. Now it's a fairly meh weapon.
You mean riven disposition? Because I still see it as one of the most effective weapons in the game. Still has punchthrough, still as powerful, sure it was nice not having damage fall off for a few weeks, but it was just a bug.
My problem with arca plasmor is that for 99% of the content its not a very good weapon. The weapon is slow and feels slugish, the range is bad and right now gameplay is focused on open spaces with many enemies coming from all directions. And for the content i did use it on, it just doesnt feel like it packs enough of a punch to justify it anymore. There are better weapons to kill rows of enemies.

Pyrana had 1.2 dispo, detron is/was 1.0, now they are the same.
Ah, i got a detron riven thats so retardedly good that i thought its dispo was maxed. Still think it was too much, pyrana doesnt see much use, its just one of the latest toys and it got hit because of its release window, who the hell knows when theyll change dispo again.

Anyway, I like that they finally did something with rivens, but it was too safe, I want more radical dispo changes and I don't want some weapons to be excluded only because someone paid too much plat for them. But even these changes caused a lot of whining, which is hillarious.
Agree, but a lot of the changes felt either unnecesary or they didnt go far enough with them. Astilla getting hit is retarded, zhuge should have seen a much bigger increase. Opticor is still a buggy mess, the hit detection makes it unusable on most places you would want it, the hit to it seems odd considering nobody has bothered to fix it. I dont think ive ever seen anyone using Azima, etc.

Hopefully they make affinity automatic so that it doesnt feel so arbitrary.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Day 2 concluded. Let's see, DE is obviously stonewalling players with toroids because that part of the game isn't done yet. In almost 5 hours of grinding we must have gotten about 5 of each. You can find them in some of the caves, but it's all RNG. K drive races are broken, they gimped how much standing you get for doing combos so that's going to take even longer than it was before, and it looks like all the parts for boards are either broken or literally change nothing about the K-drive and are just for looks.

am i the only one who thinks that this electronic oompa loompa rebellion is retarded and absolutely out of place and tone in warframe?

It's silly and dumb, but I like Nef Anyo so I'll roll with it. DE obviously likes old memes since they've fully embraced the totally-not-guy-fawkes-or-anonymous persona for the resistance.

Vaarna_Aarne

Rivens are kind of a fundamentally broken way of trying to fix a problem, which is that most weapons are just blatantly inferior. It's kinda like Maiming Strike (okay, not as bad as Maiming Strike), they should just axe them or completely change them.

The resistance (probably not the correct word, more like radical underground union activism?) using a pseudonym for appearances makes sense given that it sounds like Nef has their brains in some storage unit somewhere. Honestly, the Fortuna gang seems kind of chill about things considering the enormous magnitude of fucked over they are.

Also Arca Plasmor is my go-to primary too. The BFG kills loads of shit in one shot and has a relatively sizable magazine for a weapon that packs as much AoE oomph as it does.

Day 2 concluded. Let's see, DE is obviously stonewalling players with toroids because that part of the game isn't done yet. In almost 5 hours of grinding we must have gotten about 5 of each. You can find them in some of the caves, but it's all RNG. K drive races are broken, they gimped how much standing you get for doing combos so that's going to take even longer than it was before, and it looks like all the parts for boards are either broken or literally change nothing about the K-drive and are just for looks.

am i the only one who thinks that this electronic oompa loompa rebellion is retarded and absolutely out of place and tone in warframe?

It's silly and dumb, but I like Nef Anyo so I'll roll with it. DE obviously likes old memes since they've fully embraced the totally-not-guy-fawkes-or-anonymous persona for the resistance.

other than being dumb and silly, i'm shaking my closed fist at the music. damn that song. THIS is how warframe is supposed to sound.

skin percussions and cymbals. not the oompa loompa's theme.

Vaarna_Aarne

Corrosive doesn't reduce based on original armor anymore tho, so it isn't quite as effective in dealing with high armor targets as before when you could go from yellow to red in a few 100% pellet hits. Though it still scales up by far the best out of any proc as long as there's any enemies with armor. Personally I don't think enemy armor works all too well in the game and kinda fucks with enemy scaling (since armor scaling exponentially increases health making Grineer easily the toughest high level enemies solely due to bloat), it'd honestly better if we had just enemy health.

Overall I'd say it means you either stack CP if you run in teams (I rarely do because I'm a misanthrope), use finishers or massive damage, or have a cat to deal with high armor enemies (since kitties can still completely remove armor permanently).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom